Northern Illinois University

« See more reviews of Northern Illinois University

They were all young college students. I did not have many adult students in my classes, generally the students in my classes graduated high school all around the same time as myself. I would also say that the students were from middle class/income families. The student body was rather diverse. Students came from all over, mainly from Illinois, but there was also a small percentage of those who came from out of state. There was also a variety of ethnicities and students from different backgrounds.

My classmates generally fall into one of two types: the people who come to class, sit there, and try to stay out of the way, and the people who engage in active discussion about the material. Both kinds of people tend to do well enough to satisfy themselves, but everyone likes the second kind more. They just make it fun.

There are a lot of social people at the school. Some are only social to people they know and some, like me, are social to everyone. I think the students here are pretty chill for the most part. I don't really see anyone majorly dressed up when they go to class. It's a casual vibe.

My classmates are from different background and cultures. They are of different age group as well. I am junior in NIU, so most of my classmates are around 21 years of age, nice and thoughtfull. They always help me when I needed and I will help them. I like the variety.

My classmates are all diverse and have different personalities. From growing up in a small town, meeting new people that are different from yourself is a great experience. I have made many friends with people I wouldn't of known if I didn't go to my school.

The people in the classes are neutral. They do not go out of their way to be friendly, but they don't go out of their way to be mean except on the NIU forum website on mysapce. They seem to be immature and still stuck in the high school mantality.

My classmates are energetic and love what they do. They are passionate about learning and updating their knowledge with more. They want to finish school, get degrees and become something with themselves. They are very abitious people.

My classmates are friendly, approachable, and easy to talk to. They help you out when ever you need help, and it is not very difficult to start a study group where we would get together and work on homework and study for an exam.

My classmates vary depending on the class I am in. I am taking alot of Biology courses this semester so everyone is a Bio Major, they are really enthusiastic and are always willing to have fun study and review sessions.

The students at NIU are unlike any other. They have a great amount of pride in their school and are not afraid to show it. Most students are on financial aid (around 77%) which can be troublesome at times.