Northern Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Northern Kentucky University

The most frustrating thing about NKU is the dining menu available. When living on campus, students are required to have a meal plan since most of the university housing doesn't have kitchens. There are not a lot of options when it comes to eating organic or vegetarian. Vegan is very difficult to come by, and the only alternative is cheese pizza and french fries. The student Government organization on campus as well as Chartwells, the manufacturer's of the food at school; have taken this into consideration and are planning to accomodate to those students who eat differently.

We have a large number of commuters at our school who simply come to class and then go home. The only students that get involved on campus are those that are members of greek life. The school lacks the ability to get the student body as a whole, involved. The crowds at sporting events are small and the campus is completely dead on the weekends. This is something that I think needs to be addressed to increase the overall attractiveness of our school. Students choose not to come here based on the boring campus life and large number of commuters.

The most frustrating thing about Northern Kentucky University is the parking and amount of traffic on campus. It is always had to find a spot! Also, the food can be expensive if you eat there every day. Also, the advisors have not really helped me choose my classes. It is very hard to get in with an advisor on time! You also have to book an advising appointment before you register for classes. This is hard to fit into your schedule sometimes. Also, I do not like the smoking on campus they should be more strick on the new rule!

The most frustrating thing about going to school is the cost of going. For me, it feels like I'm working and scraping money just to get an education. I mean I understand that the professors need a salary, but does that mean, we as students have to suffer just to get the education that will help uS find a good job down the road. Also, for me it is the most annoying thing to hear that my mother makes "too much money," so my only option for school is loans. Will I ever be done with my debt?

To be honest, I love going to NKU. There are some things that bother me when I attend, but they have nothing to do with the school. I struggle mainly to afford going to school and traveling to school, as both are very costly. I hope that I will be financially stable in the next couple of years so that I can live on campus and focus on school primarily. This will help me not only to continue getting better grades, but to move on to graduate school and eventually receive my Doctorate.

The most frustrating thing about Northern Kentucky University is that there is not a football team. There are a lot of sporting events happening all the time at the university, including Division I basketball, but I grew up with a school football team. The fall is a frustrating time at the university because no football games makes it feel like there isn't much going on if you live on campus.

The most frustrating thing about NKU would be the parking. Although there is sufficient parking, it is so spread out across campus that is could take over 15 minutes to walk to your building. There are only three parking garages and most of the parking lots are gravel. The lots aren't evenly spaced between the buildings, so you could end up parking 180 degrees from your desired building.

There has not been too many frustrating things about NKU, although recently I ran into a problem. When the Literature and Language department split into the English department and the Department of World Languages, my English major, and the minors attached, got deleted. I then had to personally address the Registrar to get it fixed, rather than my department automatically fixing it.

The most Frustrating thing about my school is that it's a commuter school. Being that it's a commuter school not that many students live on campus. As much as i like this school, its kind of hard to develop a social life because there's not that many campus events that go on and the campus events that do happen there's not that many participants because most students live off campus

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of school spirt. I wish NKU was more like a big name college. NKU is a commuter school so there is no on campus spirt. They are moving in the right direction however. They have recently moved their basketball program to D1 level and will be NCAA tournament eligable in 3 years. I believe that will raise the spirt.