Haverhill, MA

Just a beautiful place!!

Beautiful

Just a beautiful place!!

William

My school is well run, the quality of education is very good and the price is right.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would first say pay attention in class, you will need these basics to make it in college. I would also tell myself to consider college right out of high school. I went into the millitarty and while I don't regret that, I wish I had gone to college earlier. I am now 41 and going back to school now is a challenge. I would also tell myself to manages my time more efficiently and procrastinate less. In High school there are definate deadlines, and you are reminded of them daily. In college you get your homework and you are responsible to keep track of when it is due and get it done on time.

My school is a really good one. The worst thing about it is that it is only a 2 year school.

James

In high school, my classmates and I would generally refer to Northern Essex Community College as a 'fake' school. Perhaps, the fact that the school accepts all applicants and emits a lower-than-standard GPA may be to blame. However, others respect the school for just that. Everybody is welcome without basis on the decorative content of a high school r?sum

Despite the enjoyment I get from the mystery of college life, I feel satisfied in telling my younger self, at least, that there is no need to worry down the road. That is how I have always felt and that is the same advice I would share with my senior-year mind. I didn't plan on attending school right after I graduated. I thought the best choice for me would be to take a semester or two off and enjoy myself, make some money, and take more time in finding a more suitable school. At the last minute, I decided I could get some classes out of the way at Northern Essex, and I'm glad I made that decision. Confidently, I would demand myself to thoroughly enjoy the transition-summer, but reassure that happiness doesn't disappear once schooling starts. "When you start paying to do what you dreaded for 12 years, you will realize why it was all worth it," I would assure myself. The freshman year of college is the hopeful start of a path to one day be performing surgery to save lives. That's my dream. "Stick with it! You?ll be fine."

Regardless of financial status, test scores, or acquired aptitude or accomplishments, literally anyone can benefit from attending Northern Essex. Particularly, for those students who have the willpower but couldn?t prove it elsewhere, this school will provide the opportunity to demonstrate true desire to succeed. People of all ages, ethnicities, backgrounds, and status come to Northern Essex possibly because it is the only accepting school, but often because it is affordable and helpful. Harvard-worthy people sit at my side in many classes. If you are determined, you are just as capable here as any school.

Stacey

Our school is a good education for a reasonable price. I think the value of classes compared to other schools is excellent.

I would tell myself to go anywhere I want. This is the one time in your life you can live in the heart of NYC or LA or Boston and, although it's in a dorm, chances are you will never be able to afford a huge apartment in Manhattan or on the Charles River in Boston. This is a chance to experience city life, or country life, in the safe confines of a college campus. I would also tell myself to enjoy every single moment. The experience goes by so fast and a minute should not be wasted. Take time to enjoy dining in the cafeteria with friends, going to a school play, or attending a football game. Squeeze every ounce of college experience you can. I am an interesting case because I have been to college before, so I am able to really enjoy every moment. I know that it will be over so fast and I want to make sure that the most out of my college.

If I were able to go back to my high school senoir self I would tell my self to prepare, and study. I would tell myself to get more help rather then to do it all on my own. I would also tell myself that it is easy to make the transition into college, and to not be afriad of change.

casandra

My school is exciting, motivating, and caring. I have applied to many colleges and have not seen a school like Northern essex Community College, where the the advisors actually sit down with you and take their time and to explain everything you need to do and what courses you have to take for your major.

My advise would be to continue to study hard and not fall into the trap of peer pressure. Also, make a good example of attending all of the classes and doing homework and completing on time. This is very important especially when you get into college because there are going to long papers to write and time limits to finish. It's also good to be on time so that when you get out in the workforce you will have the experience and knowledge of completing your assignmentsf and being on time.

There is nothing really frustrating about my school, just that the cafetaria food is too expensive and not that very good, but then what school has a good cafeteria food.

Danica

Northern Essex Community College provides a high level of education at an affordable price.

When deciding which college to was right for me, I had to consider the price. Northern Essex provides the same education level as surrounding colleges at nearly half the price, so it works for me. I'm able to take all the general education classes at Northern Essex and then transfer to all of those credits over to the college of me choice.

When I was applying for college, I was going for the name, not for the education. I assumed that because Northern Essex was a community college that it couldn't possibly provide the same level of education as UNH or UConn. Now that I've gone to Northern Essex I know that its equal and in some ways its better. I wish I had known all this back when I was a high school senior. As fart as the transition into college, I would tell myself that everyone has there own way of coping with all the differences. Some are going to focus more on the partying and the drinking, but that's not the way for me. College is what you make of it; whether you're living on campus or commuting back and forth. The best way to get through it is to make quality friends, study hard, and focus on your studies because that's what you're there for- the education not the partying.

We use the most current publicly available data. As such, we don't remove or edit college information. Sources for school statistics and data include the U.S. Department of Education's National Center for Education Statistics and the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System. Portions of college data include copyrighted material, which is reproduced on this website by permission of Wintergreen Orchard House, a division of Carnegie Communications. © 2009-2016 by Wintergreen Orchard House. All rights reserved.
Financial aid at this institution is only available for those who qualify.