Presque Isle, ME
Northern Maine Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Maine Community College

Nathaniel

I love the school and the classes. Only thing that upsets me is when I had to turn down last year's fall semester because I had to go to Loring Job Corps Center, no thanks to my mother and one of the staff members that came in the shelter I stayed at. However, I did manage to go for the spring semester and go through it with good grades and somewhat a positive attitude since I'm coming back for this fall semester. Yet, I'm still unsatisfied from how things turned out in the beginning.

Overall I think that Northern Maine Community College is good for students fresh out of high school who do not know what they want for a career path, yet. I think it is a good school to start off at, but then later transfer to a four-year university. It offers trade, technical, and liberal studies programs at reasonable prices which is helps save money if you wanted to later attend an expensive university.

Kaylee

I believe Northern Maine Community College is one of the Best 2 year colleges in Maine. Every staff member teams up and does every thing in their power to make you strive toward success. I love being able to contact my teachers whenever I need help with anything. The college also offers Tutoring of all classes and sometimes when you go see a tutor you can get extra Credit. This college is very family friendly.

Chenyrene

To not care what people think about yourself. Have confidence in yourself and always believe that you can achieve anything. Keep being active. Practice every night with Cheering and focus on your studies.

This is my first year going to this college. But when I walked into the school I felt like I belonged there.

I don't know it is my first year.

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition I would give myself the following advice. First and foremost I would not miss one of my assignments because of the weight each assignment has on my grade. I would be determined to get straight A's so I could get into a college of my choice and not be reflecting back on my years like I am doing now. I would make sure I was making a difference in doing something, and doing that something the right way. I would also listen more to the advice of the adults surrounding me. I have been blessed with prominate individuals around me, and wished that I would have taken the time to understand and be more attentive to what they had to offer me. This is very important to me now because my dad passed away at the young age of 40. I was only 14 years old then. Earning a college degree has been a longtime goal for my family and me. I hope to fulfill my deceased father's dream and become the best that I can be. This scholarship would definitely help me attain my goals.

What I brag most about Northern Maine Community College. First and foremost Northern Maine Community College is very affordable. The tuition at community colleges are considerably less. The financial aid department has been helpful in helping me find information on scholarships. The knowlegable educators have encouraged me and helped me develop my talents and abilities. They have taken the fear out of my attending college. This has given me the confidence I needed in working towards an associates degree in Diesel Hydraulics. Many successful people have gotten their start at a community college.

Kimberly

NMCC is a very small school, and focuses on the student, it is an excellent school for young adults right out of high school to learn to spread their wings but yet not be overwhelmed.

I would definately pay more attention, and try harder. Take high school seriously but still maintain the "high School" good times. Ask more questions and be more assertive in everything that I did, and number one would be Listen to my Mother!!!

When I talk about NMCC I brag mostly about the Academic Success Center, they have wonderful tutors and mentors and will assist anyone to have them succeed!

MaryAnn

The advice I would give myself would be to stay updated with the information the counsolers have about your career choice. Know what classes that are needed for the program and begin taking these classes rather than others. During taking these classes you need to develop new study habits, because those you've learned in high school is not enough for college. Time management is the key to studying. You have to give yourself plenty of time to study. Read your chapters before going to class, therefore you will know what questions you need to ask when the professor goes over the subject. Find the best place for you to study. A place that rids you of distractions like a comfy bed to lay on, a telvision to watch, and a phone to talk to others. A great place to study would be in the college library. There you have access to all forms of research, and are provided with a quite and comfortable environment to study in. There are also tutors available in the library, whom are a great resource to go to for help if you are having trouble and didn't have time to ask the professor.

deborah

Do your best to take advantage of scholarships and free grant money before graduating high school, make good grades, and know what your passion is in life, what brings you happiness, not just for yourself, but for others. Never except the answer "no", there is allways alternatives and other avenues and resources that you can find. Don't just settled for a job, but a career. Be aware after completing college you will be faced with an overwhelming amount of debt, so please take advantage of free monies, if you can't attend a four-year school, start at a nearby junior college, this keep your mind from being idle.

Michelle

I am able to work at my classes towards my degree with my work and home schedule so well. The way that they offer their classes is so easy to fit into any lifestyle that you have. Their staff was so delightful to work with any time that I had questions about anything.

I will tell you the normal blah blah blah of live life to the fullest and enjoy every minute because you never know when it will end. Take that extra minute to stop and say Hi to that friend because you never know if it will be the last time you'll get to, enjoy every cry you hear from your babies because they grow up to fast, always kiss your spouse goodbye as they walk out the door. You can never beat a good homecooked meal around the table with your family. I am a mom who waited to go back to college at 35 after her youngest child went to pre-k, and I dont regret a minute of it! I am doing so good, pay attention to your teachers, do your homework, your moms and dad do really know what they are talking about and a smiling face says so much more about you than any piece of designer clothing that you can buy.

That I didnt have to do this all by myself. When I first started my classes I tried to do all my homework on my own without asking for help from my instructors, when they seen that I was struggling and offered to help I found that this was going to be so much easier. I thought that going back to college was going to be so much harder at 35 than it is but I am doing great!

Meggan

I had a child while in high school so I put off college. If I could go back in time to talk to myself, I would tell myself not to wait as long. Going to college while being a single parent was not as difficult as I thought it would be. And it would have been so much easier to do while younger when I had the energy to be involved in all the extra activities like Student Senate.

As many people go to college they form friendships. The friends you choose make the difference in your success at college and the networking oppurtunities you have available once you graduate. Choose your friends wisely, and be nice to everyone.

I talk about the wonderful and helpful staff members there are. Many off them not only want you to succeed, but they go out of their way to make that happen, especially in the student services office.

Northern Maine Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.