Northern Arizona University

« See more reviews of Northern Arizona University

Northern Arizona University is unique because it is a smaller campus that allows for students to have small class sizes and one on one time with their professors and other students. Compared to the two other major universities in Arizona, it is located in a smaller town, which allows for a much greater sense of community and connectivity. Also, the weather provides opportunities for plenty of various outdoor activities and various events that wouldn't be hosted in Phoenix or Tucson. Lastly, NAU has the most diverse students and the most open and welcoming environment possible on a university campus.

Very little extremes exist here. NAU is large enough too sate anybody's appatite for the large university experience, but small enough to keep it quaint and comfortable. Academics and Athletics are equally treated. Academic competition is prevalent, but not overwhelming, even in the Honors College. Flagstaff offers a fantastic nightlife, though it is far from the focus of most students. Everyone seems to be interested in everyone else, making it extremely easy to be extensively social without compromising academics.

Northern Arizona Univesity is unique compared to other school that considered me because they offer very flexible schedules for working students. The professors at Northern Arizona University accomodate to students' needs and are willing to work with students one-on-one to give them the instruction they need. Not only do the students want to be successful at NAU, the professors also want the best for them. Continuously, professors can be seen engaging their students in learning.

The interactions with students and professors is refreshing. It allows for a more focused and organized environment. The small town experience is great for this college town. The number of students at this school is in my mind the perfect amount. It is not too small where you are unable to escape the anyone or the small town drama. It is not too big to where you are just another body at the school, it is perfect so you can be apart of something.

It has the programs of study I wanted without being an incredibly large university. I also liked it's location in relation to my parents' home. It's far enough away that I'm living on my own, but close enough that I can drive a few hours and go home for a weekend. The environment was also a big factor in my decision. Flagstaff has 4 seasons and I've always wanted to go to a college where it snows.

The thing that I find unique about Northern Arizona University is that it's a small campus, but still holds a lot of kids. Our campus is only about a mile and a half long adn half a mile wide, yet we have over 20,000 students. There is always some sort of activity going on to get us all involved in the campus and school.

At this time I'm not currently in school however, I have chosen a school I would like to attend to obtain my masters degree. This school is unique in that they are willing to work with me on my pesonal needs and interests. I also like that they offer classes starting at any time and it's an accelerated program.

Flagstaff is much like my hometown. There are four seasons and can drive in either direction and run into any different landscape from desert to ski resort. Flagstaff is only two hours from my home town therefore many friends from school would follow making my college experience the best that it can be.

NAU is at the foot of the San Francisco peaks, which has the highest elevation in Arizona. This means I can go snowboarding for a day and not miss my night classes. Everything is a lot more laid vack here. The rush and competition and stress of perfection isn't there, making perfection easier to get.

My school is unique because of its relaxed atmosphere, even the sororities and fraternities all live together in a single hall in relative peace. Just about everyone on campus gets along with eachother and nobody is an outcast based on the clothes they wear or the activities they participate in.