Saipan, MP
Northern Marianas College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Marianas College

Aira Joy

Overall, Northern Marianas College is an institution that focuses more on students and their education. NMC also has many events in where students engage in it, free food and activities are there too. We have many tutors and presentations, mostly about how to help students in their studies and better lifestyle choices. The professors are kind and engaging, there are time when the professors may not be available due to some business, however they are available almost all the time.

Carriecarmen

The Northern Marianas College may be small, but don't let that deceive you from how great and convenient it is to have small class sizes. That isn't the only perk of attending NMC, but also the availability of Learning Support Services and other extremely helpful resources for any college student.

NiNi

The class sizes are small which means more one and one attention with a teacher. The tuition is pretty affordable too which saves you a lot of money especially if you are starting on your Associates Degree. Another thing is that it is closer to where I live. I just wished that they offered more online courses so that it would be much easier for students who use distance learning to take the same classes as someone who was attending the college physically. They also offer programs called WICHE and WUE which gives a tuition discounts to nonresident students. If you want to learn more, visit marianas.edu for more information.

Marchie

If you are looking for the safest and friendliest environment, Northern Marianas College is definitely the college to attend. Whenever I study in the library, I am comfortable leaving my things behind to go use the restroom. I would return and all my belongings will be just as I left them. The school has a small campus making it easier to navigate the different facilities and recognize the many faces you meet. If you do get lost, which is rare, it's not that difficult to find someone to point you in the right direction. For someone looking for a more rigorous and face-paced setting, Northern Marianas College would NOT be the perfect place to further their education. The academics may not be up to par. The classes have a laid-back feel. Sometimes it'll feel as if you are in a game that keeps lagging. Overall, I do believe that it is a great place to get a start college. It is an easy environment to adapt into. The tuition is reasonable. It is a place where you can get a college experience with less financial and social stress.

Honey May

A safe place to study and learn, friendly staff and nice facilities. Good quality education in a nature friendly environment. Your average college without much expectations. But the college is short-handed on professors and teachers, thus the courses and the subjects offered are limited.

Ellie

The academics are too easy for me and there are not very many extracurricular activities. However, the school is very small so the class sizes are good. I think that the campus is very safe although I have seen some people vaping. We also don't have an on-campus housing and the food in the snack bar is very expensive.

Tanika

Knowing what I know now as a college student, I would have told myself as a high school student to stay focused. There are many distractions in life. Only if I had gone to college straight out of high school, I would be much further in life than I am today. Being a young lady I just wanted to grow up faster than I should have. The things that were important seemed to be put on a back burner waiting for me to pick them up again. Now I realize that college should have been my first priority. I am currently juggling a full-time job, raising my four year old daughter, and going to school full-time. I don’t regret the choices I made in life, but I could have been much further along in my career, and financially able to care for my daughter if I would have stayed on task. Even though it’s hard, I am motivated to do my best, and be an example to my daughter. Making the transition to college has not been an easy road, but I have learned that it’s the best road to a successful life and future.

Christielynn

Our teachers, especially those under School of Education, help their students in every way that they can, keep track of their growth/progress, and make sure that students understand what is being taught. Our teachers here care for the students and make sure that everyone is succeeding in almost every way.

College is a lot more serious than high school. Be sure to never procrastinate, always be on task, make sure you are prepared, do not hesitate from being or seeking help. Be honest with all that you do and always be organized. No matter how late you stay up at night doing your homework, complete it. Do not stop until you are done! Prepare to take a lot of notes, to read everyday, to study everyday, and to be creative and professional at all times!

I honestly believe that anyone should attend NMC. Students should never feel uncomfortable when attending any institution. Everyone and anyone should be able to freely come and attend NMC.

Maegan

I'm not the average college student, even though I'm not sure I could describe an "average" student. I'm not straight out of high school, I have no children, and I'll be the second person in my family to acquire a college degree. College may be a time for fun but I'm using my time to study and try to succeed in every aspect of my college life. I'm not worried about the next party or skipping class. I'm in school to achieve my life-long goals and become a nurse.

Ivan

Attending Northern Marianas College is like finding a new set of family!

Attending Northern Marianas College is like finding a new set of family!

Attending college is the best choice that I have made. The reason being is that it prepares me for the career that I am currently in, teaching in the Head Start Program, and advancement in level if I complete my Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education. Through college I have gained many friendship, understanding different cultures through cultural exchanges, and taking the leadership in choosing what career path I should take. At first, I don't know what to be or what career should I be in, but with the help of students and faculty, they gave me a clear picture of my future. My mother once said, "Man can steal materials things from you, but when you go to college no individual can steal the knowledge bestowed upon you." With this statement, it made me realize that by arming myself with tools I need through college that I could overcome obstacles that I might face in the future to come. Money has value but having an education provides you with the richest of knowledge that could last you a lifetime.

Before coming to this school the faculty and staff are well prepared in orientating students on what to expect when attending the college. The college usually have information session every beginning of each semester for prospective, returning, and on-going students. The outreach program and the media group of the school are very active and supportive to student needs.

Northern Marianas College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.