Annandale, VA
Northern Virginia Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Virginia Community College

Miriam

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know about college life and making the transition, I would advice myself to look deeper into school infomation and their counselors available. During my transition from highschool to college I rarely looked for information of the transferring desired school. So in turn this brought me an enormous amount of problems throughout my college transition. If I would have been better prepared I would be done with my associate's in Science, and would probably be attending a four-year college .

The best thing about my school are the guidance counselors. Without them we would not be able to make the correct choices and look throught the best options available for each student's unique situation. Counselors are available everyday of the week during office hours and also through walk-ins. Those who cannot come in at a specific day can schedule their own appointments with their personal counselors. I have had a tough experience going back to school after a rough economic drop-down, but with the advice of certain counselors I have been able to go back to school.

Every kind of person should attend this school, especially if this kind of person is trying to aquire their general college education before moving on to their desired transfer school. If you are not economically well budgeted for a more popular and expensive school, I recommend that you attend Northern Virginia Community College being that this is my own case. In regards to this school, I feel that the school has great tuition plans for those working and going to school at the same time. Not being able to pay your tuition at once will not be a problem.

Mattie

NOVA Annandale is a big school which is continuously busy with students and teachers who may or may not want to be teaching at the school and are possibly doing it for extra cash or until they find a different job.

I would tell myself to pay better attention in high school so i can actually make it into a decent college. I would also tell myself to not do online college courses and to study my butt off because you can't afford to have a low GPA when you graduate from both high school and college.

The atmosphere of the school isn't very welcoming like other colleges I have visited, but it may be because it is a commiunity/commuter school where people come souly for their classes and then go home or work or whatever else they need to do. Its hard to socialize unless you went to the college with someone you already knew or if you end up knowing someone already there to get you involved. I also do not like the fact there is no female soccer team and only intermurals.

Theresa

If I could talk to to myself as a high school senior I would have many things to say. First of all I would go and tell myself to find job now and before the financial crisis started. That way you will be able to have more money put away because all of the scholarships you were hoping to get will not come through. You need as much financial security possible when you put your self through college. I would also tell myself through the mess of classes and money to not forget that you family is what is most important and sometimes takes more priority over everything else. That sometimes distractions would arrise but it is still important to go to class and meet deadlines. You need to establish a good relationship with you future professors and peers. You never know who will be helpful or with you to you in the future and its important to have a good buzz around your name. Lastly and most importantly I would tell myself that no matter how dark and how scary the future may seem there is always a brightside if you take the time to find it.

The office and staff are not very helpful. They don't answer phone calls or e-mails . In the student finnace department they give you your finacial aid after the payment for tutition is due.

This campus is wonderful for a vast variety of people . I would recommend it to anyone, from single mother to the guy working a McDonalds trying to do something with their lives.

Rosa

if I could go back to high School as a senior student I wouls surely advice myself to not let nobody tothink that I am less. because counsils in this college do not know the entire capacity of myself and only judged me for my backgrounds. I will recommend to start reviewing some class material so when I come to College everything that I studied in high Scholl will be fresh.

How expensive its is . Each semester they increase their cost

everybody has the right to further their eduaction. I belive that every person who wants to attend college should do it without any boundaries.

AnhTu

First, Northern Virginia Community College is at the second place among the biggest community colleges in The United State. Second, it's tuition is low compared to others schools in local. Third, this school has an campus which is only 3 miles from my house. Finally, the quality of teaching here at this school is really good.

Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) I would think is best known as a common community college. What people expect of NOVA is to be able to teach students enough so that they can transfer without too many problems. Then I think people think of at NOVA is cheap easy classes, transferring processes, and lower level education for any student. Nowsaday, NOVA's widespreadness is coming to every single student who want to have a stable start for there future.

If I can go back to high school, I will give myself some advices before going to college. I will still choose the college I?m attending now so the first advice is not about choosing college but about choosing major. It is very important. If you are not sure of your major, you will waste time and money for unnecessary classes. I will also recommend me at that time to go and talk with a counselor about choosing major and classes. That is a very important process before starting college. The next one I would advise is getting ready for the placement test of English and mathematics. After taking the test, the next step is applying for financial aid as soon as possible. Also, if there?s free time, it is a good idea to go for a trip around the school to get to know it. They are the advices I would give myself.

Maria

I have to say I was very prepared to go to college, as I was fed up with High School life. I wish i would have known how much time you have to set aside for work and studying.

To get a Mac, not a PC., but that is just for my major. They do have Mac Labs at the School but it is difficult to always come to the school to do my work. Everything else is great.

The traffic in the Parking Lot. I have to admit, it is getting better. But the traffic is definitely crazy trying to get out of NOVA at lunchtime.

Joseph

Hello Joe, I hope you're prepared to take on more challenges in the next couple years, than all the years leading to this point combined. Life is about being prepared, for the expected and unexpected. Growing up means being able to adjust and understand that you are no longer able to cling to your parents, teachers or counselors for every decision. Making decisions off hand should only be performed sparingly, since sometimes the toughest errors to correct are those that were not given sufficient thought. Be ready to manage money. Be ready to buy items with credit, and be prepared to pay them off as quickly as possible. Take care of your finances and be skeptical of things that look too good to be true, since often times they are. Go, have fun but be prepared to make decisions that you only thought adults would have to deal with, but remember you're an adult now. Sincerely, Furture Joe V.

Any person looking to spend less money while still receiving a quality education.

School isn't really frustrating but I wish traffic around campus was easier to navigate.

Venissa

They are kind and polite.

They are kind and polite.

The school is very small and homely.

"Your past doesn't determine your future." That would be the first thing that I would tell myself if I could travel back in time. There was a point in my life where I nearly gave up on myself just because of things that happened to me in the future. Being taken advantage of many times forced me to believe that people like me have no future. I would also tell my old self, "Hold on because you're almost there." If someone told me that I would one day live to see when I'd be enrolled in college and pursuing my dream of becoming an English teacher, I would probably laugh and walk away. However, I've come to realize that all things are possible and that it's never too late to start over no matter where you came from. I've also come to learn that just when you're about to give up, that's when you're closer to your dreams than you'd ever think. In order to get to the other side of the tunnel, you have to go through it first, no matter how dark it may seem.

Northern Virginia Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.