Highland Heights, KY
Northern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Kentucky University

Classmates are hard working, career seeking individuals who have goals for succeeding.

If I were to go back in time as a high school senior, knowing what I know now, I would definitely make a bigger effort to study hard and get better grades. I would ask for tutoring or help from teachers in classes I had difficulties. I would also be more involved in groups and community based organizations. My first year of college would have been much easier if I had made my senior year of high school more of a priority and I would have been further along by now in gaining a successful career.

Person's who shouldn't attend are those that have not desire to succeed.

Tynisha

We are all very diverse.

We are all very diverse.

We are a very artistically-oriented school with the top science center in the Midwest. We are also known for our soccer and basketball teams (both men's and women's teams).

If I were to go back to my senior year and give myself advice about college, there are several tips I would share. First, I would tell myself to make friends as soon as possible when I get to campus. The best way to adjust to college life is to put yourself out there and meet new people - chances are they're feeling the same way you are about the whole situation. Second, I would also tell myself to be ready for roommates who don't exactly see the way I do- I still have to live with them regardless of my feelings toward them. A final piece of advice I would share would be to take every opportunity that presents itself to me on campus. Learn new things, enjoy the little time I have there, and get to know people who can help me succeed. I would push myself to take classes which were more suited to my interests and work as hard as possible to get good grades. These tidbits of information, among others, would be the advice I would share with my high school senior self.

Work hard, don't slack, and takes things seriously. You can't go back and fix your GPA, try your hardest, push yourself, and you'll be surprised at what you can accomplish. Never say you can't do something, because you can.

Someone looks for small classes, caring teachers, but mainly a commuter campus

Kelly

My classmates have always been respectful of other students and the professors.

My classmates have always been respectful of other students and the professors.

I don't really know, but to me I feel it's strongest area is that of being just right in every area.

The first advice I would give myself is never stop, even if you have no idea what you want to end up doing. And, I might have tried to talk myself into going away from home for college to broaden my worldly experiences even more.

Ebony

I would advise myself to not worry about what other poeple think of me. Most of these poeple you wil never see again in life and are therefore insignificant in the decisions that you make to better yourself. I would also advise myself not to take out so many student loans but instead to work and pay cash for school. Student loans are horrible on a recent graduate that does not make a lot of money. It's out right depressing. With all of this being said, keep your head up and keep striving for what you want out of life. Let no one hold you back. Speak positive statements about life.

Sondra

I would have liked to tell myself to study a little harder. If i would have studied a little harder maybe money for school would have came easier and picking schools also would have been easier. I also would have loved to tell myself to try a little harder and explain how important school really is. I think i took it as a joke and never tried to attempt to get extra money or even loans. I just blew it off. I just wished I would have taken it more seriously than I did. If i would have studied a little harder and thought about school more I would definetly be better off than i am now. I wish i really could go back, life would be easier.

I think anyone could attend Northern. It is a great school for anyone. They offer the very lowest classes, if you aren't prepared for college to the very highest classes if you wanna reach your dreams. The price is also very afforodable and that makes it very conveniant.

The worst thing about Nothern Kentucky University is the prerequisites. I do not enjoy taking literature classes to be a radiologic technologist. I think you should be able to focus more on your major. It is focused more on getting your prerequisites done than anything.

Amy

A friendly learning enviroment, where students aim to succeed and excel in their area of study.

In highschool, I did not know what I wanted to do after I graduated. I looked at my various interests, such as art, theatre and literature. As I questioned what to do with my life, I questioned what college to attend. I decided upon NKU because it advertised how well it worked with students who were 'Undecided/Undeclaired'-which is exactly what I would be entering college as. Going to NKU gave me the chance to figure out who I was and what I wanted to do. If I were asked to make this descion again, I would once again say yes. The atmosphere at Northern Kentucky University has helped me find myself through the classes I've taken, the professors I've had, and the friends I've met. I have found myself at NKU, and would not trade my found identity as a Costume Designer for anything.

I believe that the best thing about NKU would be how helpful the faculty is. If you are struggling either acemically or in yout personal life, they will do what they can to help you through.

Morgan

The perfect amount of students to feel like you have a chance to be one on one with your teachers, as well as allowing you to get to know your peers better.

Be ready for some big changes. You're going to grow up quickly and be treated more like an adult than you ever have before. You're responcible for all that is going to come your way, but don't be afraid to ask for help. Take time to figure out what you want, but do it as quickly as possible! DON'T FORGET TO SAVE MONEY, even if it seems impossible. Believe in yourself, you can do anything.

I really enjoy the professors at my school, as well as how welcoming everyone is.

Alicia

It is a community college that has evolved into a university.

It is a community college that has evolved into a university.

I would advise myself to apply to more colleges. I shouldn't have felt restricted based on finances.

The tuition continues to increase, yet I am not benefiting from any of the changes that occur.

Northern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.