Highland Heights, KY
Northern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Kentucky University

Thom

The cost of tuition is very reasonable.

The cost of tuition is very reasonable.

Thom, right now is not the time for you to go to school. You are not ready, nor are you mature enough to dedicate yourself to your studies. Go out and live a little you will be ready soon. But life is not worth doing what others think you should. You need to live for you, and if that means waiting a few years before you start college then you will be a better person and a more dedicated student when you do chose to atend. And Chele's not the one for you.

The best thing about my school is that the professors are accessible.

Chien

College is where I would find myself. Through the classes I would learn what I like and dislike. I wouldn't say much to myself because then I wouldn't have the experience. I would say enjoy senior because you won't get it back and have fun.

Northern Kentucky University is a school where anybody should try to attend. The people at this school are friendly and helpful. People should come to this school to find out what they want to do in their life and see what the school have to offer.

I wish I had known about the scholarship because it would be very helpful to me and my family right now. I am working as a nail technician right now. Working full time and having to worry about school is difficult. Another thing I wish I had known is buying books online because campus books are expensive.

What makes Northern Kentucky University unique is the fact that I can recieve the university experience with the price of some community colleges. Although there were still loans that I was forced to take out having thi low tuition made me taking out a loan much more bareable due to the fact that it wasn't as much as I would have been paying if I would have attended another college.

If I could go back in time there would be two things that I would tell myself which would be to push myself and to focus. While in high school I did my work basically just to get by, get grades good enough that I was at least able to get accepted into a university. I was more focused on attending all of the parties and clubs that I wasn?t even old enough to get into rather than focusing on what was really more important which was not only receiving and education but actually taking in and absorbing the education that I was receiving. If I could just push myself as I do now while in college there would have definitely been a bigger chance that I would have received a scholarship. While in high school my GPA was extremely lower than my full capability and with receiving a 3.231 during my first semester at Northern Kentucky University I know that if I would have focused more and pushed myself to my full potential I would have did as well in high school as I am doing now and plan to keep on doing throughout my entire life.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is very interested in theater. NKU has one of the top theater programs in the state of Kentucky. Although I am not a theatre major myself there were many productions that were put on by Northern Kentucky that were extremely good.

College is not as hard as everyone makes it out to be. All you have to do is come to class and turn your work in on time. I would reccomend high school students take as many AP and honors classes, to be more prepared, because it does help.

Someone who doesn't like cold weather, or is bothered by a lot a concrete.

The art building is really up-to-date.

Danielle

If I could go back in time to speak to my high school senior self, I would be very honest about what I had to reveal. I would tell myself to be more prepared upon entering college, and not to worry about loosing my high school friends; they are going to be around longer than I think! I would tell myself to not be nervous, because it's not going to be that bad. I would reassure myself that I do have to confidence to do this, and that support is everywhere. I would admit to myself that I should probably not order pizza 4 times a week. I would explain that my worst fear, is also every other college students worst fear as well; it is going to be the foundation of many friendships to come. Finally, I would tell myself to just relax; college is going to go by quickly, so enjoy it while you can!

I feel like NKU is very open to all students. There is no discrimination, even when it comes to social ability. If you are shy, NKU will open you up! Northern Kentucky makes it very easy to adjust to college life, and all students should at least check it out. There are no types of students here, just northerners!

The most frustrating thing about NKU is the dining menu available. When living on campus, students are required to have a meal plan since most of the university housing doesn't have kitchens. There are not a lot of options when it comes to eating organic or vegetarian. Vegan is very difficult to come by, and the only alternative is cheese pizza and french fries. The student Government organization on campus as well as Chartwells, the manufacturer's of the food at school; have taken this into consideration and are planning to accomodate to those students who eat differently.

Classmates are hard working, career seeking individuals who have goals for succeeding.

If I were to go back in time as a high school senior, knowing what I know now, I would definitely make a bigger effort to study hard and get better grades. I would ask for tutoring or help from teachers in classes I had difficulties. I would also be more involved in groups and community based organizations. My first year of college would have been much easier if I had made my senior year of high school more of a priority and I would have been further along by now in gaining a successful career.

Person's who shouldn't attend are those that have not desire to succeed.

Tynisha

We are all very diverse.

We are all very diverse.

We are a very artistically-oriented school with the top science center in the Midwest. We are also known for our soccer and basketball teams (both men's and women's teams).

If I were to go back to my senior year and give myself advice about college, there are several tips I would share. First, I would tell myself to make friends as soon as possible when I get to campus. The best way to adjust to college life is to put yourself out there and meet new people - chances are they're feeling the same way you are about the whole situation. Second, I would also tell myself to be ready for roommates who don't exactly see the way I do- I still have to live with them regardless of my feelings toward them. A final piece of advice I would share would be to take every opportunity that presents itself to me on campus. Learn new things, enjoy the little time I have there, and get to know people who can help me succeed. I would push myself to take classes which were more suited to my interests and work as hard as possible to get good grades. These tidbits of information, among others, would be the advice I would share with my high school senior self.

Work hard, don't slack, and takes things seriously. You can't go back and fix your GPA, try your hardest, push yourself, and you'll be surprised at what you can accomplish. Never say you can't do something, because you can.

Someone looks for small classes, caring teachers, but mainly a commuter campus

Kelly

My classmates have always been respectful of other students and the professors.

My classmates have always been respectful of other students and the professors.

I don't really know, but to me I feel it's strongest area is that of being just right in every area.

The first advice I would give myself is never stop, even if you have no idea what you want to end up doing. And, I might have tried to talk myself into going away from home for college to broaden my worldly experiences even more.

Northern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.