Highland Heights, KY
Northern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Kentucky University

Carissa

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to do what my heart tells me. It's so hard not to buckle under pressure of your peers, school load, parents but do what I think is right for ME. I would tell myself to go for it. Try everything at least once. How will you know you like/don't like it if you don't try it? Meet as many people as you can. Put yourself out there and embrace who you are and who you have become. Lastly, I would tell myself to love who you are.

I wish I would have known all the new things I was going to experience.

I love working on campus. It's fun to meet everyone and meet a lot of new people.

I believe that starting your education at a community college to start off, isn't a bad idea it's actually good. It's good for the following three reasons: save money, get your general studies classes all done, and it also gives you time to think about what you want to major in, if you're undecided. Colleges and Universities aren't cheap, so I believe by attending to a community college first it will help you save a lot of money. Before entering college, students aren't really sure in what they want to major in, so the best advice is to go to a community college and take general classes and by experiencing different classes you will figure out where do you find your best interest in. You will decide then if you want to continue your education in that field; so you take all your basics at a community college and then transfer out to a university and continue your career. So at the end you have made accomplishments, which are, saved two years of money, found your career, and you received a Bachelor's Degree in your field.

James

For a very long time I knew I was going to work in the medical field. At the early age of 10. At that point i didn’t know what position I was going to pursue in the medical field. Some want to pursue working as a doctor or surgeon, I wanted to be a Regisetered nurse. Or a technician, well the technician I pursued or over 23 years now. And I love every minute of it.. and I take a lot of pride in my work.

If I could go back in time and tell myself about college what would I say? Well to start off I would say that it's not as hard as everybody says. It's a lot more freedom then when your living at home; which is nice:) Even though it's not as much homework it's for sure a lot more studying. You need to be prepared to meet a lot more new people. So being open minded to everybody helps you make the friends you need:) In conclusion I would tell myself not to worry I can do it!

To be honest there isn't anything wrong with Northern Kentucky University; my school:) I love it here! The staff is awesome, respectful, and helpful. My fellow classmates are all friendly and are there when you need them. I feel at home here and woulndn't change it for the world!

One thing that would have been nice is to have been able to stay at least a week in the housing your staying at during the school year to see if you like it or not. Even if you didn't like it could you live with it? That would have made a big difference.

I would tell myself that its not that hard, that I can do whatever I put my mind to. College is a great chapter in your life, and I will succeed to my fullest and make my dreams come true.

The best thing about NKU is the one-on-one feel you get with being in small classes, with the faculty and staff. Its comforting to know that they care about your education and want to help you through your schooling.

Persons that should attend this school need to have the desire to succeed for a degree and the time for their education.

Andrew

Knowing what I know now, I would definitely have approached transitioning to college differently. Quite frankly, I did not take the process as seriously as I needed to. I ended up missing dates for certain things and so I missed out on important opportunities to gain the financial need that I need. I am in a tough situation. My parents make enough to where we are many times over what is considered in need of federal or state aid. My parents are also not in a position to where they could easily take care of the costs associated with tution and other things. Therefore this huge gap exists that must be filled with loans, scholarships, grants, and anything else I can find to help me. The situation I face now is the same one I faced as a High School Senior. In short, I would have told myself to shape up and concentrate on the future.

Abigail

The majority of my classmates are hardworking and dedicated, but then there are some that get lost in the college experience and do not know how to balance the work load. I believe I have become very good and organzing my time and getting my work done in an orderly fashion. Most of my classmates are just like me and we all support each other within our academics.

Northern Kentucky University is just big enough to feel like a real college, but still small enough to feel like home. I believe my education here is truly being developed and I am confident that I will receieve a well- paying job because of my time here at NKU.

If I were able to go back in time, I would tell myself to not stress out about where I am going to go because I will end up where I'm meant to be. I would also tell myself to go to class everyday, no matter how bad I do not want to that day and to spend at least three hours a day in the library. I believe I am truly meant to be here and this is where i will succeed and be the best I can be.

I would tell myself to prepare for alot of studying. When I was a senior in high school I had no idea that I would take at least three exams in every one of my classes a semester. Not only did I know about the exams but I also didn't no how vital they were to pass and how much they would affect my grade. I would also tell myself to get ready for the best time of my life. I love college and everything that comes with it. I always have a lot of homework and studying to do and sometimes I just want to give up because I get so stressed out. Then a good grade on an exam comes along and makes all the stress worth it. College is so different from high school because this is what truly makes the rest of your life and thats how I see every exam and class I take. Passing a class, to me is just one step closer to the future I have planned for myself as a pharmacist.

The worst thing about my school is that I live and hour away from campus. I have to drive there everytime I go because I cannot afford to live on campus.

I honestly can't pick just one thing. My classes are very interesting, my teachers are nice and very helpful, and the other students are very friendly. Since I am a biology major I sit through many lectures in a day and none of them are boring ever! I love that my professors have office hours so they can help me one on one. Also you meet friends within your major easily because you all take many of the same courses. All these things contribute to me succeeding at NKU greatly.

Really friendly and love to hang out with you . And if your going through something in your life they will help you through it no matter what.

I would have taught myself how to study more than what i did in college. I did take a class that taught me how to study efficiently but i wish i would have known that classes would be hard

what i brag most about nku is how friendly everyone is on campus including the teachers and students as well. they talk to you the a really friendly the help you when you need help. if you need someone through college you got someone somewhere on campus.

They are generally hard-workers who have a lot going on in their lives apart from school.

Dear High School Self- I know it seems like your social anxiety will eat you alive right now, and you can't imagine starting something as extreme as college. But I just want you to know that college is right for you. Being able to pick your classes (and even sometimes your professors), you will feel less stressed and more excited about going to school. Just remember that knowing you have anxiety and doing what you can to combat that now really IS going to help. You'll give speeches (in front of a class, I know! Shocking!) and you'll talk to professors and fellow classmates with much more ease. It's hard to imagine now, but the time will come when it won't seem so hard to be a student. College isn't always easy but it's a new experience with a wider variety of people. You'll find your nice soon enough. Try worrying a little less, and having a bit more fun. Best of luck, Your Older (and I Hope Wiser) Self

The worst thing about my school, for me, is the inability to form a great schedule sometimes.

Northern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.