Northern Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Northern Kentucky University

It's so much more welcoming than I had ever imagined. People described NKU as the "no knowledge college" but I've found that that could not be farther from the truth. I have learned so much in my time here at NKU and made friends I'll have for life.

I wish I had known how many times I would need to meet with an advisor, the character of the professors and structure of classrooms. before coming to this school. Also I wish I had known the amount of outside travel needed to complete assignments.

NKU is very frat/sort oriented and I wish I would of previous knowledge about these types of organizations prior to completing 2 years. I wish I would of known of more of the programs and events going on around NKU and at NKU.

I wish I'd known that I would not receive any financial aid for any of my time here. I am a Cincinnati, Ohio resident and non-minority, and middle class, which omits me from most scholarship oppurtunities and financial aid.

I wish I had come sooner. I waited way too long to come and because I already had a family established I have not been able to be as engaged in some of the awesome activities and opportunites that are available to me.

I wish I had known about how much responsibility is put on your shoulders when you go to college, as well as, how important it is to become involved in your life and how much fun it can be when combined with school.

That it is more of a commuter university and lacks on campus activity on nights and weekends. (I have not lived on campus since 2010, and the university has changed a lot since I started in 2008.

Before I came to Northern Kentucky University I wish that i would have known about all the resources that campus offers so i could have used them my first semester to be more successful.

Honestly, they do a good job preparing you for what this school is all about. I wish I would have taken them more seriously when they told me how cold and windy it gets on campus.

Before I came to this school I really wish I had known how much college really cost and how hard it is to get the money I need to pay my bill so I can attend school in the spring.