NorthWest Arkansas Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for NorthWest Arkansas Community College

Allison

I have had a wonderful experience at NWACC! If you're looking to be prepared upon transfer to a four year institution this is the place to be! There are numerous opportunities to get involved on campus, or within the community. The majority of their professors are top of the line. They also offer several certificate programs, such as PTA, that are nationally ranked.

Garon

NWACC is a smaller college, but that's an advantage. The small sizes allow for more personal lessons from the professors, and there is a wide enough variety of classes. The college has adequate art and theater facilities, but maybe not large enough for someone who is aiming for a career in art. The location is great, and there are campuses spread out around the Northwest Arkansas area, so everyone is within driving distance of some of the classes provided. Overall, I'd recommend NWACC, though preferably for those who want to move on to another college to advance their education.

McKenzie

Great school set on teaching students the greatness of learning and helping them to achieve their future goals however they can. Teachers are great and students are easy to talk to. Help is always given when needed. They are a little pushed with time, but always try to clear a spot for you to come in and take all the time you need.

Adrianna

NWACC is a great school, i was originally against going to NWACC because it was a community college but it's much better than I expected. The facilty member are usually very helpful, the classes are worthwhile, and the community is welcoming. NWACC provides the answer to any question fairly quickly. This school is a great way to ease yourself into the college world and to get your associates or trade certificate cheaper.

Alissa

I think for a community college this college is pretty good academic wise. The professors are on a one-to-one basis with you and care about each individual student. The campus is beautiful and very well kept. I think for someone who is looking to save money on their first two years of college then Northwest Arkansas Community College is an awesome place to go!

Gaylene

NorthWest Arkansas Community College is a great school to start a degree at. The courses offered help prepare students for technical positions as well as professional ones. Credits are transferable to other institutes of higher education if the student were to choose to pursue a higher degree. Class sizes are small and inclusive of all students. Tuition is also extremely affordable compared to other schools, proving that education does not have to be outrageously expensive.

Lyndsey

I love the small personal feeling of NWACC especially with the classes. The teachers I have had seem to really care about their jobs and invest in teaching their students. All the people I have met in my classes have become regular friends. There's are also lots of activities to get involved.

Michaela

My overall opinion of Northwest Arkansas Community College is that it's a really nice campus, somewhere to get you on your feet to start a degree, and near home, which will be a plus for me and my learning experience. I found that the campus is very welcoming and organized for students and faculty,

Zachery

I've loved Northwest Arkansas Community College. It's currently my second semester of my first year and the atmosphere is wonderful. The teachers are extremely helpful when it comes to in class and out of class questions. The class sizes are around 30 people or less which makes it feel like another family. The facilities here are very clean and up to date on electronics and materials. Staff and advisers are very helpful on making sure you are able to get the most out of your college experience.

Shyla

I think it is a good school. Like anything else you get out of it what you are willing to put in. In my opinion I have had a very good experience. The professors do a good job making the information easy to learn. There are many different styles of teaching available, and programs in place to help students to succeed.

Sterling

It's a great college for someone who needs to get into the hang of things! If your plan is to go straight into a university I highly recommend checking out nwacc first. I enojed this community college much more than my previous one. The professors care!

Matthew

Northwest Arkansas Community College has made a huge impact on my life, from the variable class time options, to multiple locations around Northwest Arkansas, and the perfect small class size. It was a huge jump from the 100-300 class size at the University of Arkansas. There is no housing at or for NWACC, but some of the local rental agencies run student specials and shortened terms. I cannot stress how amazing the class size change was, every professor knowing your name and actually starting to care about you, being willing to work with you on your grades at the end of the semester. You are never a number at NWACC. The campus is well taken care of, never trash floating around on the grounds, well maintained. They have new hammock stands for people to chill out on above the grassy parts of the grounds. There is a little convenience store type shop in the student center that carries lots of snacks for emergencies, different drinks and options for the health nut, and the energy junkie. Energy junkies can also get a good fix at the Puritain coffee bar most days. The advising staff lives in the second floor of the student center and are notorious for being booked well in advance, but when you can get an appointment with them, they work with you until whatever you need is sorted out and you leave feeling better than when you came in. As of yet, NWACC has been the best college I have ever been to, or visited, and holds up in comparison to my other college friends comparisons of their home colleges too.

