Highland Heights, KY
Northern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Kentucky University

Sara

Diverse, and wishing to accomplish some of the same goals as myself.

Diverse, and wishing to accomplish some of the same goals as myself.

If I could do it all over again I would visit the campus more than once and try to attend a class or two. My first through third choices didn't fit me or my budget, and then I found NKU! Transferring is tough, time consuming, and costly so finding the right school in the beginning will save you from those things. I am now in my fifth year because I didn't find NKU untill last semester, and I wish I had found it in the beginning. So start early and research! Think about what you might want out of your college before you go and visit, then VISIT and ask questions so that your dream college fits your potential college and not the other way around!

Carolyn

Chase Law School is very well known. Art degrees seem to be well respected.

Chase Law School is very well known. Art degrees seem to be well respected.

If the student isn't going to go away for college then they need to live on or near campus. Part of growing is leaving the house. This can be a good transition for students and parents. Students need to be envolved in something besides classes. If sports are you then some kind of extra curicular activity to stay well rounded and productive.

My classmates are friendly, helpful, eager to succeed, and always there for you.

My advice for parents or future college students for making the most of their college experience is to just have fun. Parents this is your time for a break, let your student go and grow into the wonderful young woman/man that they are meant to be. College is a great time for experiencing new things and growing more independent. Students and Parents, make sure you research before applying to the school of your dreams. You need to make sure that the school has the major that you plan on doing and the classes that you need to get your degree. To the students: Make sure that your choice was made for you and for you only. Make sure that you are going to be happy when you choose the right college for you, because if you don't like it; it will just make your experience worse. Overall, just make college a fun, enjoyable, and memorable experience. Make new friends, get to know your professors, get involved with your school and keep life adventurous!! ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS!!!

I brag about my classes and the things that I am learning about in the education department. I also brag about how nice it is to be able to sit at school while Im not in class and be able to get my homework, projects, etc... done before I go home (where I know I wouldn't work on it) : ) I love the commute as well because everything is so close it seems like once you are on the expressway.

Mark

Work hard. Don't get caught up in the party scene. It's all good to have fun on the weekends but only when the work is finished. Don't skip class because the classes here at Northern Kentucky University are small enough that when you're absent they will notice. Focus on school and being successful.

If you are self motivated, but still need help every once in a while, this is the school for you! There are many tutoring opportunities and flexible schedules for working students.

Don't attend this school if you are expecting the highest of quality. There are larger college with more valuable degrees, however, this college does offer a great value for a degree.

Jamie

The best advice I can give anyone trying to pick a university is to make the decision for yourself, not for anyone else. So many people choose colleges/degrees for the wrong reasons either due to friends or family. If you make the decision for yourself you are so much more likely to be happy and succeed in your school career.

I am an international focus student, and the university has amazing opportunities for students to travel abroad. I never would have imagined myself helping children in Mexico or seeing the beautiful sites of Ireland. Also, the teachers and faculty will help you when you need it, it is a very compassionate campus in a million different ways.

Any student that has the drive/want to succeed. This school offers so many opportunities to students that you would not get at a large university. Your teachers know who you are, so they are capable of recommending future experiences to you, or writing reccomendations about you that you can be proud of. Not to mention, there is a huge network of places to work after you graduate due to its excellent reputation.

Brandon

I would tell them to look for a college that is affordable and cares about its students. Also look for a college that fits your kind of personality and prefrences and dont settle for any kind of college. It is one of the most important decisions you make and it has to be a good one.

The worst thing about this school is the social life on weekends. I am used to a very active life on the weekends so this is different for me. The positive of this is that their is more time to study for my classes.

I went to Auburn University my first semester and I hated the large classes. That's what I love about NKU is that the classes are smaller where I can get to know my professor on a better relationship. I also love the price of the school. It is still hard for me to afford this but it is better than most schools.

Luke

My school is best known for it's small, but diverse classrooms. Students who attend this University get the attention they need to help them further their education experience. This school is quiet and offers great services to it's students.

The best advice that I can give parents and students alike about choosing the right college and making the most of their college experience is to begin searching Colleges and University's early in High School. Do not wait until the last minute and be forced to choose a college because you have to meet a deadline. Make a list of all the important things you want out of a college and your college experience. Take this list with you when you take your visits to your selected college's and compare what each college has to offer. Also, be sure to have more than one major area of study in which you may want to pursue. Again, compare each college's and what they can offer you. To make the most out of your experience be sure to be active within clubs and find community service opportunities that are available in the area. Don't be confined to your dorm room, college only last a short while. Find yourself by being active and challenge yourself and you will find out a lot about who you are as a person.

The type of person who should attend this school is someone looking for a small classroom experience as well as a person looking for a smaller University and a quiet campus. It is a grwoing University and is continueing to add to its list of degrees that are being offered. This is advantagous to those students who are not sure what they want to continue their education in.

Nikki

Do research on the program you are interested in and check out the campus thoroughly. Find out how big the classes are because one on one help is sometimes needed and smaller classes can make you feel more comfortable to ask questions or participate freely. Also get involved or find away to get to know people because it makes the experience a lot easier and a lot more fun.

It is accessible and inexpensive to the people who live in the area and cannot afford to go away

How great the art program is and how close it is to home

Brian

A good business and nursing program

A good business and nursing program

Find a place that has a good teacher to student ratio, plenty of extracuricullar activities, and excels in the programs you're interested in. It's also important to find out what there is to do on and off campus so that you can determine whether or not the environment is best for you. While in college I encourage you to form study groups and meet with them on a regular basis. Make sure you join up with people who seem to understand the material and know how to communicate it to you in a way that you understand it. Study groups are also best when they consist of at least 3-4 people and no more than 5. This will help you stay on task and it will also be easier to find a time when everyone can meet.

That if you weren't from the area then you don't really fit in well.

Northern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.