Marquette, MI
Northern Michigan University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Michigan University

JohnNathan

Being able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior would be a dream come true. I'll let myself know that money doesnt grow on trees. The feeling of not being able to start college on time because I need to find a job to pay for my tuition is the worst. It'll make you feel like an embarrassment and a failure in your family's eyes . College is an investment in my future that will give you the skills to compete in job markets and have self assurance that you've accomplished something not a lot of people have the luxury of experiencing. Please don't take senior year as a joke and make the most out of it. Scholarships are wating for you and you deserve it. Hanging out in the hallways and being lazy isn't going to get you these scholarships. Time and dedication will. College is a transition and I hope you're ready for it. A lot of sacrifices will come in the near future. I know you'll be scared, but guess what, no one said it was going to be easy. Good luck John!

Nicholas

My classmates are fun, energetic, cheerful, and vibrant.

My classmates are fun, energetic, cheerful, and vibrant.

My school is best known for its lively atmosphere and the abundance of opportunities awarded to students.

I would tell myself to do every activity possible, and keep a track of all activities participated in and awards won. Because colleges and programs really like to see students who are well rounded and involved in extra curricular activities. Besides, they are fun and you only live once. You never want to live with regrets, so every opportunity you have, go for it! I would also tell myself that the habits developed at a young age stay with you for a long time and are hard to break. So make the best out of everything you do as far as eating, studying, sleeping, the friends you hang out with, etc. You do not want to miss out on something you should have gotten or should have been able to do because you made one wrong decision a long time ago. And the lastly, I would have said don't stress, just have fun and live!

James

I would tell that young man to focus harder on what he wants out of life. To tell him one day you will have a wife and a son and that he would want to do everything to make sure they are safe and secure, Provide for them in ways he couldnt if he doesnt get his act together. Everything is riding on his shoulders so he must do wat needs to be done to become a success. I would tell my igh school self tat and since i take life very serioysly i know e would to and get busy becoming a successful man with a career and a wonderful husband and father.

Kaitlin

I would tell myself to study harder, and to work better in math class. So, that I could have been more prepared for classes up here.

I think that the best part about my school is the environment. Things are not pressuring and you can do almost anything that you want.

I wish I would have known more information about my finanical situation. So, I could plan that our better.

My classmates are extremely laidback, supportive, accepting, and fun to be around, while still maintaining the intensity needed to get schoolwork done.

If I could go back, I would give myself a lecture about money management, and about being okay with not having friends immediately. I am from out of state and I didn't know anyone from Adam when I arrived. I should have made a budget with the amount of money I was allowed to spend on Starbucks at school. I would have advised myself to take more steps out of my shell sooner to get involved with more groups even though I still had soccer to do. I would have reminded myself who I was and that no matter what no one could change that even when they don't have any preconceived knowledge of how I was as a person.

I wish I would have known about how bad the old dorms were for people with allergies.

Connie

I have yet to attend a NMU class. My classes start Augest 29th. So I am not sure what my classmates will be like.

I have to admit I did not try as hard as I should in high school. If I could go back to my senior high school self. I would tell her that I need to try harder. It seems like that some many people make that same mistake. I got sucked up in my high school life and I did not really think about the future. I did not think about how bad grades effect me but now I see what good grades could have done for me. Now I am thinking about my future. The best thing I can do for myself is get an education so I can get a job in a career that I will enjoy.

Molly

Northern Michigan University brings in a diversity of students. Anywhere from the creative artist to the adventurous scientists. Everyone is nice and gets along well. The school is also an Olympic training center so many of my classmates or Olympis trainees.

Northern Michigan University is best known for its science and art programs. It is on the shores of beautiful Lake Superior but not too far from the town of Marquette. There are lots of things to do around campus including all kinds of sporting events, community volunteer projects, and many campus wide celebrations.

If I could go back and tell myself what college has to offer it would be like me going back a a college represenative. I would tell myself about all the mountains and hiking trails around campus and how Lake Superior is right outside my window. Of course there is that fact that all the students and teachers are nice and very helpful and I shouldn't be afraid to take time and talk with my professors. I would encourage my past self to get involved in as many campus events as possible because that is a great way to meet new people and make friends. I would also talk about all the help the school offers from campus tutoring to a writing center where people will actually help you with your papers. Northern Michigan University is definately the place that I belong and that I will love everything about it.

Cassandra

My classmates are very supportive. They work hard at what they do and they are always willing to help each other out.

If I could go back in time and give myself some advice it would be to stay true to oneself. College is the time to try new things, but it’s important to be able to decipher what is going to have a positive versus a negative effect on oneself. There are many pressures in college, and it’s important to keep your values and morals when making decisions, decisions that could ultimately affect you for the rest of your life. Be who you want to be, but don’t let others decide for you. If I could give myself another piece of advice it would be to find a good balance. College isn’t just about doing schoolwork, but it’s also not just about making new friends. Work hard in school to get good grades, but take breaks to go hang out with others and do fun activities. It will help keep you sane, especially around exam time! And last but not least, have fun! College is a wonderful experience and a time to experience things on our own. Live, laugh, and make memories. And one more thing: don’t forget to take pictures!

The worst thing about my school would have to be the amount of partying that goes on. While it doesn't take place on campus, it is distracting when people come back from the weekend and are drunk. But, you will most likely find partyers at any college.

Liddia

The best thing about my school is the size of it. A smaller campus equals a smaller population, smaller classes, and a more successful me because my teachers are more available to help me if I need it.

I gotten a sense of responsibility from attending college so far. because this is the first time of been on my own. Futhermore, finishing my first semester with a overall gpa of 3.63 also gave me a boost of confidence that I can and will continue to do well in college.

My school is more personal. Since Northern Michigan University is a small campus, the teacher-student relationship is more personal. It's also nice and relaxing environment. There are many outdoor activities to get involved in such as snowboarding.

Meghan

I have yet to begin my college experience, but I do know that it will be of great importance to me. The University I have applied to, and hopefully will attend, is far too expensive for me to afford. It has been my dream school ever since I was 14 years old. As well as applying to my requested school, I also have planned on becoming a Physical Therapist ever since then and have stuck to the intended profession to this very day. I know that my attendance at the Ohio State University will be of great value to me and for my future career and life. This scholarship would help in more ways than one, and I would be eternally greatful for your support in pushing me one step closer to my dream.

Northern Michigan University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.