Bentonville, AR
NorthWest Arkansas Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend NorthWest Arkansas Community College

Destaney

What would I tell myself and everyone around me if I could go back in time? Well, there are two pieces of advice I wish I had known. One, the friends your graduate with will not stay your friends. The people you expected to always be there for you will be off finding themselves and discovering independence and I suggest you do the same as well. Your first year of college is a rollercoaster ride of emotion. Your new friends dont know you well enough to understand and your old friends are too busy to run to. The second thing I wish I had been told is that it is hard. You won't know how to pay for it all, you won't know how to keep your grades up, and you wont know what to do with all of your independence. You will make mistakes, you will break down, youll miss home. But you know what? It gets better. Somehow youll survive. You will make your payments, you will pay for your meals, youll survive the hangovers... youll be happy. You just cant be afraid of the future. You have to go in knowing youll come out aive.

You should attend this school if you are wanting to stay close to home, did not get financial aid, and are not wanting to be 40,000 in debt. This school is pretty inexpensive and that was great for me. This is also a great starter school for anybody who is afraid that college is not for them, or anybody who is not sure what they want to major in. You can take some random classes for a lot cheaper than you could anywhere else.

If you have the money to attend a more expensive school, that is what you should do. I am an over achiever, planner, and have big goals. This is not the ideal school for me.

Kevin

The location of NWACC is what makes me like it as much as I do. It's local and it feels local.

Kevin, I know you were good in all your classes and you were also bored in some of them. You are tired of learning after twelve years and you have already decided to join the military for three years. The military part is the best plan you could have made and I'm proud of you for making it, but do not forget how much you enjoyed learning, at least in most of your classes. When you go to college keep in mind that you have an end goal and all of your classes will be necessary in order to give you the knowledge you need to achieve that goal. You need to try and understand that four years (or more) may seem like more school than you can handle but there is an entire lifetime to live once you get out and it will be amazing and rewarding. Please use the stamina and discipline you will learn as a Combat Medic to apply yourself to achieving the goals you want, all of which you deserve.

NWACC has a wide selection of options when it comes to support for students who work and have families. The campus is easy to get to and the stff is always friendly and helpful.

Noah

Forget about that college, go to NWACC and don't waste so much time getting there!

Those that are on a tight budget, and looking for smaller class sizes for more one on one time.

Beatriz

Where I sitting next to my once eighteen year old self in high school I would stress the importance of, not only being familiar with my major and the classes I must take, but that of actively knowing them. Had I better informed myself with the types of classes I was to take and the timeline they should follow in order to achieve effectiveness in my first two years, I would have been better prepared for my transfer to a four year university and, hence, been more on track with my Bachelor's in Biology.

I would have wished to know that there is such a thing as blackboard and that, even before the first day of class, some professors will post homework assigments . This would have helped me keep myself updated with my classes.

I have found that the most frustrating thing is that my school hardly gives you much options to pay your bill balance; if you do not pay by a certain date you are dropped. I understand this is necessary yet they should allow a review of special circumstances and perhaps extend the date.

Not enough parking. The professors are great and understanding. School has a SIFE which do community service projects.

What are your classes like?

Interesting and fun.

The NorthWest Arkansas Community College is a great school for those who are trying to recieve a great education.

One thing I love about my classmates is that we are all diverse (age, ethnicity and different educational goals).

I have attended to both U of A - Fayetteville and NWACC. I love both schools because of the values they teach about diversity and leadership. I have always been a great influence on diversity by teaching others my Vietnamese culture. Through education of these schools, people can see how important diversity is in an environment. I've learned through experience that a leader should be open minded and be able to take criticism. We draw strength to continue through our mistakes and passion for leadership.

Deanna

NWACC is very helpful family oriented,friendly it's a good schol to be at!!

NWACC is very helpful family oriented,friendly it's a good schol to be at!!

It is challenging yet rewarding,I like the way everyone wants to help you! I would Highly recomend it for any one wanting to further their education!! I would love my two children when they grow up to attend,it is also a very safe school,love that!!

Roseanne

My classmates come from all sorts of backgrounds and lifestyles.

My classmates come from all sorts of backgrounds and lifestyles.

I had the perfect opportunity to attend any college or university that I wanted as soon as I graduated high school. I was a smart person: I held a 4.0 GPA throughout school, worked part-time, and loved the responsibilities. Unfortunately, I let those higher education opportunities slip through my fingers because I was too scared to make that transition from high school to college. My high school was great about preparing students for college and educating us about how to make it happen, but I never took advantage of their tips or advice. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to get my head out of the gutter. Stop thinking about boys and don't let my home-life situation bring me down. I would tell myself that life only gets harder the longer I wait and I would appreciate the easier schedule as a high school graduate without having to worry about my own kids, full time work, rent, and credit cards to pay. Take the chance now instead of waiting, it will be much easier and I wouldn't regret it.

This school is great for anyone, whether you're a new highschool graduate, single parent, currently employed or even senior citizens. Anyone who is looking to advance their education and better themselves should consider NWACC.

Oscar

NWACC can easily be defined as an outstanding academic enviroment in which both the teachers and students give the best of their abilities to help form an enviroment where question and concerns regarding lectures, course objectives, and homework assigments are encouraged.

NWACC is possibly best know for the outstanding desire their faculty has to help their students. In my time attending NWACC i have never heard anyone complain about any of their professors based on their ability to teach. I have experience for myself the dedication and determination that the faculty at NWACC have when it comes to student progress.

Intelligence is often a misconceived trait, it is not only important to be told you are and to feel smart but it is possibly more important to have academic feats recorded on your transcript. Similarly, it is not enough to have a hight ACT score because G.P.A's are very important, more so when it comes to filing for scholarships. Learn to maintain organization of deadlines to assure that both homework assigments and financial aid documents be completed as required. Self-motivation and determination is a must have in order to excel in college. Not only should you push yourself to get started on assigments but you should also be aware that finishing them is equally as important. Ultimately, if you plan to suceed in life, go to college, its the best decision you will ever make regardless of what obstacles you may face.

Cheryl

If I could go back in time to give myself advice in high school, I would start the conversation with one simple phrase? ?You CAN achieve your goals?. Life does not wait, no matter how much you procrastinate. Never listen to others that discourage you to follow your dreams, this is YOUR life ? grab what you want, and deserve, and run with it. At the age of 18, you feel that you have more time than necessary to go to college, and in an aspect, that is true. You are never too old to attending college, but doing so soon after high school is much simpler than trying to do so at the age of 30! Once you reach true adulthood, with the responsibilities of trying to earn an adequate income, paying the bills and raising a child, the simple act of going to class can be quite challenging. You deserve the opportunity to acquire the career you wish for, and achieve the goals you have set for yourself and by attending college at a younger age, it will lessen the everyday struggles and stresses of the wonderful life you have ahead of you. Above all, ALWAYS BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!

I believe, above all, the best aspect of NWACC is the staff and the teachers. Based on personal experience, i can assure that all staff members truly love the work they do. NWACC is a very possotive and supportive environment that will ensure academic success!

The type of person that would attend Northwest Arkansas Community College would be a person that has the desire and drive to learn. Students will be offered the chance to better their financial future though quality education and supportive teachers.

NorthWest Arkansas Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.