Northern Illinois University

« See more reviews of Northern Illinois University

My School "Northern Illinois University" is able to turn lower-class people into upperclass people. You have to network to become known around campus, especially if you're looking for a job. I think that you could do anything at this school if ur able to pay for it. The dorms are great for people who are not working, simply because you have a meal plan that you can use each and every day if you can manage it well. Also the people are great to be around because it is ver cultural. Many Different ethnicities are at my school.

Great school on an island in a sea of corn. I found my department of study to be small and intimate. It worked well for me, since it was close enough to my home, and I could go home on the weekends to raid my mother's refrigerator and mow her humoungous lawn. The town is quaint and welcoming. I was offered full time work and a paid way through a master's program after I graduated, which I declined. In retrospect, I wish I would have taken the opportunity, but so is life.

The professors are really helpful, however financial aid is really bad because they do not award students enough money. Getting help from financial aid is hard too because they are always buzy(or so they claim), especially on the phone. Food is average. It is somewhat diversed, but on the weekends the school is dead because there is no activities thus, everybody leaves.

My school is very big on Pride for your school and for your classmates. It offers several majors and it offers a very good buisness college that is in good shape because the students respect the building. I have to say my college will not hesitate to help you succeed but they will not learn for you, they force you to learn.

Northern Illinois University is a school where I learned about the reality of life from the murder of a fellow freshman, two gunshot events, and various drug dealings throughout the duration of my stay, however the serious circumstances allowed me to focus on my future in hopes to improve the world from these mishappenings.

NIU as like any school is what you make it out to be, it is capable of being a great school if you seek out the many intellectual teachers and spend time studying the material, and if you are looking for a good time there are also many parties and social activities at any given time.

RANDOM. NIU seems to pop up out of nowhere since the surrounding areas are fields. While on campus you have buildings ranging from super old (castles) to new (dont know the new dorm name). The layout of the buildings are poorly planned and can make getting around a pain at times.

I have had the most wonderful teachers I have ever had in my 5 years of attending college at this college. The school sends emails and informs the students to the best of their ability.

Northern Illinois University is a great school filled with accepting people, great research opportunities for every major, and pleanty of clubs to keep you entertained through the year.

NIU provides one of the best nurture systems. After the February 14th tragedy, we have all grown closer to each other. We are all adamant about moving forward together.