Northern Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Northern Kentucky University

I wish I would have known that this is a smaller campus. Just because you are at a university bigger than your high school does not mean the campus is super huge. That being said, I have met a wide variety of people. But you have to get out there and make those friends! They don't come knocking on your door. My first couple of weeks were hard because I didn't know anyone and I had never been outside my hometown.

I wish someone would have told me about all of the opportunities for building friendships at NKU. Being still new to the area of NKY, I would have gone to school here a lot sooner had I know about all of the extracurricular activities. There is intramurals, clubs to join, many more activities that bring in a broad spectrum of people of all races, backgrounds, college degrees and social classes.

I wish I would have realized how expenisve everything is on campus. I attended a different college for pseop and, there, they offered discounts on everything. They honestly cared about making sure all students had the tools needed to excel in school. I feel like NKU over charges everything. They really seem to be more concerned with money as opposed to the welfare of student education.

I wish I would have known how awesome of a school it really is! NKU wasn't my first choice university, but now I know that NKU has so much to offer. NKU is by no means a small university, but small classes are not hard to find and the professors really engage with students. Throughout the years, NKU has grown into a cool place to be for learning and for fun.

Prior to attending Northern Kentucky University, I wish I had known the major that I wanted to do and that this school did not offer it. I also wish I had known that it was such a small University, where everyone knows everyone, because I was looking for more of a larger diversity of people. I also wanted something with more options as far as majors and minors.

I wish I had known how caring and attentive the advisors and professors are. I wish I had known how great the services are on campus like tutoring and research. I also wish I had known how safe and secure campus is. I first attended a big school and hated it. If I had known everything I do now, then I would have chosen NKU over any other big univeristy.

I wish I had known that this school is a such a commuter school. I lived on campus at Louisville last year and I didn't really like it. But instead of searching for apartments around NKU, I just took the quick route and applied for on campus housing. Now I am stuck paying for a dorm when I could have easily found a cheaper apartment nearby.

I wish I would have known about the online classes NKU offers during my first semester. I live very far away, and attending several online classes saves me gas money. NKU has a great online learning tutorial for online classes that made me feel very comfortable with the online programs. I wish I was aware during my first semester.

That the effort I had fourth in High School should have been much better to help me start of college on a better note. I feel as if I would tried harder in high school, I would have a much higher GPA in college. Also, I would of liked to known what I was going to major in so that I didn't spend a semester trying to figure it out.

I wish that i had known that the campus is dead on the weekends because it is still a developing school. I really dont like that i could be in a group with someone that lives an hour away and in only on campus 1 day a week leaving no time for group work. I wish i had known that the professors were so willing to help students.