Highland Heights, KY
Northern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Kentucky University

I would tell myself that its not that hard, that I can do whatever I put my mind to. College is a great chapter in your life, and I will succeed to my fullest and make my dreams come true.

The best thing about NKU is the one-on-one feel you get with being in small classes, with the faculty and staff. Its comforting to know that they care about your education and want to help you through your schooling.

Persons that should attend this school need to have the desire to succeed for a degree and the time for their education.

Andrew

Knowing what I know now, I would definitely have approached transitioning to college differently. Quite frankly, I did not take the process as seriously as I needed to. I ended up missing dates for certain things and so I missed out on important opportunities to gain the financial need that I need. I am in a tough situation. My parents make enough to where we are many times over what is considered in need of federal or state aid. My parents are also not in a position to where they could easily take care of the costs associated with tution and other things. Therefore this huge gap exists that must be filled with loans, scholarships, grants, and anything else I can find to help me. The situation I face now is the same one I faced as a High School Senior. In short, I would have told myself to shape up and concentrate on the future.

Abigail

The majority of my classmates are hardworking and dedicated, but then there are some that get lost in the college experience and do not know how to balance the work load. I believe I have become very good and organzing my time and getting my work done in an orderly fashion. Most of my classmates are just like me and we all support each other within our academics.

Northern Kentucky University is just big enough to feel like a real college, but still small enough to feel like home. I believe my education here is truly being developed and I am confident that I will receieve a well- paying job because of my time here at NKU.

If I were able to go back in time, I would tell myself to not stress out about where I am going to go because I will end up where I'm meant to be. I would also tell myself to go to class everyday, no matter how bad I do not want to that day and to spend at least three hours a day in the library. I believe I am truly meant to be here and this is where i will succeed and be the best I can be.

I would tell myself to prepare for alot of studying. When I was a senior in high school I had no idea that I would take at least three exams in every one of my classes a semester. Not only did I know about the exams but I also didn't no how vital they were to pass and how much they would affect my grade. I would also tell myself to get ready for the best time of my life. I love college and everything that comes with it. I always have a lot of homework and studying to do and sometimes I just want to give up because I get so stressed out. Then a good grade on an exam comes along and makes all the stress worth it. College is so different from high school because this is what truly makes the rest of your life and thats how I see every exam and class I take. Passing a class, to me is just one step closer to the future I have planned for myself as a pharmacist.

The worst thing about my school is that I live and hour away from campus. I have to drive there everytime I go because I cannot afford to live on campus.

I honestly can't pick just one thing. My classes are very interesting, my teachers are nice and very helpful, and the other students are very friendly. Since I am a biology major I sit through many lectures in a day and none of them are boring ever! I love that my professors have office hours so they can help me one on one. Also you meet friends within your major easily because you all take many of the same courses. All these things contribute to me succeeding at NKU greatly.

Really friendly and love to hang out with you . And if your going through something in your life they will help you through it no matter what.

I would have taught myself how to study more than what i did in college. I did take a class that taught me how to study efficiently but i wish i would have known that classes would be hard

what i brag most about nku is how friendly everyone is on campus including the teachers and students as well. they talk to you the a really friendly the help you when you need help. if you need someone through college you got someone somewhere on campus.

They are generally hard-workers who have a lot going on in their lives apart from school.

Dear High School Self- I know it seems like your social anxiety will eat you alive right now, and you can't imagine starting something as extreme as college. But I just want you to know that college is right for you. Being able to pick your classes (and even sometimes your professors), you will feel less stressed and more excited about going to school. Just remember that knowing you have anxiety and doing what you can to combat that now really IS going to help. You'll give speeches (in front of a class, I know! Shocking!) and you'll talk to professors and fellow classmates with much more ease. It's hard to imagine now, but the time will come when it won't seem so hard to be a student. College isn't always easy but it's a new experience with a wider variety of people. You'll find your nice soon enough. Try worrying a little less, and having a bit more fun. Best of luck, Your Older (and I Hope Wiser) Self

The worst thing about my school, for me, is the inability to form a great schedule sometimes.

Suzanne

At NKU I was well prepared for my professional studies, the professors really take an interest in your education and encourage you to get involved in science at a hands on level.

If I could talk to myself as a highschool senior I would tell myself to take advantage of every opportunity, because you never know what doors it can open. I would tell myself that its ok to fail and that the only real failure is not trying at all. Getting involved in extracurriculars and getting to know people is important and fun, but there you still have to be disciplined and know when you should be focusing on your schoolwork. Pursue your interests, don't give up hobbies or activities just because its not a college related event. Finally, I would tell my younger self not to sweat the small stuff, as you embarck on this new and exciting journey.

I wish I had known that ther is not much of a pre-veterinary program at NKU, but I still would have attended the university.

Ellen

NKU a commuter school with great facillities and professers.

NKU a commuter school with great facillities and professers.

NKU students are very friendley and involved in campus life.

Don't treat college like high school. Just because you can be more independent doesn't mean you should skip class because you think it's okay. Attending class is a very importent factor for freshman, it counts toward your grade. Eat breakfast, wake up at a resonable time, and get to class early.

Abigail

Job placement, athletics, and fine arts.

I would advise myself to do my best in all my classes. Make sure I don't fall behind. Work harder on getting scholorships. Make good carrer choices. Remember to take time for yourself and don't work yourself into the gournd.

Amber

Most of my classmates really do not talk to me unless we are doing group work.

Most of my classmates really do not talk to me unless we are doing group work.

If I could go back to high school, the advice I would give myself is to get involved. It is very hard for me to get involved in college because I am not comfortable and open two trying new things.

No having an underground tunnel because in the winter time it is very windy here.

Northern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.