Northern Arizona University

« See more reviews of Northern Arizona University

I think people that shouldn't attend this school are those that go to college ONLY for the learning. I believe college is a place where you learn life lessons and find out about yourself, amidst the learning environment, which a city of Flagstaff beautifully provides. Not to say the education is bad here by any strech of the imagination, but rather that it has so much to offer away from the classroom, some may find themselves enraptured in distracting ways. If you're willing to balance social and scholastic lives, NAU is perfect. If not, I wouldn't attend.

Someone who likes city-living and is not interested in the outdoors should not move to Flagstaff. I knew some people who felt bored in such a small town. NAU and the Flagstaff community are very accepting and I think a lot of different kinds of people would feel comfortable there. I knew conservative business majors and hippie social science majors and everything inbetween. There are quite a few Native American and Hispanic students, but not a huge amount of diversity other than that, However, I do think people of any nationality would feel welcome at NAU.

Because Northern Arizona University is a relatively small school, students who are simply looking for a "good time" should not attend. Flagstaff is very small and may not match up to the "big college" standards. NAU does not have large classes to hide in, a large campus to get lost in, or a large student population to become "part of the masses." The weather also varies between somewhat warm weather and frigid cold weather. Many students love these aspects, like myself; however, students who are looking for big party schools should not attend.

NAU is a wonderful school that is really open to any kind of student. The main features that might change a person's mind about NAU is the weather in the Winter; whereas opposed to the weather in the Spring and Summer time. Another key disadvantage is the distance away from home. On average, most students that are in attendance here at this college are from a different city, even state. This causes long trips home for the holidays, etc. Other than that there is nothing really in-significant in this beautiful city of Flagstaff.

I think the type of student who should not attend this school is the one who are lazy and not determined. First being lazy at this university will cost a lot and if you do not take education seriously then there goes thousands of dollars. This money could be from your parents, scholarships and the government who all want each individual to succeed in school. This school is not cheap in my eyes even though I am an instate student. Second not having determination and motivation to attend class will certainly lead to dropping out.

If someone is closed-minded, NAU probably would be a bad idea. But thats true for anywhere..... Overall, I genuinely believe that so long as NAU offers your major, it is the best of the three AZ universities by far. The traffic isn't bad either. However, transportation can be bad sometimes if you have classes on both north and south campuses. But people make friends quick and meeting someon in your class willing to give you a ride isn't difficult. If you don't like music or hippies, NAU is probably a bad idea.

In my opinion, like any college, you should not attend if you do not know what you want to get out of the experience. If you are attending college because that is what is expected of you or you want to stay close to your friends then there is a pretty good chance that you won't thrive in the college enviornment. College is an opportunity to learn many things, not just academic. If you are not up for the challenge, and do not have a clear idea of what you want from this experience, then maybe wait a year.

A person that should not attend this school is honestly a person like me. A person who loves to have fun, but not in any illegal ways. Also, a person who wants to get their education, but not by secluding yourself in a cold dorm room all day. A person with an outgoing personality and good morals should not go to this school, because everyone at this school is either a book worm or a hardcore partyer, there is no group of people in between; thus i stand alone.

The type of person that should attend this is school is anyone. There is every type of person here and it really is just a place to be yourself. You will not be scared of being judged here everyone one is really down to earth, friendly, and nonjudgmental. People do love the outdoor activitiy though here because of the moutains people take advatage for hiking, snow activities, and any other thing you could think of to do for an outdoor activity.

Because Northern Arizona is in a high elevation area, it does get very cold and it does snow. This year did not receive as much snow as last year, but there was still a good amount. If a person strongly dislikes cold weather, wind, rain, or snow, this is not the place for them. I actually am one of those people, but I can honestly say that I have learned to love it, especially because it was all a new experience; mainly the snow.