Northern Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Northern Kentucky University

The unique quality that drew me into Northern Kentucky University was the friendly atomosphere. Everyone that I encountered at NKU were very friendly and helpful. It was clear that the students and staff were all passionate about being apart of the NKU community. Once completing my first semester at NKU, I felt the same. I feel that a lot of students at NKU strive to be leaders on campus through all of the different campus organizations. One of the best things about student organizations at NKU is that everyone supports other organizations and proves that NKU has a strong community.

A lot of people say that Northern Kentucky University is just a "concrete jungle," or a "prison" with all of its concrete buildings. But personally, I believe that the campus has a lot of character with these unique buildings and its beautiful landscape. With its not-too-big size, NKU makes me feel comfortable and not overwhelmed. Now, it is one thing for a school to 'look' friendly. It also takes a remarkable board of faculty members to make a university outstanding. NKU provides this easily with its incredible professors and advisors, making college a great experience for me!

Most schools seem stressed, like everyone is in a hurry. NKU is relaxed, everyone is friendly to eachother. Also, the teachers are very involved with their students. I always hear from my friends at other colleges, how their professors don't care and just watch as students fail their classes. Every professor I have had always addresses me and other students when they notice a problem. I didn't know there were online assignments in my chemistry class , my professor quickly noticed and informed me. He even granted me an extension so i could finish the missed assignments as well.

Northern Kentucky University's professors care more about thier students success than their research. The class sizes are small and professors are excited to teach students. Even the most boring of subjects are made interesting by NKU professors. The staff goes out of their way to help each individual student with any and all problems that arise. NKU has a diverse student body with different styles, ethnic backgrounds, and unique ways of thinking. I like that in my classrooms there is conversation and students arn't afraid to speak up and participate.

Northern has the friendliest staff I have ever experienced. Before I actually started attending the school, I figured that all the advisors, faculty, etc. were just being nice because they wanted me to enroll at Northern. However after I ended up enrolling, I couldn't believe how incredibly genuine everyone was. I had talked to three separate academic advisors who were all really interested in my life, my classes, my major. It didn't stop there, either. The financial aid department was great as well. I found that everyone here was that sincere.

Northern Kentucky University is unique because it has a new informatics building that is really cool to have classes in. It has awesome lights and neat new technology. Also, the student union was voted neatest building in Kentucky. This is a cool acomplishment! I love being a part of a community that cares about the students! I feel like I belong in this school which is unique because most students do not like college. I think it is fun and love to get involved on campus. They provide many opportunites for everyone and anyone to get out and help!

Northern Kentucky University is a very friendly campus. The staff and student body are always interacting and creating wonderful relationships. The help offered with academic struggle is really impressive. Most of the classes are small, which gives a lot of room for one-on-one with the professors and leaves a lot of space to ask questions. It makes the material much easier to understand. There is also a wide variety of clubs and organizations around campus to help build a passionate, involved student body.It's truly a great environment.

Although I only applied to a few other schools before choosing NKU, one thing that I feel NKU offered that other schools did not was the desire to truly help students succeed in all areas. When I got accepted to NKU, I immediately began to recieve welcome letters and invitations to different events designed to help incoming freshman get involved and give them a jump start to being successful in their classes. This is extremely beneficial to students who are not sure how to find their place and survive in a school as large as this.

There are a plethora of qualities about NKU that sold me. Not only is NKU close to my home, they also have an average class size of 24 and a gamut of other qualities to offer. When learning, I prefer to have close-knit relationships with my instructors and my peers. At most universities, the classes are large which is not a suitable learning environment for me. All in all, what I love about NKU is the fact that I can learn with a small group of people, thus, getting the most out of my college experience.

Personally I like how the class setting is very intimate, and small in size. In a normal there are no more than 30 people in a class and in a lecture hall there is less than 100 students in the class. To me this is very helpful because it allows you to build a repoor with your professor so they could get to know how I am as a student. I also enjoy the fact that there is free tutoring on campus at Northern Kentucky because most schools don't allow free tutoring for certain class.