Bentonville, AR
NorthWest Arkansas Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend NorthWest Arkansas Community College

Kimberly

When I was a high school senior, I was so excited to be going to college because I had everything planned out. Telling everyone that I was going to major in PrePharmacy, join the right sorority and enjoy the college life. Being in college for almost three years, I changed my major from PrePharmacy to Biochemistry to Nursing and deactivated myself from Chi Kappa Rho. I was naive and thought that I had my college career planned out. So as I think about what advice I would give to myself, I would say "Think hardly about what you really enjoy and want to do for the rest of your life. Don't just have one straight path that you think is correct for you, but look at your options! Take an extra AP Chemistry course to see if you really are interested in this field." I would say something like that to myself if I could go back in time, but I wouldn't. My reason. Because going through the changes of major and being in a Christian like atmosphere plus being in a wonderful sorority, I have learned so much and grew into a mature and intelligent person.

NorthWest Arkansas Community College is a good school for those incoming students or present students. For those who do not know what field to go into or for those who would like to get their Associate degree first and then their Bachelors. But maybe most students attend this school or any other communtiy colleges is because they changed their major, which this is my reason why I transfered to this community college from a University.

Having this semester being my first time going to a Community College, it is a big transition and one of the most frustrating thing about this school would be how unprepared this school was when I first came in. For instance, the Financial Aid Office needed my transcript from my old University so that they could approve of my Federal Pell Grant. I sent them my transcript a month earlier before school started and they have not checked my transcript for my financial aid to go through. This has been very frustating but I have been patient towards this.

Christian

NWACC is full of amazing teachers that are always willing to work with the students and help them to achieve their educational goals in any way that they can.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have a lot to say. I would start off by telling myself to not be so lazy and fill out the FAFSA, it's not that hard an application. I would also make sure that I started school right after graduation. I would then tell myself to not let a job get in the way. I should accept my scholarships and go to college even if it means going to another state. Most importantly, I would tell myself to not get distracted by guys. It is hard to go to school while raising children. Though I would not change anything from past, I would have a lot to say to myself if I could go back in time.

NWACC is just a great school in general. They have up-to-date facilities and amazing teachers. They also work closely with the U of A and have good transfer services. The four deck parking garage allows for plenty of parking and the student center is a great place to hang out and meet other students.

Dawn

It is a community of diverse people sharing a common goal of being the person they want to be to further the good of humanity...

Since I am a single parent in her mid 30's, I would go back and tell my teenage self to go to college after high school. I would say that a college education will open doors to a better future for her and the child she will have someday. That her son won't have to watch her struggle to pay bills and put food on the table for 10 years if she goes to college and gets her RN before starting life as an independent woman. I would also say that fear can be a motivator or a hinderance and that she must decide how she will use it because it is a part of life: fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear of being different. I would say to use it to propel you to be all you dream of being. That the worst fear is when you have someone depending on you and you don't have all the resources to care for them as they deserve. I would tell me then, as I tell me now, that there is so much more in you than you know and go find out who you can be.

I enjoy the smaller classes. I feel that I can get the answers I need, being a non-traditional student, by being in the smaller class size. I also have been greatly impressed by how helpful all the NWACC staff have been. I am so glad I decided to return to school and picked NWACC as my college.

Angela

-Inexpensive tuition -Very friendly and knowledgeable professors and administrators -Colorful people from all backgrounds -Flexible schedules

There are other colleges out there that are completely different from the universites. At NWACC, just about everyone is extremely friendly, the teachers treat you like human beings instead of a stupid teenager, the schedules are very flexible, there are plenty of opportunites for tutoring or any other type of help you might need. Plus, the students are like you. They're there because they WANT to be there and they're ready to leave the drama and other shenanigans from High School in the past. Not to mention the tuition is very inexpensive.

-Someone who thinks they can slide by on their duties as a student just because they play sports -Someone who think's they're better than everyone else -Someone who works full-time

Tammy

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would convince myself to take the ACT test and focus more on grades. I would talk myself out of working and goofing off so much. I would tell myself to go talk with the counselor about my options and have him/her help me set up some goals for my future.

