Flagstaff, AZ
Northern Arizona University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Arizona University

kat

NAU is racially diverse which accepts any color of skin.

NAU is racially diverse which accepts any color of skin.

Be indecisive. That way, when you have found what you wanted, then you will truly be happy knowing that you tried all the other options. Don't be pressured on making immediate decisions, graduate at your own pace and learn into any topic that you want.

I wish I knew what I wanted to do instead of wasting time transferring around and loosing scholarship money.

Rebecca

It has the programs of study I wanted without being an incredibly large university. I also liked it's location in relation to my parents' home. It's far enough away that I'm living on my own, but close enough that I can drive a few hours and go home for a weekend. The environment was also a big factor in my decision. Flagstaff has 4 seasons and I've always wanted to go to a college where it snows.

Do your homework! Just because a college is reputable does not mean that it is the best option for a high school graduate. Sometimes schools that aren't as famous as Harvard, for example, are still really good and could have just what your student is looking for in a school. Attending a college is a lot more than just the academics. The social atmosphere is important as well. Make sure that you/your student chooses a school that meets both their academic and social needs. Look at how well a college is able to place graduates in jobs/careers. Also, professors are really important to succeeding in and after college. Check into what type of experience they have in the fields they are teaching in the classroom. It is better to have professors with hands-on experience than ones that have only been in a classroom.

People who want to attend a 4-year university that has a broad range of proprams available, but whose student population isn't too large. Flagstaff isn't very large, but it's a perfect college town. There are a lot of things to do on campus, so that helps minimize having to go elsewhere for entertainment. The professors are great about teaching you the skills you'll need after graduation.

Heather

Follow your heart. I chose NAU because I felt it was where i should be. My parents disagreed with me but I did what I needed to do. Also foloow you heart while you're here at college. It's a once in a lifetime oppertunity so don't let these few short years pass you by. Join clubs, get involved, become a RA. Do what fits you and the rest will fall into place.

once again anyone that wanted to could

I think anyone that wanted to attend could

Brandon

A great university with a big heart. People care. The only people who do not like NAU are once that have a bad attiutude going into it.

My classmates are fun, smart, and down to earth. Everyone is respectful of one another.

The most important thing to understand about going to college is your attiutude. College will force you to step out of your comfort zone and make a new world for yourself. If you try to fight the experince of college, it does not matter where you go, because you will not like it. Have a great attiutude and you will be succesuful no matter where you end up.

Holly

Do as much research as possible on financial aid and scholarships

Do as much research as possible on financial aid and scholarships

The financial aid department, I hear stories about students reviecing an enormous amount of aid and I am struggling to get enough to pay my rent.

Tyson

When looking for a college, it is extremely vital to examine the overall experience you would recieve while attending that institution. Most people believe that academic quality is the most important aspect of school, but more often than not, social experiences matter at least as much as the knowledge you gain. You should look at what you want to get out of school in addition to the degree. What kind of person would you like to become? What college will help you become this person? You should look at the environment there as well as the social acceptance of individuality. It is very important to be surrounded by a vast variety of culture, ideals, religions, ethics, as well as a diverse population of people. This will allow inevitable tolerance and will expose you to a significant expanse of various opinions in order to create a valid and justified opinion of your own. This is the absolutely only way to derive well-roundedness.

There is almost nothing frustrating about my school. My one complaint is that most on-campus dining shuts down on the weekends.

A person that bases their life on individuality. People that are very environmentally conscious.

JANAE

I would just say to follow your heart. If you feel it is the right school then it will be the right school.

I would say to really go for the college that focuses on your major. Stay a little close to home but not too close. And definitely be social. The connections you make in college are likely to stick with you forever. Go to parties, school events, anything to get your foot in the door.

It's a lot more quiet than Los Angeles, which is where I'm originally from. A lot more cleaner too. It really does feel like a college town.

I think my school is located in a great place. Some would argue that there isn't much to do here, but I think it's a peaceful place. It has all the stores and restaurants one person could ever need. Plus, there are great things to do here. People just need to know where to look.

Northern Arizona University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.