Northern Essex Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Northern Essex Community College

Luisauris

Just a beautiful place!!

nubiannie

Northern Essex is the only community college in my vicinity but, the greatest option between schools in Massachusetts. My first semester there was amazing. My teachers were very nice and helped as much as they could. The college has two campuses which can make you have the "college experience" and honestly is great! There's many options for night and day school as the people there always try to work around your schedule. There are many people of different ages at Northern Essex because it is a college for anyone ! Everyone can go there and start their education!

Blake

I think it is a good place to start out your college education either coming out of high school or a returning college student or a non-traditional one! Academics are okay. College campus is nice in Haverhill but in Lawrence I would be careful and try and to avoid it.

jasmine

I love the professors. I love the class size. The food is not the best. I like how the campus is small.

Francis

I think the Deaf Studies program is excellent!!! Students looking for a career in interpretation or socil work with the Deaf are very well prepared and qualified. There's also a lot of involvement with the local deaf community and reaching out services.

Amel

Northern Essex Community College is a great starting point for many students coming out of high school. It does a great job of making the transition smooth while keeping the costs low. The professors are always available and often times go as far as to give their personal phone numbers to give a students a convenient way to contact them. They care for the students’ success and are often willing to change up lectures if it proves beneficial to the class’s success. Overall, Necc is a great institution and while it may not be the best out there, it’s a great place to start.

Alba

NECC , every since I was in middle school I've heard people say it was a bad school. But after i graduated high school and started the fall there the school is just amazing ! Everyone is just super helpful. The classes are about 20-30 students depending on the class you in. There is a lot of events that go on, on campus. The campus is has two different campus. If you want a more city feeling school you could go to the Lawrence campus. But if you want a more suburb feeling you will want to go to the Haverhill Campus. The students are so nice, Everyone said hi. We have food on campus so no need to drive or leave the campus for food.

Molly

I have the advisors at NECC to thank for my career path. I have 2 associate's degrees from NECC, and a career I love. I paid up front for classes, and never had to take out a loan. The campuses are small, but I like it that way. Both campuses were within driving distance and easily accessible for me.

Kira

Overall my experience at NECC was rather mediocre. There was nothing especially heinous about it and the general area was nice ( I took classes on Haverhill campus) and they have a lot of additional course opportunities. However management was not great and thus I'm very excited to be transferring to a 4 year private college to finish my education.