Highland Heights, KY
Northern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Kentucky University

Donna

My classmates are very friendly and responsible.

My classmates are very friendly and responsible.

The student must get involved! It is their life, and their future. The college experience should not be based on how much fun you had either. I mean a student needs to look at where he/she will feel most comfortable at and can focus on their homework first.

Someone who lives on campus or at least close to it. I live off campus right now because I do not have enough have enough money to afford a place on campus. It is really hard to be in the education program and go to the schools they make you go to when you live more than an hour than each.

Greg

Be aware of classroom sizes and costs. Student to teacher ratio is very important.

I don't really have one I really enjoy NKU.

It gets windy ad really cold in the winter.

Marcus

Northern Kentucky Univeristy is best known for private education at a public school cost. Northern Kentucky University is known for it's community involvment and it's academic aspirations. This school has also gained notarity in the fact that it has attracted some well know educators.

Make sure that you align yourself with a school that has the same goals that you want to aspire to. Make sure that you visit the campus to get a real feel of what the people and campus life are like. Also, I would highly recommend sitting in on a class. That is the best way to see the teaching styles of the professors, and the small class size. The School is more than williing at any given time to acommodate those interested in applying.

This school is not for the indivudual who is reclusive. This is a social made, community driven type school. Envolvemnet is a gateway to your success her on campus. You have the opprotunity to get to know others, while still posses that which makes you an individual. The professors are active participants in your schooling and future plans, and if you don't like that hands on, go-get-them attitude this school is unfortunately not for you.

Katelane

visit a lot of different schools and asses your needs and wants. Make a decision not only on what school offers the best academic programs but which offeres the best social aspects as well. A nice balance is needed.

Someone who wants to go to a very large school

Rebecca

I would tell parents and future college students to be open minded. I would also tell them to check out options until you get a real feel for the campus and the atmosphere. Also always take expense into account, if you are strapped for cash live at home for a year or two, transferring is always an option!

the worst thing is that the school is growing so traffic and parking can be an issue!

A person whom is not disciplined adn can not take on responsibility.

Heather

I think that you must weight what is most important to you in a college. There are things you can compromise on, but you should not compromise on any of your top three requirements. If you being to settle on a college instead of staying strong, you will be completely unsatisfied.

rachel

I would tell them to apply to as many colleges you can. Then based apon the ones that the student is accepted to, narrow your choices down to the top three, that you are going to consider. Basing the decicision upon what will be the best fit for you. Please, make sure you visit the college campuses, in the process staying overnight if you can. This will help you get the feel of what it will be like during the school year, if you plan on staying on campus. Then after visiting the colleges choose the one that you the student feel you would enjoy the most, but keep in mind your parents advice as well. Then make the decision based as a family. I've found that this process works the best in finding and picking your college.

Like some colleges we do on occasion have stupid students that go out and try to drink on campus, but the security here is vey well and nku is and has a zero tollarance policy . So nku is not known for as being a party schol.

That is was more helpful for students with disabilities.

Alexandra

My school is small so people around don't really know us, so I guess you could say people who go to our school, or know people who attend NKU, know NKU as the college that is'nt to small, but you can still run into people you know all the time. As the school where the depatment you are majoring in knows who you are and the school where the students don't know what kind of person you are, we still welcome anyone.

Don't choose a school because of there accidemics or size, let your child choose it because its someplace they will feel welcome at and have the motivation to work hard.

I think a person who is just looking to attend college just to party and drink. People I know, including myself, are proud to attend NKU and are proud of our work put into our studys and team sports.

Northern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.