Northern Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Northern Kentucky University

I would say one of the best things about NKU is the overall feel and environment of the campus. It truly feels like one big community. Whether you're a Greek member, a student athlete, a first year student, or involved in other various and even diverse clubs we offer, each and every student belongs somewhere, is welcomed at the University, and more importantly, is welcomed into a family. We always have events on campus near, or in, the Student Union that give students the opportunity to come together as one, which aids in the wonderful community/family feeling.

NKU is best suited for students who want to truly excel in their chosen course of study but learn best in a smaller environment. While the student body is rapidly growing in size, the professors and staff as a whole work very hard to ensure that each student is given a personal experience by providing us with the resources and tools we need as an individual, not as a demographic. The professors are great, the classroom sizes are small, and I am given a rigorous academic path that I have no doubt will prepare me for my future.

The best thing about my school is the fact that the professors here actually care. If you have a problem they themselves will try to help you, or will point you in the direction of someone else who can help. I was nervous about college because I thought that, not knowing anyone, if I had a problem, that no one would help me. I quickly learned that that was not the case. I think that in a larger school it would be much more difficult to get help right when you need it most.

I honestly can't pick just one thing. My classes are very interesting, my teachers are nice and very helpful, and the other students are very friendly. Since I am a biology major I sit through many lectures in a day and none of them are boring ever! I love that my professors have office hours so they can help me one on one. Also you meet friends within your major easily because you all take many of the same courses. All these things contribute to me succeeding at NKU greatly.

The best thing about my school is the passion and freedom of expression. There are quite a few students and they are all very assertive when in comes to their beliefs. During my first year of school I saw organized, informational protests, shows and skits for clubs, dances, rallies, events and more. There is always someone to talk to if you have a question and the professors are around campus 95% of the time, they also know a lot about these wonderful organizations and clubs.

The best thing about NKU is the professors and the class sizes. As a nursing major, I take a lot of science classes which are really difficult. I have never had a class bigger than 100 students and the professors are ALWAYS willing to help. You really aren't just another student to them, they really want you to succeed and do well in their course. I feel completely comfortable asking questions and going to them for help because I know that they truly want to see me succeed.

Northern Kentucky University has a phenomenal staff, which is why so many students become successful, and many even come back to work for the university. Without this amazing staff, I would not be able to succeed in college, or in life. My advisors, professors, and program directors are helpful, understanding, and patient with students. The staff at Northern Kentucky University genuinly cares about my well being and they take the time to adress my educational needs.

There are so many great things about this school. The biggest thing to me is that it feels like home. I transferred from Marietta College in Fall of 2014 to Northern Kentucky University. At Marietta, I did not feel like I was at home and I was always in my room and never got invovled. As soon as I got to NKU, I got an overwhelming feeling of happiness and felt welcomed as soon as I got unto campus. I got invovled right away and I am a million times happier at NKU.

The best thing is that teachers get to know you for who you are, not just a face with no name. All of my professors have been friendly and don't hesitate to go out of their way when I have a question or need further explination. My advisor is the same way. Before I decided to major in Psychology, my advisor sat down with me and we discussed different options, majors, and careers that major would open up for me.

The fairly small size of the campus is one of the best things about the school. The middle plaza of the university has been under construction and has required you to walk around instead of going straight through, but the maximum amount of walking time you could ever encounter even in this situation is about fifteen minutes. Getting to class on time is a breeze because of how quick the walks are.