Highland Heights, KY
Northern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Kentucky University

Katelyn

Hey! Don?t be afraid the first week of college it gets better as the semester goes on. You might also want to commute or get a dorm with your own room or an individual dorm room, otherwise your first week of college you will move twice and then move back home. You didn?t have such good roommates. Remember confidence is the key to success. Students try to make you think you won?t make it into the nursing program, but they are wrong all you need is confidence and determination. You will always want to study no matter what. It will be such a relief and rewarding at the end of the semester. Always follow your beliefs and values. Lastly get involved and join a sorority don?t wait for the following year.

Any student who likes not a small school but not a large school. Someone who likes a close-knit environment. A student who is interested in a small classroom environment. A student you likes being able to meet with the professor outside of class. The person can be shy or outgoing and love the campus and the experience of it. A person who doesn't mind a quiet campus on the weekends since it?s a primary commuter college.

About how small my classes are. How we have really good food and variety of food. The professors have to have office hours to help students. There are no teacher assistances. The school has one of the best nursing programs in Greater Cincinnati area. There is always somewhere to go and do. That my school isn?t in the city but not in the middle of nowhere either.

Devon

My school is unique because it is a campus that cares for it's students and faculty alike. Most classes are small which gives time for the professors to actually get to establish a relationship with students. Unlike many large big name universities, the proffessors here actually care about each student and do all that they can to help. The people here are friendly and NKU simply seems to be overall a closeknit communtiy.

If I could go back in time and talk to my senior self I would tell myself not to worry. New people are easy to meet. It's not difficult to navigate around campus, you only get lost a couple of times in the beginning. Ten minutes between classes is plently enough time, as long as your teacher lets you out on time. Do your homework, especially the mountains of reading assignments given each day, I know it's hard and boring, but it'll benefit you in the end. Do not procrastinate. Study! Study! Study! Living on campus isn't so bad; it's actually nice if you get along with your room mate. You have to look out for yourself, you have freedom now, but you also have so many responsibilities. It's okay to now know what you want to do; don't let it stress you out. Being undeclared gives you the freedom to explore many interesting classes, some that you never thought you would take, but they end up being your favorites. Spend your money wisely; college is expensive. Apply for as many scholarhips as you can. Don't forget to have fun.

The best thing about my school is the fact that the professors here actually care. If you have a problem they themselves will try to help you, or will point you in the direction of someone else who can help. I was nervous about college because I thought that, not knowing anyone, if I had a problem, that no one would help me. I quickly learned that that was not the case. I think that in a larger school it would be much more difficult to get help right when you need it most.

The most unique thing about my school compared to other schools is the small classroom sizes and that the teachers here really care about their students and their success in the classroom. As well as the cost of tution here. The tution is less than many of the other colleges I was looking at attending.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice about college life and making the transition from high school and college the one thing I will tell myself is that I should take more time out to study now and get used to the hard work. I really haven't been the type to sit myself down and do a lot of reading and studying, now that I am in college I must do a lot of it and I now find myself struggling to stay focused when studying because I am not really used to it. I believe if I had the chance to go back in time and tell myself to get in the habit of studying more then I most likely wouldn't be having a hard time focusing on studying.

The worst thing about my school will be the cafeteria food. They seem to have the same thing in the cafeteria everyday.

Cassie

Friendly in class but don't see them outside the classroom.

Friendly in class but don't see them outside the classroom.

I'd tell myself to take general education courses in high school through dual-credit or AP courses, or at the very least to atend a community college for the first couple of years to get those courses out of the way at a much cheaper price. Take that time to decide what career you want, and then you'll be ready to decide on a major when you go to a bigger school without taking classes early on that won't be helpful if you decide to change majors.

Nothing to brag about, it's pretty boring when you're a commuter.

Make sure you apply for scholarships and do it early, also be sure you have the financial backing to go "away" to school if that is what you want to do.

If you are looking for alot of on campus activities and don't know anyone this isn't a good school for you.

