Highland Heights, KY
Northern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Kentucky University

Greg

In knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, the advice that I would've given to myself as a high school senior would be to talk to current college students in the major that I was looking at to find out what they liked and didn't like about it. I would also tell myself to allocate hours dedicated to studying over the material learned during class. One important thing I would tell myself would be to find out from professors if there was any extra work I could do to get more practice especially if it was a subject I was struggling with. Another important piece of advice I would give myself would be to be absolutely certain about the major I picked instead of settling. This could've been done by looking at possible jobs that I would've been interested in post-college. I would definitely tell myself to have fun in college, whether it's going to sporting events or playing intramural sports, but not so much that it takes into my time of studying.

I really wish I had looked harder into this school during my Senior year of high school. I absolutely love their Computer Information Technology program. I would recommend it to anyone coming out of high school or someone looking to transfer from a community college.

So far I've only been in two different in two different buildings so I haven't experienced a lot as far as campus life goes. In one of the buildings the elevator didn't always work as I experienced once. That was quite the adventure waiting for someone to fix that.

kayla

Kayla, I know you have no idea what is about to happen to your life in the next four years but believe me when I say that it's goin to be the best experience you will ever experience. You will have many ups as well as many downs, but you will always rise above it all. It will be events that will try to hold you back from accomplishing your goals, always remember that this is bigger than you, it's for your family as well. I know that right now, there is so much pressure, stress, and anxiety, getting accepted in schools, prom, work, and life in general, stay strong but also enjoy it because it will happen so fast. Once you are in college remember to stay focus on your studies but also have s good social life. I know that some people are saying that you need to rush and decide a major but don't listen, it will come to you, when the time is right. Kayla, it's so much more that I can say to you but I want you to leave with this message always keep God first and keep the faith.

The kind of person that should attend Northern Kentucky University is someone that likes small class sizes an a small campus. A person has to be willing to go out and make friends and stay very involved in the different groups that are offered here at NKU. A person that is hard-working, dedicated, loyal and ready to be the best in life should attend NKU. A person that's not to much into partying and drinking because NK, is a dry campus and to some people that may bother them. I feel that anyone can attend NKU.

Before attending Northern Kentucky University, I wish I would have known that I would meet some of the best people in my life, that I would fall in love with the school, have more memories that I will ever be able to count and that NKU will be the best thing that has ever happen to my friend and I. Being at NKU has taught me so much about myself as well as family, friends, and life itself. NKU has helped me grow and evolve into the person that I want and need to be in life.

Angel

Be sure to live up your college life. Things will be difficult and sometimes you may feel like giving up, but don't. Live at home with mom and dad as long as possible. Do not rush yourself to grow up, you have the rest of your life for that. Northern Kentucky University is a great place. Do not second guess yourself, you are going into a great profession and the profession that is best for you. Everything works out by graduation. Quite worrying and just enjoy your time there.

The best thing about the school is the small class size and the professors. since the classes are so small the professors are able to give individualized attention.

The worst thing is that the campus is considered a communter school so there are not many activities on campus throughout the week or on weekends.

Kyra

It feels like the combination of a small, private school and a large university with many opportunities and it's rapidly growing.

"College is a fresh start; expand your horizons, meet new people, take advantage of opportunities, have fun, but on top of everything- stay dedicated!" This is what I would tell myself as a high school senior, summed up in a nutshell. College is a time in your life that can really shape who you are. It is such a diverse and opportunistic environment that should be fully taken advantage of, but it is what you make of it. Take classes that you enjoy to help you stay focused. Get involved in campus activities and organizations in order to give you a break from school and meet new friends. Avoid procrastination as much as possible- it will come back to haunt you and steal your sleep! Enjoy yourself; these are your last few years to enjoy being a student before having to go off and get a “big girl” job. Most importantly, amongst having fun, stay dedicated to your school work and achieve those A’s. Learning is a privilege that you are paying a lot of money for- don’t waste it away by taking the easy way out!

I wish I would have known that there is not a huge selection of foreign language courses to choose from each semester.

Jenna

Norther Kentucky University is a calm school the class size is just right if you don't prefer large classes, the campus is one of the nicest I have seen so far and walking distance to class won't be a hike.

What I would go back and tell myself is that I should work to my fullest potential. All the bad things that happened during high school is just lessons that you would learn to help you with the future. I would also say that the major I chose was way more difficult then I thought but with my potential I can do whatever I put my mind to.

What I wish I have know before I came to NKU are all the scholarships I could have applied for.

Carissa

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to do what my heart tells me. It's so hard not to buckle under pressure of your peers, school load, parents but do what I think is right for ME. I would tell myself to go for it. Try everything at least once. How will you know you like/don't like it if you don't try it? Meet as many people as you can. Put yourself out there and embrace who you are and who you have become. Lastly, I would tell myself to love who you are.

I wish I would have known all the new things I was going to experience.

I love working on campus. It's fun to meet everyone and meet a lot of new people.

I believe that starting your education at a community college to start off, isn't a bad idea it's actually good. It's good for the following three reasons: save money, get your general studies classes all done, and it also gives you time to think about what you want to major in, if you're undecided. Colleges and Universities aren't cheap, so I believe by attending to a community college first it will help you save a lot of money. Before entering college, students aren't really sure in what they want to major in, so the best advice is to go to a community college and take general classes and by experiencing different classes you will figure out where do you find your best interest in. You will decide then if you want to continue your education in that field; so you take all your basics at a community college and then transfer out to a university and continue your career. So at the end you have made accomplishments, which are, saved two years of money, found your career, and you received a Bachelor's Degree in your field.

James

For a very long time I knew I was going to work in the medical field. At the early age of 10. At that point i didn’t know what position I was going to pursue in the medical field. Some want to pursue working as a doctor or surgeon, I wanted to be a Regisetered nurse. Or a technician, well the technician I pursued or over 23 years now. And I love every minute of it.. and I take a lot of pride in my work.

If I could go back in time and tell myself about college what would I say? Well to start off I would say that it's not as hard as everybody says. It's a lot more freedom then when your living at home; which is nice:) Even though it's not as much homework it's for sure a lot more studying. You need to be prepared to meet a lot more new people. So being open minded to everybody helps you make the friends you need:) In conclusion I would tell myself not to worry I can do it!

To be honest there isn't anything wrong with Northern Kentucky University; my school:) I love it here! The staff is awesome, respectful, and helpful. My fellow classmates are all friendly and are there when you need them. I feel at home here and woulndn't change it for the world!

One thing that would have been nice is to have been able to stay at least a week in the housing your staying at during the school year to see if you like it or not. Even if you didn't like it could you live with it? That would have made a big difference.

Northern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.