Highland Heights, KY
Northern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Kentucky University

Mahogany

If I could go back and know what I know now, I would tell myself to really apply myself in high school because it really pays off. I would also start applying for scholarships early on in the school year so I would be offered more money. Financial aid doesnt always work out how we want it to. I'm barley being covered by financial aid. Every semester I have to go and request more money from the government to cover my tuition and housing fees.

People who want to be on a fast moving campus shouldnt attend this school. And if they are wanting to go to a large college they also shouldnt attend this school because the classes are small.

The worst thing about my school is the financial assistance office. They are very unorganized and you have to go in there on a regular basis to see if your financial aid is covered.

Kelley

First, Never forget why you are attending college in the first place. The ultimate goal is to get your diploma and find the career you have been dreaming about. Second, always stay connected to your family and close friends. It is always good to have someone, or a group of people, in your corner cheering you on. Third, don?t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. You will learn so much about yourself you never knew. It also helps you learn about different cultures, ethnicities, and lifestyles that can open your eyes to new ideas and new ways of thinking. Fourth, learn how to balance school and fun very quickly. School work should always come first. And lastly, don?t give into peer pressure. Stand up for your morals and personal values, while also being opened minded to other peoples personal believes. It is hard being on your own for the first time. Having to make decisions for yourself without the guidance of a parent, or a counselor can be very difficult to manage. But if you stay focused and look at the big picture, you will succeed and possibly go above and beyond your wildest dreams.

Not many students stay on campus during the weekend so there are not many programs or activities going on.

The best thing about NKU is that everyone has the same common goal, which is to succeed and be great in the field they have choosen. I also like that the campus is continuing to grow and expand.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school I would tell myself to never put things off. I remember in school I would make a list of everything I needed to do. I would always get it all taken care of , but sometimes I would wait a couple of weeks to do so. College is so different then high school because you have no one to remind you of an assignment due or a quiz to study for. My theory for college is to Do it Now or Never, and that is the exact advice I would give to myself if I could go back in time. In college, if you don't do whatever it is right away then by the time you do, it's either to late or you have something else due that is more important.

When I talk about my school, I brag about being so close to home. I only live about 15-20 miles away from my school which is great for now!

Before I came to this school I wish I would have known that the NKU Grant County Center only offers your first 2 years of classes.

Julie

My classmates are very diverse and have different prespectives on absolutely everything.

If i could go back in time and talk to my self as a High School Senior about college life, i would make sure I continued to improve my study habbits and to not worry so much about what others think about me. First starting out my Freshman year i struggled with studying and did really bad my first two semesters. I now have to work ten times harder to bring my GPA up and wish i could have started with better study habbits. I would tell myself to not worry about what others thought of me because once you get to college, none of that matters. I have met and become great friends with so many different and new people and now i really enjoy meeting new people.

The person that should attend Northern Kentucky University is someone who who needs smaller classes and one on one time with professors. All the professors i have had have made it clear that we can come to them about everything.

Thom

The cost of tuition is very reasonable.

The cost of tuition is very reasonable.

Thom, right now is not the time for you to go to school. You are not ready, nor are you mature enough to dedicate yourself to your studies. Go out and live a little you will be ready soon. But life is not worth doing what others think you should. You need to live for you, and if that means waiting a few years before you start college then you will be a better person and a more dedicated student when you do chose to atend. And Chele's not the one for you.

The best thing about my school is that the professors are accessible.

Chien

College is where I would find myself. Through the classes I would learn what I like and dislike. I wouldn't say much to myself because then I wouldn't have the experience. I would say enjoy senior because you won't get it back and have fun.

Northern Kentucky University is a school where anybody should try to attend. The people at this school are friendly and helpful. People should come to this school to find out what they want to do in their life and see what the school have to offer.

I wish I had known about the scholarship because it would be very helpful to me and my family right now. I am working as a nail technician right now. Working full time and having to worry about school is difficult. Another thing I wish I had known is buying books online because campus books are expensive.

What makes Northern Kentucky University unique is the fact that I can recieve the university experience with the price of some community colleges. Although there were still loans that I was forced to take out having thi low tuition made me taking out a loan much more bareable due to the fact that it wasn't as much as I would have been paying if I would have attended another college.

If I could go back in time there would be two things that I would tell myself which would be to push myself and to focus. While in high school I did my work basically just to get by, get grades good enough that I was at least able to get accepted into a university. I was more focused on attending all of the parties and clubs that I wasn?t even old enough to get into rather than focusing on what was really more important which was not only receiving and education but actually taking in and absorbing the education that I was receiving. If I could just push myself as I do now while in college there would have definitely been a bigger chance that I would have received a scholarship. While in high school my GPA was extremely lower than my full capability and with receiving a 3.231 during my first semester at Northern Kentucky University I know that if I would have focused more and pushed myself to my full potential I would have did as well in high school as I am doing now and plan to keep on doing throughout my entire life.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is very interested in theater. NKU has one of the top theater programs in the state of Kentucky. Although I am not a theatre major myself there were many productions that were put on by Northern Kentucky that were extremely good.

College is not as hard as everyone makes it out to be. All you have to do is come to class and turn your work in on time. I would reccomend high school students take as many AP and honors classes, to be more prepared, because it does help.

Someone who doesn't like cold weather, or is bothered by a lot a concrete.

The art building is really up-to-date.

Danielle

If I could go back in time to speak to my high school senior self, I would be very honest about what I had to reveal. I would tell myself to be more prepared upon entering college, and not to worry about loosing my high school friends; they are going to be around longer than I think! I would tell myself to not be nervous, because it's not going to be that bad. I would reassure myself that I do have to confidence to do this, and that support is everywhere. I would admit to myself that I should probably not order pizza 4 times a week. I would explain that my worst fear, is also every other college students worst fear as well; it is going to be the foundation of many friendships to come. Finally, I would tell myself to just relax; college is going to go by quickly, so enjoy it while you can!

I feel like NKU is very open to all students. There is no discrimination, even when it comes to social ability. If you are shy, NKU will open you up! Northern Kentucky makes it very easy to adjust to college life, and all students should at least check it out. There are no types of students here, just northerners!

The most frustrating thing about NKU is the dining menu available. When living on campus, students are required to have a meal plan since most of the university housing doesn't have kitchens. There are not a lot of options when it comes to eating organic or vegetarian. Vegan is very difficult to come by, and the only alternative is cheese pizza and french fries. The student Government organization on campus as well as Chartwells, the manufacturer's of the food at school; have taken this into consideration and are planning to accomodate to those students who eat differently.

Classmates are hard working, career seeking individuals who have goals for succeeding.

If I were to go back in time as a high school senior, knowing what I know now, I would definitely make a bigger effort to study hard and get better grades. I would ask for tutoring or help from teachers in classes I had difficulties. I would also be more involved in groups and community based organizations. My first year of college would have been much easier if I had made my senior year of high school more of a priority and I would have been further along by now in gaining a successful career.

Person's who shouldn't attend are those that have not desire to succeed.

Northern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.