Highland Heights, KY
Northern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Kentucky University

Laura

The words diverse and sociable, describes them all.

The words diverse and sociable, describes them all.

To take every opportunity given to you because you never know what will come of it and it never hurt to try. There are so many advatages of getting as involved as you can and joining organizations that have your interest. I have gotten really involved on campus and enjoyed every bit of it and it has provided me with the best experiences of my life.

I dont think there is any one person who shouldnt attend Northern Kentucky University. My school offers so much for all different kinds of people, and if its not avaliable the student body is given the chance to start its own organizations. No matter who you are and what you are interested in, it is avliable here.

Valerie

My classmates almost all seem to truly want to learn and be in school, not just doing so to 'make their parents proud.'

I would tell myself to take it the exact same way. I am very happy with the college I chose and so far my Accounting major choice as well. I feel I adapted well and quickly to the changes of college.

The worst thing about my school to me, has nothing to do with anything the school could fix. In the winter the buildings just seem to tunnel the wind through. Not normally a problem except the skin near my eyes is sensitive, so it ends up turning red, drying out, and hurting often. This is what I consider the worst thing, and my university cannot change the weather.

Tiffany

My classmates are friendly.

My classmates are friendly.

If I could go back I would tell myself to learn how to study because college is hard and in order to do well you need to study. I would also tell myself to look for scholarships, grants, and a job because college is exspensive.

Someone who is not motivated and who is lazy.

Lindsey

I think the best thing I have learned at college so far is responsibility. I'm only a freshman in my second semester, but I already understand how important responsibility is. I'm not living at home so I don't have anyone telling me what to do or how to balance my time. I've learned that I am responsible for ME and I am my own boss. Its up to me to be successful in college. I've also enjoyed being on my own too. I like the independence that I have now, but I know that you cannot have true independence without responsibility.

I wish I would have known how windy the campus is. It sounds funny, but tI truly believe that NKU is the windiest place on earth. On a serious note, I wish I would have known that it is basically a commuter college. At first, it was hard to make friends because everyone lived at home and commuted to school. I live in the dorms, so it was hard to meet people that actually lived on campus. However, I do have friends both on and off campus, it just took a while to find them!

The best thing about NKU is the professors and the class sizes. As a nursing major, I take a lot of science classes which are really difficult. I have never had a class bigger than 100 students and the professors are ALWAYS willing to help. You really aren't just another student to them, they really want you to succeed and do well in their course. I feel completely comfortable asking questions and going to them for help because I know that they truly want to see me succeed.

Kellie

I have had the opportunity to direct my own education, choosing classes that have interested me. I have made good friends and been introduced to opportunites that will be beneficial to me later in life as well as opportunites I want to pursue. I plan to be an educator so I am happy that I have the chance to attend somewhere that is new and offers new learning expereinces to carry into my career field. I am also grateful to be near a major city with brings great internships and cultural opportunities.

Someone looking for a large classroom environment or someone wanting on-campus to be very social on weekends unless involoved in campus activities.

Small classroom, very personal feel, great cost, small secluded campus and close to a major city.

Matthias

I believe that NKU is a great school, but I think they need to care more about their students and the ones who want to be the...

I believe that NKU is a great school, but I think they need to care more about their students and the ones who want to be there.

NKU is best known for baseball.

I can handle anything that others can’t. I want to make my SKILL a profession that everyone else think is very hard to do. I know I can do the hardest thing in finance and achieve above a 3.0 GPA. I want to make a ton of money when school is all said and done. The things I want in life require a budget that going to school for a long time and doing well, it will all pay off one day when I get my doctorate. I will do anything in my power to not have to drop out of school because I can’t afford it. That’s far from my option. That’s unsuccessful. I am DETERMINED to do this and I doubt anything will stop me. I will find ways to pay for school even if I have to eliminate my fun and work. My college education is MY LIFE and that’s what makes me happy. In ten years from now, I would like to look back at today and laugh about how I struggled and prove how hard work pays off when you give it your all for a long time.

Pamela

I am just going back after a three year break so I am still getting to know my new school. I like it, though. Everyone is really nice.

Kristina

I have gotten a lot out of attending college. Learning more about that I want to major in. Sociology is the best thing for a Social Worker because you learn how groups work, but also physiology is also a main thing because you learn how individuals work. The main thing is that when you attend college your looking for a better life in the future with a career you love. Also, to better better yourself in achieving a major goal to graduate and have a job that you will enjoy doing for the rest of your love.

Jesse

I have received a better understanding of the world and it has enlightened me in all aspects of life. Prior to college, different subjects seemed isolated from one another, almost as if different colors did not transition from one another on the spectrum. These different subjects that I once thought were wildly different began to bleed together in a way that I believed few could see. Unlike many aspects in life, college is there for one to grow intellectually. My mind was thirsty for knowledge after being bored throughout highschool and I was able to quench that thirst. The college experience has taught me responsibility, independence, and most importantly, motivation. I have never been so motivated to learn more than what I have felt during college and I cannot imagine my life without such drive. Most people decided to stop growing and to settle, I have chosen to expand at a substantial rate.

Northern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.