Northern Arizona University

« See more reviews of Northern Arizona University

The best thing about NAU is that the people here?students and staff alike?embrace diversity. People of a different race, ethnicity, social class, gender/sexual identity, and/or sexual orientation are welcomed with smiles and open arms. This is better than anything else I could say about my school because it affects everything else in a positive way. Diversity brings variety and excitement to class discussions, and it also exposes the campus to different points of view. The great range of diversity also brings a lot of student activism to the campus. The best thing about NAU is diversity.

The best thing about my school would be its ideal location in a pristine environment, suitable for expanding the scope of ones academic goals. The school is located in Flagstaff Arizona, nestled amongst the pristine mountains of the San Fransisco peaks. The area is rich in history and neighbors the Navajo Indian reservation. Culturally diverse, environmentally progressive, quiant and historically preserved, Northern Arizona Universities spot on the map, Flagstaff Ariozna, is the best thing about my school. A serene environment allows for the mind to grow and the soul to flourish.

I think that the best thing about Northern Arizona University would be the area in which the campus is located and the size of the school. NAU is located in the forest, allowing students to be in nature. The school also is close to the mountains so students can go snowboarding, and Sedona to play in the creeks. This university is located in a small town, however it is 100% a college town, and you feel instantly connected to the college life. The class size are generally small which allows students the opportunity to get to know their professors well.

I really like everything about my school, so its hard to pick just one thing as the best. I love the school campus, its in a beautiful location, and the seasons of Flagstaff are great. The campus itself is great, its big enough so its not crowded and clustered, but small enough that its easy to get to classes, and find everything you need. The classes are great, and the professors are very friendly and extremely helpful, and really care about the individual students. The classes are small, so its very easy to get the special attention you need.

The best thing about my school Northern Arizona University (NAU) is that my school is very open to diversity. In order to feel comfortable you have to feel liked and welcomed by your school and I feel that NAU does a great job of welcoming it's students. This attitude insures a safe learning experience for it's students. NAU does a great job to make students feel they are wanted and liked. Such a relationship encourages students such as myself to strive for a great learning opportunity. This is what's great about attending NAU.

Northern Arizona University offers a community vibe and presents students a safe environment. The community is based strongly on the size of the school, it's not too big nor too small. A student doesn't feel as if they are getting lost in a sea of people, making the high school trnsition easy, but they also feel very connected to the school. NAU is the perfect place to meet new friends, one will never run out of people to meet, but you will always see a familiar face walking down the sidewalk or in one of your classes.

What i consider the best thing about this school is that you would never get bored. There is so much to do here, you have hiking, bike riding, horse riding, you have the creek and Sedona just an hour away from Flagstaff. It's a growing city and you have a diverse group of people, you'll never feel left out. The programs they have are wonderful and we have an amzing basketball team, football team, ROTC(Army, Air Force), Rugby, Intramurals, snow, atv activities like 20 minutes away. We have everything!

The best thing about my school is the diverse cultures among the students. People come from all over the U.S. and some from foriegn countries to attend this University. That makes for one very rich enviornment. Everyone has a unique perspective and story of life. It's a chance to learn about cultures, religions, and traditions that are different from my own. It keeps me openminded and aware that the things that i grew up exposed to are not universal, and everyone has thier own unique and exciting story.

the best thing about our school is the people. All the students and faculty have come from aound the world to come here. partially becase it is cheap, and partially because of its reputation as a green campus. The people on campus are so diverse that there is little to no predjudice, ethnic profiling, or teasing or taunts of any matter. There has never been fights between students on our campus. evryone respects the other because of the attitude that we have created as a student body together

To me the best thing about my school is that it is so diversed and it is easy to get around campus. My school also provides transportation throughout campus. Buildings are very strong and beautiful. I also like that there is so much clubs and orginizations that i can be involved with. People are so friendly and you can ask anyone for help. Another thing that makes my school the best is that we are so involved with our community and everything is close to eachother and very convient.