I am very proud to be attending NKU's Nursing Program, it is a really good school and they just recieved the status of being a college instead if a school within NKU.

Ariel

Knowing what i know now about college, if i could go back and talk to myself as a highschool senior, I would tell myself a lot of advice about college life and what is best for my transition. Some advice i would give myself would be to be more open with my roommate insteadof pushing them away. I would also tell myself not to be so nervous about the classes and just work very hard. I would push myself to be more diligent looking for scholarships so that i wouldn't be putting such a big whole in my parents wallet right now. I would make it very clear that college is not everything I thought it would be but not in a negative way. Instead, college is more than i thought it would be. I thought all I would be doing is studying all the time and never have time for anything else. Now I know that there are ways to balance fun and college and still be successful.

When I tell my friends about Northern Kentucky University, I brag about the amazing class sizes and professors. At this school I have not once felt intimidated by the class size because they are fairly small and I feel that my professors get to know who I am instead of my student number. The Professors are always willing to help and it's very easy to be a successful student. When it comes to academics Northern Kentucky University is the Best!

Mahogany

If I could go back and know what I know now, I would tell myself to really apply myself in high school because it really pays off. I would also start applying for scholarships early on in the school year so I would be offered more money. Financial aid doesnt always work out how we want it to. I'm barley being covered by financial aid. Every semester I have to go and request more money from the government to cover my tuition and housing fees.

People who want to be on a fast moving campus shouldnt attend this school. And if they are wanting to go to a large college they also shouldnt attend this school because the classes are small.

The worst thing about my school is the financial assistance office. They are very unorganized and you have to go in there on a regular basis to see if your financial aid is covered.

Kelley

First, Never forget why you are attending college in the first place. The ultimate goal is to get your diploma and find the career you have been dreaming about. Second, always stay connected to your family and close friends. It is always good to have someone, or a group of people, in your corner cheering you on. Third, don?t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. You will learn so much about yourself you never knew. It also helps you learn about different cultures, ethnicities, and lifestyles that can open your eyes to new ideas and new ways of thinking. Fourth, learn how to balance school and fun very quickly. School work should always come first. And lastly, don?t give into peer pressure. Stand up for your morals and personal values, while also being opened minded to other peoples personal believes. It is hard being on your own for the first time. Having to make decisions for yourself without the guidance of a parent, or a counselor can be very difficult to manage. But if you stay focused and look at the big picture, you will succeed and possibly go above and beyond your wildest dreams.

Not many students stay on campus during the weekend so there are not many programs or activities going on.

The best thing about NKU is that everyone has the same common goal, which is to succeed and be great in the field they have choosen. I also like that the campus is continuing to grow and expand.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school I would tell myself to never put things off. I remember in school I would make a list of everything I needed to do. I would always get it all taken care of , but sometimes I would wait a couple of weeks to do so. College is so different then high school because you have no one to remind you of an assignment due or a quiz to study for. My theory for college is to Do it Now or Never, and that is the exact advice I would give to myself if I could go back in time. In college, if you don't do whatever it is right away then by the time you do, it's either to late or you have something else due that is more important.

When I talk about my school, I brag about being so close to home. I only live about 15-20 miles away from my school which is great for now!

Before I came to this school I wish I would have known that the NKU Grant County Center only offers your first 2 years of classes.

Julie

My classmates are very diverse and have different prespectives on absolutely everything.

If i could go back in time and talk to my self as a High School Senior about college life, i would make sure I continued to improve my study habbits and to not worry so much about what others think about me. First starting out my Freshman year i struggled with studying and did really bad my first two semesters. I now have to work ten times harder to bring my GPA up and wish i could have started with better study habbits. I would tell myself to not worry about what others thought of me because once you get to college, none of that matters. I have met and become great friends with so many different and new people and now i really enjoy meeting new people.

The person that should attend Northern Kentucky University is someone who who needs smaller classes and one on one time with professors. All the professors i have had have made it clear that we can come to them about everything.

Northern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.