Northern Arizona University

« See more reviews of Northern Arizona University

Northern Arizona University is known academically for it's business school as well as its restaurant management and hospitality program. They both partner with local businesses to give students hands on experience working with various companies. Socially, NAU is known for it's open and accepting community with plenty of activities held throughout the week for students to attend. There are centers set up for the local Native American community as well as a new center for LBGTQ resources. NAU has a strong Residence Life community and the university is constantly striving to keep the residence halls updated.

Northern Arizona University is best know for it's Educational and Hotel/Restaurant Management programs. I am currently taking classes through the Education program; I have found it very rewarding and motivational. Another thing about NAU that could be considered "best known for" are the people. The people are extremely helpful and kind. Whenever I am walking to class I always have people who walk past me say "hello" or even just flash a smile. This is something that I heard about before coming to NAU and now that I am here I have found this to be true.

Northern Arizona University is well known for its beautiful, scenic campus located in Flagstaff, Arizona. You can enjoy the view of the mountains in the distance and the various types of tall trees throughout campus. NAU has one of the greenest campuses I have ever seen. The grass and other vegetation is well maintained and the different types of flowers throughout campus are beautiful. The weather in Flagstaff is also very enjoyable. Many students take part in various activities outside and some find a nice spot under a shady tree to read a good book.

Northern Arizona University was included in the 2011 edition of Best Colleges. It is considered to be one of the best colleges in the nation based on value for the money. NAU is one of the nation's top universities for Native American enrollment. NAU has many highly rated programs, especially the School of Hotel & Restaurant Management and the School of Forestry. The planet Pluto was discovered from NAU's Walk Up Sky Dome. NAU is full of historical facts and long traditions, and I think it is best known for just being an extremely worthwhile school.

Northern Arizona University is best known for its weather. Though the campus is located in the high desert, Flagstaff gets a lot of snow each year. Located around 10 minutes from Arizona's prime ski resort, NAU is a natural choice for avid skiiers and snowboarders alike. With sledding and other activities too look forward to, students can always find something to do. Also, they hope for snow days and perhaps a canceled final exam, something that is not unheard of around Flagstaff.

This school is known for its great parks and forestry departments directly connected with the National Park Service and US Forest Service. Instruction is from people who work in the field and know what they are teaching about from personal on the job experience. The instructors are willing to meet with students on an individual basis to share thoughts and provide direction to help the students reach their career goals.

My school is best known for its football team and the great education you can acquire by attending this amazing university. Our football team was number one in the big 12 last year after beating the longhorns of Texas. The education possibilities at Texas Tech is endless there are many colleges within tech that are number one or number 2 best in Texas such as our engineering college and our architecture.

My school is probably best known for its teaching program, which it was originally built for. Some new buildings such as engineering and business are getting more funding from alumni supporters. My school also has a state of the art anthrax lab where research is done. Not surprisingly, graduate, as well as undergraduate, research is suggested for all students at some point in their school careers.

I would say this school is best known for its great academic programs. They have many highly respected programs, and students who go through them are usually very successful. I would also say its known for its great location. Flagstaff is gorgeous, all four season occur, the winters are very big in flagstaff, so if you love the snow and snowboarding or skiing this is the perfect place.

My school is best known for being an outdoorsy environment with opprotunities to go skiing/snowboarding, hiking, mountain biking, camping, and many other outdoor activities. Northern Arizona University is also well known for their forestry, park & recreational, and construction programs.