Northern Illinois University

« See more reviews of Northern Illinois University

Unfortunately I am not one to brag, but what comes up a lot when I talk to my friends is the grading style of most teachers. For many of my upper level science courses, I have witnessed tremendous curves that have allowed me to excell beyond a perfect score. A substantial amount of classes have had to curve the class about ten percent in order to accommodate for the students who did not perform well throughout the semester. This is something that I find amusing and awesome; it is awesome because I am able to exceed the standard score limit.

What I brag about most when I tell all my friends about school is how small Northern Illinois University's campus is. All of the major buildings where classes are held, office buildings, and even the dormitorys are close by one another. This makes getting around campus fairly easy. Having such a small campus also allows for me acess anything that I need quite easily. For example, if I need to speak with my guidance counsler after a class, its no more then a five minute walk from anywhere on campus to the cousling office.

If i would to recommend my friend to attend the university, i would recommend them this school. There are resources such as library, computer labs, and help from the advisors and counselors to achieve you study's goal. The most importantly is the involvement in school's activities. You have to be social life to get the network. Network is really important in the school. The more you know people, the better it will be benefit you for your future career. Great school.

I brag about how most buildings are pretty close and how the professors that I have are great. They are all very welcoming and you can ask questions without feeling scared. It is also very welcoming to freshmen first coming to the school, especially during the first week. There are many activites for people to participate in and to get people involved right at the start of school.

I brag most about the resources available at NIU. There are so many organizations available at Northern to join. There is something for everyone to be involved in, from Greek Life to Spanish Club. It is because of such a diverse group of organizations that I convinced one of my friends to apply and attend Northern Illinois University.

The campus. The campus here has a ton of diversity in terms of size and shape. There are some really cool-looking buildings on campus, and the campus itself it sort of sectioned-off into these little groups that make it really visually appealing. Especially in the spring and summer, the NIU campus is a really great sight to behold.

I tell people about the awesome people that attend the school, as well as the amazing professors and the campus. I tell them that the college has amazing progams and there are so many people there that want to see you succeed, they help you as much as they can when you need it. No one turns their back on anyone there.

Im very proud of the community feel of the campus. Everything from the classes, to the residence halls makes you feel welcome and accepted. The Community Advisors do an excellent job in the residence halls puttint together collaborative and inclusive programs. Theres plenty of fun things to do through them.

NIU has a top rated Education program. It is small enough to know people yet, large enough to be left alone. The campus is beautiful, sports are fun, and depending on where you live, close enough to home that you can go back when you need to but far enough that your parents will call before they come!!

Northern has an excellent education program. The professors are dedicated to ensuring the success of each and every one of their students. Teachers who come out of NIU are very well prepared for the field. NIU also has an excellent football team that is going to the the Orange Bowl this year!