Northern Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Northern Kentucky University

The type of person who shouldn't attend this school is one who does not plan on getting involved with any student organizations while in college. Northern Kentucky University has many options when it comes to student organizations and are gaining more each year. When freshman come onto campus for the first time, joining an organization is really stressed at this school. Most all students are apart of something whether it is a Greek organization or a club for their major. NKU likes to keep students involved in whats going on and to help contribute to their school.

Those who like a quiet and calm atmosphere while living on campus at NKU will love this school. It is mostly a commuter campus; not many decide to reside on campus. If you are looking for the more stereotypical, wild nights and parties college atmosphere, then this school is not for you! Although downtown Cincinnati is only minutes away, there aren’t many activities right outside campus because it is located in a smaller, quiet community. NKU is a fantastic place to go to school at, but go study at another college if you seek a fast paced atmosphere!

I think more people in-state and out-of-state should consider enrolling into NKU; I honestly believe NKU is a great school for anyone as long as it offers the field you want to enter. NKU is afforable, accepting, open-minded, challenging, and offers several opportunities for students to grow, learn, and succeed. If there is a person out there who would rather spend their savings away on an elite college who does not want their students to gain new perspective, be challenged, grow, learn, nor succeed then NKU is not for that person.

A shy person shouldn't attend Norther Kentucky University. I think a shy person shouldn't attend this school because this is a mostly a commuter school so there isn't a lot of people here on the weekend or after classes. This would be a problem for a shy person because they wouldnt be able to make friends, get involved, and know whats going on around campus. For a shy person they wouldn't have a good college experience because they wouldnt go and meet people or get involved to be able to get all of what college offers.

The type of person that should not attend Northern Kentucky University is a person who does not have good time management skills or who likes to play around more than they would do school work. A person who does not have the motivation for anything in life should not attend the university because it will not be a good investment. College is a good way to success and if you do not take it serious why be on campus wasting time and money. That is the type of person I would not recommend to Northern Kentucky University.

The type of person that should not attend this school would be someone that does not want to do much school work outside of class, doesn't want to come to class very often, or if they want to be on a big or small campus. This is a school that will make you work for what you are going to accomplish and the many professors expect you to come to class. Also the campus is not the smallest but it also isn't really big either, however you would be walking a good amount between classes to different buildings.

I do not personally believe that there is any "specific" individual that should not attend this college, or even any general college. Anyone can make the most of any school if they choose to, because that is an opportunity that people take for granted sometimes. Going to college should be something that people want to do, and work hard while they're there but also enjoy the time because it is an unique experience. That is why I do not think that one particular person should not attend my school.

The only people who shouldn't attend my school are the lazy, and those who don't really care about continuing their learning. I struggled with what I wanted to be, and the direction I wanted my life to go in after high school. It took me a long time but I've always cared about high learning. I would really like to support any other tranfer students, maybe feeling out of place as they enter my school, to realize that is is a caring enviroment with a lot to offer.

Northern Kentuky University is a school for everyone. The size is not to big or to small. Although I may not have attended NKU for a very long time, I already love it. NKU is a school that give everyone an oppurtunity to get to know everyone and get involved on campus. Therefore, the kind of person that shouldn't attend this school would only be one that is not willing to get involved in campus because they will have a negative experience at NKU.

I don't think that anyone should choose NOT to attend this school. NKU is an awesome school, but the phrase 'the more you put in, the more you get out' rings true here just like any other applicable real-world situation. If you choose to go to this school to ONLY go to school, then that's what you'll get: an education. But if you CHOOSE to join clubs, become involved, AND get your education, then you'll come out with an experience and a degree.