Bentonville, AR
NorthWest Arkansas Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend NorthWest Arkansas Community College

Roseanne

My classmates come from all sorts of backgrounds and lifestyles.

My classmates come from all sorts of backgrounds and lifestyles.

I had the perfect opportunity to attend any college or university that I wanted as soon as I graduated high school. I was a smart person: I held a 4.0 GPA throughout school, worked part-time, and loved the responsibilities. Unfortunately, I let those higher education opportunities slip through my fingers because I was too scared to make that transition from high school to college. My high school was great about preparing students for college and educating us about how to make it happen, but I never took advantage of their tips or advice. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to get my head out of the gutter. Stop thinking about boys and don't let my home-life situation bring me down. I would tell myself that life only gets harder the longer I wait and I would appreciate the easier schedule as a high school graduate without having to worry about my own kids, full time work, rent, and credit cards to pay. Take the chance now instead of waiting, it will be much easier and I wouldn't regret it.

This school is great for anyone, whether you're a new highschool graduate, single parent, currently employed or even senior citizens. Anyone who is looking to advance their education and better themselves should consider NWACC.

Oscar

NWACC can easily be defined as an outstanding academic enviroment in which both the teachers and students give the best of their abilities to help form an enviroment where question and concerns regarding lectures, course objectives, and homework assigments are encouraged.

NWACC is possibly best know for the outstanding desire their faculty has to help their students. In my time attending NWACC i have never heard anyone complain about any of their professors based on their ability to teach. I have experience for myself the dedication and determination that the faculty at NWACC have when it comes to student progress.

Intelligence is often a misconceived trait, it is not only important to be told you are and to feel smart but it is possibly more important to have academic feats recorded on your transcript. Similarly, it is not enough to have a hight ACT score because G.P.A's are very important, more so when it comes to filing for scholarships. Learn to maintain organization of deadlines to assure that both homework assigments and financial aid documents be completed as required. Self-motivation and determination is a must have in order to excel in college. Not only should you push yourself to get started on assigments but you should also be aware that finishing them is equally as important. Ultimately, if you plan to suceed in life, go to college, its the best decision you will ever make regardless of what obstacles you may face.

Cheryl

If I could go back in time to give myself advice in high school, I would start the conversation with one simple phrase? ?You CAN achieve your goals?. Life does not wait, no matter how much you procrastinate. Never listen to others that discourage you to follow your dreams, this is YOUR life ? grab what you want, and deserve, and run with it. At the age of 18, you feel that you have more time than necessary to go to college, and in an aspect, that is true. You are never too old to attending college, but doing so soon after high school is much simpler than trying to do so at the age of 30! Once you reach true adulthood, with the responsibilities of trying to earn an adequate income, paying the bills and raising a child, the simple act of going to class can be quite challenging. You deserve the opportunity to acquire the career you wish for, and achieve the goals you have set for yourself and by attending college at a younger age, it will lessen the everyday struggles and stresses of the wonderful life you have ahead of you. Above all, ALWAYS BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!

I believe, above all, the best aspect of NWACC is the staff and the teachers. Based on personal experience, i can assure that all staff members truly love the work they do. NWACC is a very possotive and supportive environment that will ensure academic success!

The type of person that would attend Northwest Arkansas Community College would be a person that has the desire and drive to learn. Students will be offered the chance to better their financial future though quality education and supportive teachers.

Billy

NWACC has always been called the school with no walls. It held classes all over but with time and dedication it has grown to a campus school with many options. The school is very popular in our area and everyone loves it. It is a great place to learn to achieve a degree. The instructors are personla and helpful. It is a kind and caring school.

I would tell myself to immediately consider the fact that my parents are not able to provide assistance with money for college. I would tell myself to focus on studying and look at scholarships more. I would say remember that the long days at school and late nights studying will pay off later in life after college when my career begins. I would tell myself that the career I want way not pay a lot but that is no reason to deny myself happiness. I would tell myself to remember to be a role model for my family and friends. I would try to focus on being debt free and taking things simple for now but to remember that after the education I will be able to afford the things I want. I would tell myself when I get frusturated to remember that my Heavenly Father will always make a way for me to achieve things and I should never forget that. I would find other friends who are serious about college and have a social life with them because we are more likely to stick together and help each other. I would tell myself to suceed at everything.

I think that everyone should attend school to better themselves. The only person I would say should not attend this school would be someone who is not dedicated or can't make a self committment to get a better education. If your not serious about school then don't go. I believe everyone has the right to choose for themselves and everyone should exercise their choice.

victor

If I can travel back in time, I would tell myself to enter into a major that would excite you and bring you passion in life. I want the old me to know that finding a job will be enough to make one happy. But to find a career in what you love, it will bring joy into your life as you would do your best in the chosen profession. In addition, don't be afraid to speak your mind and meet new people. College is not just for you to learn, but also to make new friends and have mentors in life to help you educationally and career wise. Most importantly, understand that college is not just to have fun, but also to be serious and be an adult. A person may find a job right after high school, but being a college student, is a difficult job in being successful as one will have to prepare to be a college student. It's not easy, but it's not hard. Majority of college is working your hardest and trying your best. Make friends, have fun, and set your goals; and in the end, college is worth it.

