Northern Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Northern Kentucky University

When telling my friends from other universities about Northern Kentucky University, I mention the myriad internship and co-op opportunities the university offers. I also mention how invested the professors are in their students' general wellbeing as well as their current and future success. Professors are excited to provide students with opportuinities that will help them get accepted into graduate schools, too. The overall student, faculty, and staff community at NKU is genuinely supportive and pro-active. The university takes many measures to ensure a solid education, regardless of the major, to every student.

When I tell my friends about my school, I always find myself bragging about the proffessors and the Hoonors program. Theprofessors are all welcoming and willing to go out of their way to assist their students whenever possible. My honors proffessors have been my saving grace and grounding force as I adjust to the new world that is college. Everyone judges Northern Kentucky University because it is the university in our back yard, butit is actually a great school and I am entirely confident in my decision to attend. There is no other university that I could call home.

Attending Northern Kentucky University is the best decision that I've ever made, because of the faculty, majors offered, fellow students, clubs and organizations, and the location. We have an outstanding ratio of students to faculty, so getting extra help in class is always easy. We have so many majors and minors that it makes choosing just one, a difficult task. It is our clubs and organizations that allow me to brag the most, because I'm so proud to be apart of a community where there is always a way to get involved in class and outside of it.

When people ask me about NKU, the thing that I brag about most would definitely be the professors. At a college level I feel as though it may be hard to come across a professor who genuinely loves teaching. At NKU it is the exact opposite. In my short time spent here, I have yet to meet a professor who was not passionate about the school and the learning of their students. Having passionate teachers gives students of NKU an opportunity to not simply earn their degree, but truly learn and make the most out of their college experience.

When I brag about my freinds at school, I say for the most part that they are freindly, and very helpful. The upperclassmen are very helpful to the lowerclassmen when there are questions, it doesn't matter whether the questions have to do with in the classroom or your way around campus. The best part is that they see the willingness to help from the staff. Some of the professors are not willing to help our very mech or seem to care about the student. But most of the rest of the staff seems to really care.

I tell my friend about how convenient NKU is to everything. It is just 5 miles away from downtown Cincinnati, has many restaurants nearby, and a lot of places to go during the weekends for entertainment. Aside from it's great location, it is one of the least expensive universities I've looked into. Usually you would think cheaper would make it not as good as the more expensive, but NKU doesn't compromise its quality. It's a private school education at a public school price.

When I brag about my school, I tell people that I am receiving an amazing education at half the cost. I get to work with professors who are involved in their own research and create research projects myself. I have small classes where every teacher knows my name. I have always felt comfortable going to a teacher for academic help. NKU has many resources for all types of students. I go to school with a very diverse population. If I had the choice, I would attend NKU again.

The opportunities that my school has given me so far have allowed me to do so many things for myself, such as just attending college. There are so many different programs and courses that they offer here that, I believe that this is truly a great school for anyone. This school shows care for all kinds of diverse students, anywhere from traditional students, to transfer students, or to exchange students. It's truly a home away from home, and the opportunities are endless.

I love NKU for its diversity. It has students and faculty of different cultures and race and gender. In addition to achieving academic excellence, students also get to experience and learn different cultures. I always tell my friends about the size of our classrooms and how much time th professors make for each student. The main goal of this school is to students succeed.NKU campus is one of the cleanest i have seen and it really is a safe enviroment for young students.

When I tell future college students about Northern Kentucky, I explain that there are tons of positive people. Positivity is a key point when traveling away from home- you need to feel comfortable when going away. I also tell my friends that I am quite involved on campus, and that there are tons of ways become involved. Professors along with others are always encouraging students to do their best by getting involved and trying their absolute best.