Bentonville, AR
NorthWest Arkansas Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend NorthWest Arkansas Community College

Northwest Arkansas Community College is best known for it's nursing program. Even though I am not a part of the Nursing Program, I feel priviledge to be a part of a college where it is visually evident that students strive for a successful future, as well as having instructors who work equally as hard to ensure the success of the their students.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about my future as a college student, I would tell myself to relax and continue to work hard. I always thought during high school that my good grades would get me a scholarship for my college education. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself that scholarships are not that easy to achieve. I would work a little harder on my ACT score, and try to get involved in more extra curricular activities. I would tell myself to relax and enjoy high school, because college is completely different. I would enjoy my high school friends just a little bit more, enjoy those curfews that I also thought were dumb, and I would keep a camera close to capture every moment.

I brag to my friends about how great the instructors are at Northwest Arkansas Community College. This is my last semester at the college, and I have to brag that every one of my teachers have gotten to know me as a person and are truely interested in my progress as a college student. While attending NWACC, I have not only learned about the basics of Biology, Algebra, and Literature, but I have gained a great amount of skills that will remain as a useful tool for me in my future as a student and as an employee.

Knowing what I know now about college and life in general there are alot of things that I would change if I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior. My senior year of high school I had intended on enrolling in college and taking my SATs, but everything changed when I got pregnant with my first child. I definently would have told myself to wait on that one. Not going to college right away was a mistake. Waiting 8 years caused me to forget alot of things so I had to relearn alot of stuff. I think if I could go back I would have told myself to focus more attention on my studies instead of concetrating on guys. I always did well in school, but if I would have devoted more time I would have done a lot better. I made sure to focus on classes that went with the degree that I chose so I would not have changed anything when looking at subjects taken. I would have saved more money to use while in college because you have every day needs to consider.

Whatever you do.. STAY IN SCHOOL!!! I don't want you to regret dropping out due to taking on too much, then 3 years later see that all your friends are graduating college while you are just a sophomore with several years left. Be dedicated to your work. Yeah, it's fun to play your first years of school, but when you realize that you want to get into medical school they are going to see that you chose to play instead of study. But then again, have as much fun as possible, but do so safely!

The best thing about my school is the teachers are there for the students. They actively try to engage the students in whatever it is they are teaching, and they do it with passion.

Any type of person should attend this school. Especially someone who is dedicated to bettering their mind and lifestyle.

Cynthia

A well-organized campus brimming with dedicated teachers and staff whose one goal is to provide students with learning for living.

I would probably tell myself to really take time and think about what I want to do in regards to attending college. I felt kind of rushed and decided on going to a school that didn't really feel like a good fit for me. I paid the non-refundable admittance fees and then decided that I didn't want to go there. Ultimately, I lost the chance to enter in the fall and had to enter into another school in the spring instead. However, the school that I'm in now is really good fit and is helping to get me ready for my transfer to a four-year university. Also, I would tell myself to go scholarship crazy and look for every scholarship that I could qualify for and apply for it as a senior. That way I could have some money saved up for when I did transfer and my tuition went up. Alas, the things you learn.

I brag about the variety in terms of courses available at the school. You can take online courses, on-campus courses, or even hybrid courses. Also, there are so many different classes to choose from and a lot of different degree plans that can be pursued such as aviation, nursing, computer programming, or you can get set up to go on to a four-year university. It's really awesome to go to a school that provides so much academic diversity.

Tya

NorthWest Arkansas Community College is a fantastic school. The teachers are excellent, they are always willing to help and most will even stay after class to help. The school has many different opportunities to become involved. There are a lot of different clubs that students can join. The school also offers different services to its students, which include a learning lab, a math cafe, a library, a book store, and even a computer lab. The area that I like most about NWACC is the fact that while it is a small school there is a variey of cultures and opportunities.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would share some very important things. First, I would let myself know that all the hard work that I was doing in high school was worth it. That I might think that it was difficult now but that it would pay off. That I should always work hard to achieve my goals and to join clubs. Joining clubs will help one meet people with the same interests and form friendships. College life can be extremely difficult without friends, so make sure to form friendships. Another area is to use the services that the college provides if you need are struggling or if you need help. Also make sure to keep a planner or calendar with important dates on it, that way you know when everything is due. Another thing is what ever you do, do not procrastinate. Putting assignments off until the last minute will only cause stress and stress is not good. One last thing that I would tell myself is to stay true to myself, don't make stupid decisions. If you do all of this, then college will be a fantastic experience.

The most frustrating thing about NorthWest Arkansas Community College is that the number of enrolled students is climbing every semester. Sometimes it seems like the school is crowded. It is very difficult to find a parking space and the school even has a five story parking garage. Many times every parking spot in the parking garage is filled. I remember one report saying that the number of enrolled students had grown by 1000 students in one semester. Thus, the most frustrating thing about NWACC is how fast the college is growing, and that the college can't keep up.

My classmates are fun, intelligent, and helpful,so I know If I have a last minute question that I can count on them to help m...

My classmates are fun, intelligent, and helpful,so I know If I have a last minute question that I can count on them to help me.

The nursing program at NWACC is said to be better than even the University of Arkansas. The students at NWACC are very welcoming and always nice and ready to help. The teachers break everything down to make sure that everyone understands the material. They don't mind staying after class to help and even help when your at home via e-mail. I am a single mother, so I always have alot going on and the teachers take that into conceterration when planning their lessons, so those of us who have families will have no problem getting the work done.

Well, I got my GED, so If I could go back I would tell myself to stay in school. Don't drop out because it will make going to college way more difficult. They don't push you in high school just to be assholes. They do it to prepare you for the real world and for college. College is alot harder than high school so Its good to get prepared then. Don't take high school for granted. Learn everything you can from your teachers, because thay have alot to teach you. Alot more thatn you realize, and not just whatever subject they may teach but also some real life lessons. So when they get on your case about something its not because they hate you, it's most likly because they belive in you and know you can do better. So, trust me when I say to listen to them. Being popular or "cool" isn't always the best way to go, sometimes it pays to be a nerd or teachers pet. Your teaches have alot of wisdom to impart. Once again I say listen to your teachers, how much you learn from them might suprise you!

The great teachers, the small classes, and the friendliness of the community.

The great teachers, the small classes, and the friendliness of the community.

Relax have fun and don't always worry about how long college will take. College is a great time in life so enjoy it, but stay focused and work hard. It is an unforgettable experience.

The only thing that has upset me so far is them not offering certain classes in the spring. But that is true for any college.

Phillip

As I already said, it's an excellent two-year college that has a great nursing program, there are around 15,000 students which is a much higher number than many other two-year schools, and that number is constantly growing. I've noticed that a lot of the students here are returning/non-traditional students, which I personally think is a good thing -- more people that might not have had the time or a chance to go are taking that chance. The professors are great too, very involved and they really like to get to know their students.

I would tell myself to not wait, and to prepare a bit more for college. In high school I didn't think college was that big of a deal and I didn't prepare myself --- academically and otherwise --- for it. So, I would tell myself certainly to work harder in high school because it would have been better for my future college life.

Northwest Arkansas Community College is an excellent two-year college. It's great for undergraduate studies, and has a very good nursing program. The kind of person that should attend this school is one who is not quite decided on what they want to do yet, but still wants to continue their education, possibly by transferring to a 4-year school such as I am doing.

NorthWest Arkansas Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.