The worst thing about my school is the books are so expensive. I think all colleges charge to much for their books and then when you return them for refund you dont get much back and the book is still new.

The most frustrating thing about my school is at the peak of enrollment they will have only one person working the windows at each of the stations when the lines are backed up and they know its gonna be busy.

Ia

My classmates are respectful and get along with other students and instructors.

My classmates are respectful and get along with other students and instructors.

NorthWest Arkansas Community College is best known for being the second - largest two-year community college in the state of Arkansas.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to focus more on my school work and listen to my teachers. They know more than we think. Always stay postive, even when things seem to be going wrong all the time and don't blame others for your failures for we could have put more effort in our work.

Northwest Arkansas Community College is best known for it's nursing program. Even though I am not a part of the Nursing Program, I feel priviledge to be a part of a college where it is visually evident that students strive for a successful future, as well as having instructors who work equally as hard to ensure the success of the their students.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about my future as a college student, I would tell myself to relax and continue to work hard. I always thought during high school that my good grades would get me a scholarship for my college education. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself that scholarships are not that easy to achieve. I would work a little harder on my ACT score, and try to get involved in more extra curricular activities. I would tell myself to relax and enjoy high school, because college is completely different. I would enjoy my high school friends just a little bit more, enjoy those curfews that I also thought were dumb, and I would keep a camera close to capture every moment.

I brag to my friends about how great the instructors are at Northwest Arkansas Community College. This is my last semester at the college, and I have to brag that every one of my teachers have gotten to know me as a person and are truely interested in my progress as a college student. While attending NWACC, I have not only learned about the basics of Biology, Algebra, and Literature, but I have gained a great amount of skills that will remain as a useful tool for me in my future as a student and as an employee.

Knowing what I know now about college and life in general there are alot of things that I would change if I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior. My senior year of high school I had intended on enrolling in college and taking my SATs, but everything changed when I got pregnant with my first child. I definently would have told myself to wait on that one. Not going to college right away was a mistake. Waiting 8 years caused me to forget alot of things so I had to relearn alot of stuff. I think if I could go back I would have told myself to focus more attention on my studies instead of concetrating on guys. I always did well in school, but if I would have devoted more time I would have done a lot better. I made sure to focus on classes that went with the degree that I chose so I would not have changed anything when looking at subjects taken. I would have saved more money to use while in college because you have every day needs to consider.

Whatever you do.. STAY IN SCHOOL!!! I don't want you to regret dropping out due to taking on too much, then 3 years later see that all your friends are graduating college while you are just a sophomore with several years left. Be dedicated to your work. Yeah, it's fun to play your first years of school, but when you realize that you want to get into medical school they are going to see that you chose to play instead of study. But then again, have as much fun as possible, but do so safely!

The best thing about my school is the teachers are there for the students. They actively try to engage the students in whatever it is they are teaching, and they do it with passion.

Any type of person should attend this school. Especially someone who is dedicated to bettering their mind and lifestyle.

Cynthia

A well-organized campus brimming with dedicated teachers and staff whose one goal is to provide students with learning for living.

I would probably tell myself to really take time and think about what I want to do in regards to attending college. I felt kind of rushed and decided on going to a school that didn't really feel like a good fit for me. I paid the non-refundable admittance fees and then decided that I didn't want to go there. Ultimately, I lost the chance to enter in the fall and had to enter into another school in the spring instead. However, the school that I'm in now is really good fit and is helping to get me ready for my transfer to a four-year university. Also, I would tell myself to go scholarship crazy and look for every scholarship that I could qualify for and apply for it as a senior. That way I could have some money saved up for when I did transfer and my tuition went up. Alas, the things you learn.

I brag about the variety in terms of courses available at the school. You can take online courses, on-campus courses, or even hybrid courses. Also, there are so many different classes to choose from and a lot of different degree plans that can be pursued such as aviation, nursing, computer programming, or you can get set up to go on to a four-year university. It's really awesome to go to a school that provides so much academic diversity.

NorthWest Arkansas Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.