Highland Heights, KY
Northern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Kentucky University

Ernesto

Follow your dreams, it will be an easy adjustment from highschool to college. Do not let the nay sayers around you bring you down and change your mind. Follow the path you have worked so hard for, your family will ultimately thank you for making your decisions to continue your education. Do not try to carry the weight of the world on your own and abandon your future endevours. You have the skills and knowledge to succeed in college, just do it and finish it. Dont stop, dont get side tracked, keep your focus, and all will turn out better then you know.

Brittani

Be persistant. Don't think that just because most of the professors don't take attendance that it doesn't mean you don't have to go to class. And use your resources. Many of the professors tell you all the homework needed to be complete in their syllabus but it's up to you to use your resources to complete other assignment while you aren't busy. Not only can you look over your syllabus, if you start struggling GET A TUTOR, don't think of it as "it's free tutoring" think of it this way you have already PAID these people to sit and help you, and you would be WASTEING MONEY if you don't allow them to help you pass your classes. And lastly, there is NO REASON to fail, you live on capmpus all your resources are availiable to you and you are smart effort to succeed. And if your'e anything like I was... I know you will make the right decisions (; Good Luck Kid!

The most frustrating thing about Northern Kentucky University woukd be bus system that is offered and comes with the schools tuition. The people who drive the buses seem to be on their time regardless of the schedule they claim to keep.

The best thig about the school, is the small class sizes. When you are in school you are able to have one on one time with your professors, they send out emails during breaks to make sure you are doing okay, and they genuinely go out of their way to make sure you know the material they give and help you to be successful.

Tiffany

NKU is an active, happy, laid-back environment where you can easily find yourself surrounded by people who are just like you.

I would have paid more attention to the scholarships and oppurtunities out there. I live in a tiny town where most people graduate (some doesn't) and go straight into working at factories to make a living. That's the only thing I knew. I never really considered higher education. I wish my high school pushed going to college and get us better prepared. I wish I tried harder in high school as I am in college.

Catherine

some are open to learning and are serious about it, while others think they are entilited to get the best result for lowest amount of work effort put forth

being a commuter school with a viking as a mascot, good science program with excellent lab facilties, also a great proforming arts and education program

If I could go back and give myself advice for starting college I would tell myself that I need to start out as a geology major instead of an education major so that I could get the jump on the program and start where I should have with the right classes. Join the Newman Club right off the bat because you will make some amazing friends in that group that you will have for a good while. Study better for some of the gen eds. But mainly, stay calm, have fun, and you will do just fine. However, with all that in mind, you will be better off starting in education than geology becasue you are going to learn an quite a bit about yourself and you will finish your gen eds sooner and make some really special friends in those classes that you wouldn't have otherwise. Start where you to with college and explore it. Don't change a single thing about the experience, because it is going to make you a better person.

Erika

Northern Kentucky University has a phenomenal staff, which is why so many students become successful, and many even come back to work for the university. Without this amazing staff, I would not be able to succeed in college, or in life. My advisors, professors, and program directors are helpful, understanding, and patient with students. The staff at Northern Kentucky University genuinly cares about my well being and they take the time to adress my educational needs.

Majority of the students at Northern Kentucky University do not live on campus, but instead they comute to school. This can be frustrating to me because it is difficult to meet with commuter students who do not live very close to campus. This especially becomes a problem when working on group presentations.

Tessa

The University offers many school-spirited activities. It's a very well-rounded campus that's very diverse. They have a great recreational center and the professors are great!

The advice I would give myself is even though there may be a few subjects that seemed as if I didn't need to study for, study anyways! In college, there are a lot of quizzes, tests, and exams, and I feel as if I would have studied more in high school, I would have better studying habits in college. Even though I may not have needed to study for things in high school, I could have used that time to learn more efficient ways to study and to develop more effective studying habits.

I wish I would have known more about the sororities. I feel like it would have given me more of an opportunity to get involved and to meet new people.

Crystal

There is no time limit to when you can go to college and get a degree. But, if you do know what you want out of this life and you are ready to make that committment, don't delay. Get started, buckle-up and enjoy the ride. The will be roadblocks and detours but you will find a way to reach your destination if you choose to.

Brandon

I would tell myself about how to get involved earlier and to try and get myself living on campus. I would tell myself of all the oppertunities and scholarships that are out there and how when i graduate if i did take full advantage i would need to pay for college and that when i live on campus i could have more fun then ever and even could get a job on campus. The best advice is no matter what happens don't loose sight of the prize and fight through what ever it takes to stay concentrated on school and graduate in the near future.

Anyone and everyone should be apart of this school at one time or another. It is an all out fun school but still very serious on graduation and helping students out in classes and school work.

Brandi

The advice that i would give myself is to go directly after you get out of highschool. The one thing you need not to do is take the time off then go to college, that you should do it straight out of highschool. You have two beautiful kids that look up to you and that you need to give them a good life and make it to where they are proud of what you have accomplished. Make your husband the most happiest man ever by going back to college while also taking care of the household, two kids in school and just juggling life all together. Make sure that when you do get into or go to college that you put full focus into your school work, but to also keep in mind that you do have a family that needs you just as much. Never neglect your5 homework for school, because if you do you will never succeed in life and you need to succeed for npt only youself, but for your family, friends and life all together. Just remember that your family and surroundings will be proud of you for the steps you are taking to better youself

Northern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.