Northern Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Northern Kentucky University

Northern Kentucky University is known for being a relatively new college. It was founded in 1968, making it only 45 years old. Being such a new school, the amount of students is nowhere near the size of the University of Kentucky or larger state schools, which is part of the reason why the students that attend here love the school. Being a “state school”, you’re paying what other students who go to state schools pay, but you’re getting a private school education. The professor to student ratio is 14:1 with an average class size of 24 students.

The best thing that Northern Kentucky University is best known for low tuition. This school is a dream that came true. I love the fact that Northern Kentucky has low tuition, diversity, and excellent academics. I come from a family who makes less than 15,000 a year. This school gives me an opportunity to have a good quality education. I also love the diversity here. I came from a diverse high school which made the transition easy. Last, I love the fact that Northern Kentucky University has teachers who care and want you to succeed.

NKU is best known for the small class sizes and for having professors that really care about their students. The professors do not treat their students like a number, they actually make the effort to get to know their students. Also, NKU is a university that used be in the shadow of the University of Cincinnati, but NKU has grown out of that shadow. From my experience as a biology major, the research being conducted stresses the involvement of undergraduates. NKU offers a first class education without being too costly.

Northern Kentucky has become a home to me. I love my school and the students and staff that attend and work there. Through the weekly news N3 I was able to find a small group that was perfect for me and instantly made me feel right at home. There is so much opportunity at Northern Kentucky and I appreciate that as well. They also provide resources to help you better yourself through free tutoring and support. What is my school known for? To me my school is known for patience, kindness, acceptance and integrity. Norse up!

NKU is on it's way up! It is wonderful to be a part of such a growing environment such as this. You can now look for NKU vs UK, who doesn't want to see that?! Especially since NKU was formed from a source of UK. As for education, NKU is being talked about from people in the business world. I, myself, have ran into several people stating that NKU students are the ones getting the positions. Let's not forget about famous people... What girl doesn't know George Clooney? Nothing else to be said, right girls?

NKU is best known for a private school fell with a public school price, at NKU we have smaller classes which makes the feeling of being in class more comfortable. In any class if there is a question on my mind I will ask that question because only 30 people will hear my question, unlike going to a larger university over 100 people will hear my question so there is no pressure. Also NKU will help you network and get involved more that will help you to get through college.

Northern Kentucky University is best known for its small size. This could be seen by some as a weakness but I see it as a strength because of the advantages that it gives. It gives small class sizes where students can feel more of a relationship with their professors. It also offers the ability for students to befriend each other much easier than at big schools. The professors really care about their students and that's hard to find at some universities.

NKU is best known for their perfectly sized campus within the city. It's big enough to get away, but small/close enough to go home. They are beginning to expand their science program and become more acredited, which is awesome. Northern Kentucky is also known for the high involvement on and off campus. There is a club/group for anyone at this campus, including but not limited to, SGA, APB, Greek Life, Clubs for particular majors, and much much more.

Northern Kentucky University is best known for the small class sizes and the close relationships that are made with the professors. The small class room sizes is well known at NKU because there are only a few classes that have over 100 students in a classroom at one time. In my experience at NKU I have only had 3 or so classes that were more than 100 people and those were the popular courses that my school offers (Chemisty and Anatomy I & II).

My school is best known for being open minded and up-to-date. At NKU, it's not uncommon to meet people with completely different majors, or interests, than yours and become the best of friends. At NKU we strive to be understanding - especially to the LGBT community. Here, at NKU, we are college students, freshman to those who have already completed a bachelor's, who unite as one to clearly represent our lovely university.