Annandale, VA
Northern Virginia Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Virginia Community College

Syeda

The campus is lovely with the beauty of nature all around. I like the diversity - the blending of so many students and professors from various cultures and background. The classes are fairly easy as well, and the staff and counselors are always there to assist students in need. Overall, it is a nice college with a lot of opportunities and benefits - financial or otherwise.

Dilma

As soon as you enter through any door there is help, people are friendly. My favorite office is student services. Usually, you would have to sign in and wait till you name was called. Well, now It’s become very easy, you can sign in with a tablet, and they text you when it’s your turn to be seen. This is better because you don’t have to wait in a crowded space, you can go out to the cafeteria and have a snack or just walk around. Their food is the greatest, they have homemade dishes like spaghetti and meatballs, or rice and chili. If you don’t like one thing, then there are others, best of all lines are faster. There are hand Sanitizers everywhere, as well as recycling bans. Usually its hard to identify what’s recyclable and what’s not, especially to students that don’t recycle at home, but they make it easy for everyone by putting posters everywhere. Classes are easy to find because the schools are built with many help centers or front desks, with people who are there to answer any question. Although, now everyone in school faculty and staff have emails, so it’s even faster to talk to them. There are many resources at NOVA, library, where you can get a room to do group work, tutoring center, are the perfect places to get feedback on essays, and the financial aid office; each department has people who can direct you to the correct office and perfect person you can get information from. The Northern Virginia Community College is the best affordable school to get further in your education.

Rutaba

Overall I started this intuition tight the hope of saving some money before I transferred to a four year university. NVCC is a great place to start your education that is what you are looking for. This institution allows student to actively go to school (full time or part time) as well as have a job. The classes at NVCC are sized at around thirty students which is not bad. Personally I enjoy smaller classrooms when compared to bigger universities. The teachers at NVCC are very dedicated in helping the students learn. The small sized classrooms actually accommodate this.

Chantel

NOVA is a great school to attend. They offer many choices for campus classes and the instructors really stand behind ensuring you understand the material. They prepare you for the degree you are pursuing and their programs are designed to transfer to a 4 year institution if that’s the route you want to go.

Gabriel

It is a school that I respect academically but could create more of a college environment by incorporating more clubs and organizations for the students. There are some activities that are accessible to students, but aren't advertised as well as it could be. There is a certain amount of effort that can be applied in order to really influence the students to participate in a certain organization.

I am currently enrolled at Northern Virginia Community College while still attending my high school. I use the library located on campus with my ID card and have found wonderful search engines and websites from NOVA. I find the facilities very helpful and readily available.

Eugene

It was the cheapest option and the most convenient option. My campus had a water main broke, causing a flood. Thus, things have been a little disorganized and chaotic. The academic work is manageable yet somewhat intellectually stimulating. I only took the general studies courses mostly, but the English classes I have taken have been interesting.

Tavia

I think NOVA is a great place for anybody to start out. Students like myself can receive a quality education at a lower cost. At first, the summer before I started my Freshman year, I was nervous that I would feel as if I were on my own given the fact that NOVA is a community college and that it wouldn't have the "college feel." While NOVA is definitely different compared to a 4-year university, its uniqueness isn't a setback. Many of my fellow peers including myself have been able to attend fun events, take great classes, and work, as well if we desire. There are some awesome professors who truly care about us as students, and they have a passion for what they teach. At NOVA I have built some fantastic friendships, and have paved the way for my future. NOVA isn't the best of the best; it's not a perfect school. But it's a great start.

Jackie

Northern Virginia Community College is a good school for students from various backgrounds especially in a suburban area both the teachers and staff are friendly and kind to students for specific needs whether it's requesting more time to booking appointments.

I think this school is great and kind of has a peaceful atmosphere and I had no problem with the students on campus and the food there is okay.

Tell us about your professors.

The professors here at Northern Virginia Community college are very nice as long as you turn in your assignments on time you will be in good terms with them and for better opportunities.

I don't drink. Will it be hard for me to go to parties?

No, it will not be hard for you to go to parties.

What are your classes like?

The classes here on campus are great I feel like I'm learning more than what I used to back at VSU.

The one thing I wished someone told me about my freshman year would be getting help from some people in specific classes and finding a tutor for some subjects.

What's the hardest thing about freshman year?

One of the hardest thing about being a freshman would be not getting the classes you want and the limited of opportunities being offered.

Describe a typical weekend.

A typical weekend would be spending time with your friends and loved ones, attending to upcoming events, and shopping.

What's unique about my campus would be the diversity and the types food being provided.

The only thing I brag about most would be how easy it is to enroll classes online and getting to the school on time.

A person who wants to get into the school of their choice or someone who wants to get a associates degree

Leslie

If you’re looking for a collage not far from home nova is the place to go. The collage is very diverse which is great if you’re looking to meet different types of people. There’s many friendly people all over campus and you have a very safe vibe when you’re on campus.

Northern Virginia Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.