Flagstaff, AZ
Northern Arizona University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Arizona University

Alex

Northern Arizona University is very outdoor friendly and an excellent place to learn.

Secondary Education, Forestry, Business, and Geology

Study hard in the beggining rather than party.

Christopher

The San Fransico peaks and historic Downtown.

The San Fransico peaks and historic Downtown.

If i could go back in time and give myself advice about college i would say one thing, "prepare ahead of time for your classes and tests because college is ten times harder than high school was."

Poor hyeine among some groups of students.

Beatrix

My school is best known for being the biggest university in Northern Arizona and for the nursing/biology, forestry and environmental sciences and engineering schools.

I would assure myself that going to school with no one I know was a good decision and that it would lead me to metting many great people. I would tell myself to stop hanging out with my boyfriend all the time and get the best grades I could. I would suggest that I visit Flagstaff a few times before moving there! I would tell myself to apply to a lot more colleges than I did. I would advise myself to being more upbeat and excited about transitioning to school. I would tell myself to not have any expectation that college is like high school at all. In additon, I would tell myself that school can be really fun, even though high school was not. I would tell myself to look more at the catalog before selecting my classes, because you can't really choose random classes for an undecided and expect to enjoy my schedule.

I wish I had known how small the actual city of flagstaff is, and how cold it gets in the winter.

morgan

Collge isn't for everyone right out of high school. Take your time andget your priorities strait. There is no reason to start collge right away if you are to lazy to rollout of bed, go to class, and get decent grades. A 3.5 GPA leaving college will get you more job offers than a 2.5. Mke sure you have the drive to do well or you are wasting your time and money

The school is transitioning to internet based degrees to increase their numbers so every course has some type of internet home page you are supposed to look at and submit your papers on. As an older student, I found this frustrating and lazy on the part of the staff.

It has an amazing area for hiking, bikin and anything outdoors your heart deires. It is at 7000 feet so it is a great place to stay/get in shape. I issed out on most o this for my first year. Plus, there is an Aspen tree forrest ou hae to go see. Ask a local...a real local and they shoul know.

Danielle

Do not go with what is comfortable for you, go out of your comfort zone, it only helps you in the future.

a person interested in the busy city life.

how cold it got here. And that there was a majority of white poeple.

I would be more prepared for how different my life is about to become. And also I would have chosen to go to a differnt college.

the frats and sorieties because they are given way to much attention and money for stupid activites.

Katherine

NAU is a has a relaxed yet studious environment which makes it a fun and comfortable place to learn.

Although attendance isn't completely neccessary to get a good grade, be sure to go to class, and do not come up with small excuses to miss your classes. Make sure you follow your degree progression program, and if any classes you are taking are not neccessary and do not appeal to you, it would probably be wise to drop the class. Prepare and study for your classes, quizes, tests, and exams to make sure you are trying you're hardest. If you don't do well even after studying as hard as possible, then know you did your best and accept it.

My classes don't have a very large student to teacher ratio, which helps me get comfortable in my classroom setting faster. In my opinion, this makes it easier to learn.

Melanie

Northern Arizona University is nestled among the tall pines in Flagstaff, Arizona, with new and upcoming satelitte campuses around Arizona.

My classmates are intelligent and determine individuals.

If only I knew then what I know now! Such a typically thought, I am sure, for so many people. To start, think before you act! Is this really such a good idea? Will this affect my future? Simple questions that would have made a world of difference if you had actually thought about the answers to them. Second, all those really "cool" people that you just had to hang around with, remember the ones who took advantge of you, the ones who convinced you it was cool to break the rules and get in a little trouble. Ya well, those people will most definatley amount to nothing later on in life and they will be wishing they took the road less traveled. They will never admit to it, but they will for sure be jealous of your achievements. Last and probably the most important, don't be afraid of making mistakes and don't beat yourself up when you do (you will, trust me). Those mistakes are a huge part of who you are. Remember, it is never too late to stand up, dust yourself off and start over.

Kassie

If you are looking for a school where you can meet chill people and be outdoors 24-7, NAU is the school for you.

I know it seems like NAU will suck, expecially because you just got your acceptance letter to San Diego State, but you will meet great friends, you future husband, and find who you really are at NAU along with finding the degree you heart really desires. The school will not challange you to the point of frustration, but will challange you enough. You will get to continue snowboarding, hiking, camping and fishing just like you love to do. On campus living is not that bad, and afforable. Oh and did i mention your really cute future husband??? haha. NAU will be lacking a bit in the advising department, and it will really piss you off at first, but it will challange you to become a better future educator and teach you amazing things to bring into your future classroom. Oh, and there is a really great community college nearby where you will imporve you dancing skills and passions greatly! You will have the best time of your life! :)

A person who needs a lot of structure for their school work, or likes the big city, shopping, life, they should not attend NAU.

Northern Arizona University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.