Northwest Arkansas Community College has given me a sense of belonging to an institution. The teachers are not just here to teach their subject but do show careness in how each student performs educationally to their best abilities. In addition, the campus environment is very friendly and diverse as it allows students of many backgrounds to become friends and collegues. This institution has the potential of growing into one of the top two year colleges in the surrounding tri-state area. I'm proud to be part of this institution.

Northwest Arkansas Community College is known mostly for its excellence in preparing students to a four year degree instiution. In addition, the two year programs offered here at the college is outstanding as the school provide these students with the proper education and skill in committing to excellence when in their chosen profession. I feel after I have graduated, I will be better prepare to take on my profession in law enforcement.

Bethany

My school is a small, close knit college where the teachers can focus and help each individual person.

Some advice that I would give myself is I would tell myself to focus and work your hardest to get through and don't give up because it is well worth it in the end. Also no matter what you choose to become to pursue it with all your might and don't give up until you reach your goals.

I believe the best thing about my school is how much teachers work to help the students succeed. They make it a goal to learn and get to know each individual person and if they start having problems they do everything they can to help them succeed.

Your college career is definitely your own responsibility. Staying on task is very important. The reading assignments are assigned for a reason and you should read them thoroughly and ask questions if you have any afterwards. Putting 100% effort towards all assignments is a huge reward. Missing class should be unacceptable unless you are ill or just can't avoid it whatsoever. College is a wonderful opportunity that some people don't even get to experience, so make sure you complete it with your fullest potential.

I really like the smaller classes this school provides. There are more opportunities for a teacher to get to know you and further assist you on any problems you may have a with a class. The teachers have more office hours than larger universities which allows students to contact them outside of class.

I recommend anyone that went to a smaller high school to attend NWACC if they aren't looking for a huge population change. Smaller high schools have smaller classes, just like this school offers. The student wouldn't have to make major adaptations.

Kimberly

When I was a high school senior, I was so excited to be going to college because I had everything planned out. Telling everyone that I was going to major in PrePharmacy, join the right sorority and enjoy the college life. Being in college for almost three years, I changed my major from PrePharmacy to Biochemistry to Nursing and deactivated myself from Chi Kappa Rho. I was naive and thought that I had my college career planned out. So as I think about what advice I would give to myself, I would say "Think hardly about what you really enjoy and want to do for the rest of your life. Don't just have one straight path that you think is correct for you, but look at your options! Take an extra AP Chemistry course to see if you really are interested in this field." I would say something like that to myself if I could go back in time, but I wouldn't. My reason. Because going through the changes of major and being in a Christian like atmosphere plus being in a wonderful sorority, I have learned so much and grew into a mature and intelligent person.

NorthWest Arkansas Community College is a good school for those incoming students or present students. For those who do not know what field to go into or for those who would like to get their Associate degree first and then their Bachelors. But maybe most students attend this school or any other communtiy colleges is because they changed their major, which this is my reason why I transfered to this community college from a University.

Having this semester being my first time going to a Community College, it is a big transition and one of the most frustrating thing about this school would be how unprepared this school was when I first came in. For instance, the Financial Aid Office needed my transcript from my old University so that they could approve of my Federal Pell Grant. I sent them my transcript a month earlier before school started and they have not checked my transcript for my financial aid to go through. This has been very frustating but I have been patient towards this.

Christian

NWACC is full of amazing teachers that are always willing to work with the students and help them to achieve their educational goals in any way that they can.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have a lot to say. I would start off by telling myself to not be so lazy and fill out the FAFSA, it's not that hard an application. I would also make sure that I started school right after graduation. I would then tell myself to not let a job get in the way. I should accept my scholarships and go to college even if it means going to another state. Most importantly, I would tell myself to not get distracted by guys. It is hard to go to school while raising children. Though I would not change anything from past, I would have a lot to say to myself if I could go back in time.

NWACC is just a great school in general. They have up-to-date facilities and amazing teachers. They also work closely with the U of A and have good transfer services. The four deck parking garage allows for plenty of parking and the student center is a great place to hang out and meet other students.

Dawn

I enjoy the smaller classes. I feel that I can get the answers I need, being a non-traditional student, by being in the smaller class size. I also have been greatly impressed by how helpful all the NWACC staff have been. I am so glad I decided to return to school and picked NWACC as my college.

Since I am a single parent in her mid 30's, I would go back and tell my teenage self to go to college after high school. I would say that a college education will open doors to a better future for her and the child she will have someday. That her son won't have to watch her struggle to pay bills and put food on the table for 10 years if she goes to college and gets her RN before starting life as an independent woman. I would also say that fear can be a motivator or a hinderance and that she must decide how she will use it because it is a part of life: fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear of being different. I would say to use it to propel you to be all you dream of being. That the worst fear is when you have someone depending on you and you don't have all the resources to care for them as they deserve. I would tell me then, as I tell me now, that there is so much more in you than you know and go find out who you can be.

It is a community of diverse people sharing a common goal of being the person they want to be to further the good of humanity.

NorthWest Arkansas Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.