Northern Arizona University

« See more reviews of Northern Arizona University

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who is open-minded and hungry for knowledge. The ideal NAU student might not be eager to learn in the classroom, but he or she should be enthusiastic about taking advantage of the diverse liberal culture and learning about how other people live. This person should also have no fear in the classroom; he or she must know the best class discussions begin when someone has something outrageous or out of the ordinary to say. The ideal NAU student speaks his or her mind without fear.

First of all the person has to love the environmental setting at which the school is set on. Most students are here at Northern Arizona University ( NAU) because they like the scene view of the near by mountain and the ponderosa pines that surrounds the campus. The campus is very diverse and students are very opened minded to other cultures that attend the school. The campus encourage students to strive to do their best in their learning endeavor. So a person that wants to attend NAU must be friendly and be ready to learn new things.

A person who is prepared to be challeged mentally and physically. My first year at NAU, I have been challenged alot. By physically I mean that Flagstaff is known for having snow in the spring time. You need to have determination and toughness to drag yourself out of bed and walk through blistering winds and knee high snow. This is no place for someone to call in sick. Also this school is very community oriented , and getting involved only makes thing more fun. So pretty much showing up to get things done, be outgoing and have fun.

Students who attend this school should be really interested in their studies. They should love the outdoors, because flagstaff is a very small town with not alot of activities to do unless you like the outdoors than there is a lot of fun things you can do. THe campus is very social, events going on all the time, they want to make sure everyone gets involved in the university. The sports are not the greastest but they are still alot of fun to go watch and support. The womens soccer games are very fun to go to.

The kind of person that should attend NAU is someone who likes the outdoors, is kind, wants to attend a University but not a big one, wants their professor to know their name, and likes snow. Someone who wants to take interesting small classes, have access to a nice gym and healthy food, and is interested in being environmentally friendly should attend NAU. A person who is an Education Major or Science Major should attend NAU. Someone looking for more than the typical college experience should attend NAU.

Northern Arizona University is situated at high elevation on a mountain; therefore, there is an abundance of wildlife, such as skunks and crows. Also due to the elevation we frequently get snow fall. Because of this environment individuals who are very fond of the outdoors would be right at home up here, as well as, other similarly laid back individuals. The general student population consists of vegetarians, and homosexuals; the majority of which are open-minded, individualistic students.

Anyone that loves having a small campus setting and classes, NAU is the place to be. From having great friends and the numerous activities you can do here, you also have a feeling of discovery. The teachers actually care how your doing in there class, your not just another number to them, they take real interest in your life, and to me that is very important. Also every morning when awake I look out my window and see the beauty of Flagstaff. If the school cant get you the town will.

Someone who is laid back and loves a variety of weather. Most people come here for the outdoor activities, but the environment here allows for people to just relax and read a book outside if they don't wish to participate in all the outdoor activities like mountain biking, hiking, skiiing, snow boarding, or ultimate frisbee. This is definitely not a party school, so anyone who wishes to focus on academics and close friends should come here.

A person who should attend Northern Arizona University is a studeous person, who prefers one on one with the teacher instead of having a class of 500 (aka ASU) where a teacher does not remember a face let alone a name. A student also has to not mind the cold weather to be attending N.A.U. It's a smaller university when compared to ASU or U of A but it is beautiful. The classes are great, I know I would personally not leave for theorld.

I believe that people who are serious about getting an education should attend this school. People who want to go beyond and learn to help pther people in need should attend this university. The type of person who should attend this school should be the type who isn't afraid to consume the facts this university offers, who is serious about helping people, who wants to receive one of the best education degrees Arizona has to offer.