Northern Arizona University

« See more reviews of Northern Arizona University

After experiencing the trial and error period of my freshman year in college, I would offer some important suggestions to myself as a senior in high school. First, I would tell myself to begin developing good study habits in order to prepare myself for the work load in college courses. Next, I would encourage myself to become more sociable and develope positive communication skills. These communication skills will be extremely helpful in just about every situation a college campus offers. Also, I would encourage myself to begin learning and developing logical note taking techniques. Finally, I would tell myself to stay focused on my school work and start filling out applications for scholarships as soon as possible.

I would give myself three pieces of advice. First one: don't stress about making the grade. I know you don't think you are that smart but you are and you will be amazing in college. You will even get straight A's one semester! Don't sweat it. Two: go to the Theatre Club, trust me, it will make the transition of adding on a Theatre Major when you actually know what you are majoring in, instead of going in heads first like I did! And you might actually get a part because you knew more! Third: Have fun. No seriously, go out and have fun! I stay in way to much because I never went out in high school and so I never got comfortable with being outside of my room. Go have fun and enjoy it! You are only a teenager once.

I would tell myself to be single and to not tie myself down because I'm young. I'd also tell myself to try harder in my academics rather than just getting by. Also I'd tell myself to not worry about what other people think and to not let things get to me so bad. I would tell myself to join more clubs and to spend more time with my family. I would also say to not stress so much about the little things because eventually everything will fall into place. In addition I'd tell myself that communication is key and things can be worked out instead of having the drama of he said she said. Most importantly to just have fun and to be outgoing and just enjoy and embrace everything because high school only happens once.

Make sure you visit campus, go through the tours and orientations if it's offered. It's great touring during the academic school year because that way you can observe the students and the surrounding environment and get an idea of the campus atomsphere. Parents, encourage your kids to not come home as often, cut the cord loose! There are so many activities going on during the weekend that if they are visiting home, they miss out on some great and fun opportunities and don't get as connected. Students, LIVE ON CAMPUS PERIOD. Especially your first year. The time to meet new people is your freshman year. Everyone is in the same boat as you. And lastly, ENJOY! Live it up! Some of the best times of your life! =)

Dear JJ: I just want to let you know about all the possibilities and potential you have after high school. I am excited for your college experience and I know you can do anything you have an interest in. Luckily you went to a school that provided you with the classes that have prepared you for the scholastic and sports life that campus culture entails. Remember to ask questions of people who are supposed to be helping you (i.e. advisors, counselors and most of all, financial aid) and that you do not have to accept "NO" as an answer. Be polite, be persistent and be successful. It will be a very hard but very worth it experience in the end. Do it now. DO NOT PUT IT OFF. and most of all, enjoy.

The importance in finding the right college is finding the right one that fits you personally. Yes it is a plus if they carry your major but the college you choose to attend should be an extension of you and what you hope to achieve in this world. It should be a campus that not only do you want to succeed in academically but have fun at also. Because college, while academics is a main part, should be be fun also. You should not be afraid to have a social life, but make sure it is not entirely booze and drugs. Choose a college that is close to things you like do socially like dancing, hiking, eating, or biking. College is whatever you plan to make it, so make it what you are positively.

If I were to go back and tell myself what to expect when going off to college, I would say that going somewhere beyond your limits is good. Just consider that fact that you will need to be very open to making new friends. Maybe, if you are shy, go somewhere that you already have a friend or two. Above all else you should realize that people change dramatically in college and that just comes with the experience. Your best friend in high schoool may be a completely different person when they get into this new environment. It is also good to note to not stay so close to your friends back home that you forget to focus on your new life in this college experience. Enjoy it because it goes by fast!

I have not yet received a degree from my college, or even completed a full year, but I already know how important a college education is, and I'm excited to get my degree in Psychology so I can get a lifelong career and do something I love. I love the college I'm at, and enjoy my classes and the time in between classes. My professors are great, and the students are very friendly and hard-working. Having a college education will help me with everything I do in life, and I am proud to be a first generation college student. Working hard to excell in my classes is very rewarding, and I am proud of myself for making the decision to go to college, and I know others are proud of me as well.

I've gotten a lot out of my college experience in this first semester. I'm learning how to be on my own without my parents and family around. I now make my own choices and have more options to pick from. I've learned that things are a lot different when being away from home, but not in a bad way. I am exploring more things and really finding out who I am as a person. It's valuable for me to attend college because I have a lot of goals for myself. I find it important to be able to take care of myself finacially, even if I do get married. Independence is something everyone should be able to have, and going to college is helping me to get that and learn what it really is all about.

AT THE MOMENT THE EDUCATION IN ANY PROFESSION THAT HAS A WEIGHT MANY MORE FORT THAN AT OTHER TIMES, AND IS WHAT IT ALLOWS TO FOLLOW AHEAD AND TO SECURE THE GOALS HIM THAT I AM LOOKING FOR. AS SOON AS WITH REGARD TO OUR PROFESSION, WE HAVE THE MECHANIC, BUT LACK THE QUALIFICATION THAT ALLOWS YOU TO REASON WHY EACH THING BECOMES THAT WE DO. THIS IS WHAT IT ALLOWS US TO GROW DAY TO DAY AND NOT REASON WHEN WE WORKED WE ARE LIKE MACHINE THAT PRODUCES, PRODUCES AND PRODUCES. HOWEVER, WHEN ACQUIRING DEEP KNOWLEDGE BEFORE OUR EYES AND IMPRESSIVE OPORTUNITY OCCURS US. AND, MAINLY, IT GIVES THE CAPACITY US TO CREATE, WHICH CAUSES THAT EVERY DAY THEY ARE A DIFFERENT AND INNOVATING DAY.