Northern Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Northern Kentucky University

When I tell my friends about Northern Kentucky University, I brag about the amazing class sizes and professors. At this school I have not once felt intimidated by the class size because they are fairly small and I feel that my professors get to know who I am instead of my student number. The Professors are always willing to help and it's very easy to be a successful student. When it comes to academics Northern Kentucky University is the Best!

My school is amazing. It's a place where you have a voice that can be heard without even speaking. It's no too big, however not so little. Northern Kentucky has helped me out with my success through the year. Getting involved on campus and joining a fraternity has helped my bond and be a good represenative of Northern Kentucky University. You meet people from so many backgrounds and you learn more about who you are throughout the process.

I brag about my classes and the things that I am learning about in the education department. I also brag about how nice it is to be able to sit at school while Im not in class and be able to get my homework, projects, etc... done before I go home (where I know I wouldn't work on it) : ) I love the commute as well because everything is so close it seems like once you are on the expressway.

When I tell my friends about my school I brag mostly about the people. NKU's school and campus is like one giant community. I've made two of the best friends I've ever had there, and because of that their friends have extended to be my friends. Everyone supports each other; the students, the teachers, the staff, everyone. They're very friendly and inviting. The parking isn't too bad either.

About how small my classes are. How we have really good food and variety of food. The professors have to have office hours to help students. There are no teacher assistances. The school has one of the best nursing programs in Greater Cincinnati area. There is always somewhere to go and do. That my school isn?t in the city but not in the middle of nowhere either.

When I tell my friends about NKU, I tell them how welcoming it is. It is a big enough campus to have the "rural" feeling but small enough to learn about your peers and recieve one-on-one help with your professors. Everyone is very positive here and influence you to do well. The professors are also willing to help you during a time of struggle. I always reccomend it.

We just added a really awesome student union center. It has Starbucks, Sushi, and tons of other trendy places to eat. We also have very friendly art professors. My advisor also is the creme' de la creme, she went above and beyond the call of duty when I was bed ridden in the hosptital, and need to medically withdraw for a semester.

That i'm really able to schedule my classes on my own terms. I have an odd work schedule (2 12 hour nights per week) and I can schedule a good majority of classes in the evening or even choose to take a good amount of them online to accomodate my other schedules. Not a lot of science/health majors at other schools have that I feel.

The campus, the people, everything. What isn't there to brag about? NKU is a close community - even if there are a lot of commuters. Whether you live on campus or not, there's so many opportunities to become involved, and having a say in the university. Because of the student's voices, there's nothing to complain about at NKU.

Northern Kentucky University is a place where you feel important. The staff is so very helpful and nice, it seems like everyone knows you by name. This is something bigger colleges can't provide. From the time you first visit campus you feel like you are a part of NKU, this comes from the people. NKU is great!