Northern Arizona University

« See more reviews of Northern Arizona University

Tell us about the food and dining options.

We have a lot of dining options! On North Campus we have a brand new restaurant called 1899. It's extremely popular and the food is pretty fancy but not too expensive. In the library we have a coffee shop where you can get coffee, pastries, smoothies, and some sandwiches. In the Union, you'll find the all-you-can-eat buffet style dining area. There are tons of options throughout the entire day and like the name says, it's all you can eat! It's super popular because of all the choices and there's no limit to what you can take and how much you can take. Also in the Union you can find retail restaurant options like Mein-Bowl (Chinese), Sub Connection (Like Subway), Jamba Juice, Eisteins Bagels, Starbucks, and Corbrizo (Like Chipotle). In another part of the Union we have a mini-store, Pizza Hut, a Soup-Salad place, Denny's Express, a small Bakery, and Chik-fil-A (an NAU favorite). Going towards South Campus, you'll find a place called the Gateway. It's open til 2am most nights and they have a variety of sandwiches and pizza. South Campus dining, the Dubois (commonly known as the 'Dub') has an all-you-can-eat buffet as well. The retail dining you can find there includes a build-your-own type mexican option, a create-your-own pasta station called Pasta Works (another NAU favorite), Einsteins, Sub Connection, and Peaks Grill which serves burgers, fries, sandwiches, pizza, etc. To purchase food you have meal plan options ranging from 10 meals per week to 19 meals per week. These meal plans allow you to get a certain meal as a "transfer". The meals are usually really filling and you can use your meal transfers at Starbucks! You also get what's called Dining Dollars and these can be used anywhere on campus to buy food, whether from the 1899 restaurant, a mini-store, or retail dining.

The general student body have meal plans for daily or block planned meals. There are a variety of food as well as dining locations. Both the north and south campuses have main dining centers.