Holbrook, AZ
Northland Pioneer College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northland Pioneer College

Leah

Their Nursing Program/EMT Program/Fire Department Program

Their Nursing Program/EMT Program/Fire Department Program

Being a senior wouldn't give me enough time. I slacked off through high school because I didn't know how important school and education is. I would tell myself to get involved in every club and activity I could, keep up on my grades and strive for A's, and apply to any and every college that had programs for my intended study. I would tell myself, chin up! Times will get better. Money will get easier to come by. You won't have to work for friends. And your intelligence will be your strongest attribute. I would also tell myself that my interests will shift all over the place until I land on one that will open doors to many jobs and not keep me stuck in one field. And lastly, I would remind myself to travel. Leave home, go places that are uncomfortable, see the world with new eyes. Do it now while you don't pay bills and have a good job. Go satisfy your ever-oncoming wanderlust.

That I was going to consider changing my major and take those appropriate classes.

Holly

It is small and helped me prepare for university.

It is small and helped me prepare for university.

Talking to myself as a high school senior I would say that going to a 2 year community college after graduating would be the best thing, and then transfer to a university. A smaller college will be easier and help you adjust.

The friendly enviroment. The students and staff are all friendly.

Crystal

The University of Phoenix locatede in Hawaii offers a perfect school schedule for busy lifestyles. Students are able to go to school every one day a week, do the rest of the assignments online. This gives students the chance to work and have a family at the same time. It has small class sizes which allow students to share and express thier learnings in class.

I have recieved confidence that I never thought I could gain. I have the proper learning skills that will be useful to obtaining a career that suits me in the future. I am now a junior in college, and I have much more knowledge about the business field. Now I am confident that I can look forward to a better future for my family knowing that I have the knowledge and confidence needed to becoming more successful. I have also become a more responsible individual when it comes to scheduling and making time for things that matter most in life. I now know how to set goals and reach for something better by never turning down a challenge. Most importantly, I learned that some things do not come so easy in life. We must all work very hard to get to where we want to go, and through this college experience, it is possible.

A person that has a busy lifestyle is able to attend this school. People with a family or people who work should attend the University of Phoenix.

Alexandrea

My classmates are a variety of ages from seventeen years of age to late forties.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior the advice I would give myself would be to put in for scholarships a lot sooner and to be more aware of how important my grade point average is when applying for scholarships. I would advise myself to start preparing for college my Junior year and focus more on my academics rather than athletics. My first year of college I would not procrastinate when doing my work and would study more.

I wish I would have known how hard it would be to have been attending high school, being involved in athletics, and college at the same time.

Victoria

The campus is large, but classes, work, and the feelings of the teachers toward each of their students is larger.

I would tell myself not to over load myself with so many classes. Going to school full time is harder than it seems, and the work that you get is harder than any high school work, so you have to stay on top of all your assignment and not procrastinate. Talk to your advisors, they are willing to help you with scheduling the right classes and making sure that they have the classes that you need to finish your major. The classes deserve your full attention and concentration, dont be texting and talking to other students, you are there to learn and to take advange of all the oppertunities you have to get ahead in the world. The results you get is from what you put into it, strive to be the best you can; anything you put your mind to, you can succeed in. Also, a C will drop your GPA tremediously, so get only A's and B's. You can do it!! Its just another curve life throws your way, but you can and will pass it with flying colors.

I would say the Administrators and teachers and also the courses that they provide. i would say all that because the Administrators work hard to make sure they have the right classes for me to take and also that I'm taking the classes that I really need. the teachers are so nice and willing to work with you, they make sure you understand your assignements and are there to answer your questions, they respond quickly to your emails or phone calls. The classses are a challenge and yet fun, they are handled and taught by the right professors.

Tiffany

My school is probably known for having low tuition cost.

My school is probably known for having low tuition cost.

Its unique in the way that no one really moves to come to school here, which means a less student to teacher ratio. Thats good because if you have lots of other students then attention doesnt really get divided up equally.

If i could go back in time to tell myself about college life, I would tell myself to prepare as much as possible. I would also tell myself its not as scary as you think. I would say that there are people to help you and to talk to them and get to know them because they will be there through out your college life. I would tell myself to take a little of a year off and do what I did in that time. Work with mentally and physically challenged adults. The lessons you learn from them are priceless and might help you in your college life. I would end my conversation with myself by saying dont take life for granted and do the best you can. Dont get discouraged when you get a bad grade or whatever it may be, pick yourself up and learn from it. Strive to do what you want to do.

Rasheed

My classmates are true characters, in all aspects of life.

My classmates are true characters, in all aspects of life.

My school is unique because they give people an opportunity to become successful in all types of ways.

Advice I would give would be to never give up. Yes, life can be difficult but if you focus and keep determination in your heart, you can achieve your goals. You must have goals after high school. Plain and simple.

Candice

The advice I would have gave to myself would be to pay more attention to the college recruiters on how to apply for scholarships and financial aid. I would have encouraged myself to visit colleges earlier to look into programs and degrees. I would warn myself to save up money for college so I could focus completely on my studies. I would have also told myself to set a long term goal and then planned a reward so i had something to look forward to, other than just my degree.

I wish i would have known myself better. Since i started attending college I've discovered a motivation and a love of learning that I never knew I possessed.

A person that should attend this school should be self motivated, have his/her goals set for their future, and be a student that is going to dedicate long hours to hard work. They must have the ability to balance their life obligations with their desire to better themselves.

melissa

most of my classmates are still in highschool and therfore still have alot to learn in their fields.

Assuming that was possible, I would tell myself that college life isn't all party and fun. I would advise myself to start preparing now by studying harder, apply for scholarships early, and make sure to do my best in all my classes.. I would also advise myself that even though it will be tough at first and you may want to give up , you have to stick with it. If you stick with it then you will find that it isnt all that difficult and when you get those good grades at the end it is all worth the effort.

the thing I consider being the worst is that since it is a smaller school some of the coureses that i would like to take arent always available when i need them to be.

Sky

NPC is a low-tution, community friendly college that allows students to either further their education or just take classes for the fun of it.

If I traveled back in time and told my high school self what I know now, I would say don't double guess myself and just apply for community college, therefore it will be easier for me to finish all my transferable credits at a community college and I can have more chances of becoming a experienced college student, even if the college is in my own community.

I talk about how low the tution is. I find it easy, especially in how the economy is today, to go to a college that you can afford. I also brag about being in my Honors classes, which I throughly enjoy; I'm in Honors Colloquium, Phi Theta Kappa, and I'm a student ambassador.

Northland Pioneer College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.