Jana

Northwest Arkansas Community College is an extremely friendly and welcoming place to study. The instructors are engaging and available and the staff is very helpful. I feel that the overall academic experience will prepare students for work life or further studies.

great place to get the basic classes out of the way without having to give you frist born away to pay for classes. Its a good place to be why you find what you want to study for and the teachers will work with you, payment places are easy to pay with small payment plans that are easy to set up.

Bailey

I have gone to NWACC for about 4 semesters now and I can honestly say I love going here and get more than intended out of each class. I even transferred early to a 4 year university but enjoyed NWACC so much that I transferred back to finish my degree there.

Heather

It is one of the best community colleges in the state. Students and faculty are consistantly being friendly and welcoming to anyone that steps foot on campus. If you need help there is always someone right there rather it be faculty or one of the students.

Michaela

NWACC is a very convenient campus. All buildings are within walking distance, and there is also plenty of space to park. Professors, staff, and advisors are very helpful. When I tore my ACL and had back surgery, they were all there to help me with these accommodations.

It's a very good school. I like it particularly because I tried to go to a big university. I found I prefer the smaller classes, the friendly, more available, more easily reached teachers, It overall made me feel more welcome than the university I went to beforehand with its huge classes, more distant seeming teachers, and the initial feeling of being lost in a sea of a huge amount of new people. Last but not least, it doesn't hurt that it's actually more affordable to get credits that transfer for the same subjects at a particularly lower cost.

Olivia

While Northwest Arkansas Community College little underfunded and lacking because it's just that- a community college - the professors are great and truly desire the success of all their students. Students come from a wide range of backgrounds and lifestyles, which gives ample opportunity to meet new people and experience different cultures. Great class sizes and opportunities.

Jamie

It is a great community college. People can gain so much by attending this school even if it's just a school they are passing through on their way to another college. You can really tell that the professors care about you and how you do and the class sizes are great. We do have some campus events, although they are hard to know about a times. I do wish we did have more extracurricular actives on campus as well. It is overall a great college and I am happy with my decision to attend.

Josie

So far, so good. I've enjoyed my time on campus. I've had support from all the staff I've come into contact with. I've written for the newspaper for three months now and have gotten a lot of support from the staff as well. I'm also an honors student. Love the honors program and all of the opportunities that accompany it.

Emilia

Northwest Arkansas Community College is a highly regarded school in my books. The teacher-to-student ratio is very low and I feel as if I can come to my teachers for anything at anytime. The teachers there seem to truly care about my education and are always open to feedback.

Phuong

Great affordable college to start your education. The staff and professor are nice and always willing to help you. Students are friendly, most of them have full-time jobs so there are late classes available. But it's a small community college so there is no on-campus housing.

NWACC is a great school and I'm glad I decided to give it a chance. Like many people I originally sneered at the idea of attending a Community College, but I am now fully satisfied with my choice. I get to remain close to my house, am not forced to live on campus, and can have great freedoms in my choices. It is a great school with a great community and everyone is welcome there.

Madison

Northwest Arkansas Community College is a school where I feel that everyone learns efficiently and has a sense of belonging. Professors and all faculty all go out of their way to best help current and incoming students. The facility and campus of NWACC is very neat and kept clean. Each student is kind and willing to help out one another in class. As a student you are able to optimize your resources to ensure work and assignments are done efficiently and the material is clearly understood.

It's a great college to start out at. I plan to transfer to U of A and it's been perfect for me to be able to work and attend school! Plus, I've loved all my teachers thus far. They are very interested in student involvement as well as just getting to know you.

Marsha

If you are interested in Graphic Design, take your money elsewhere. I've found some of the professors in the Graphic Design department to be less than helpful. However, it looks like there will soon be a new department head so there might be some changes made eventually. Check it out first before enrolling in this school.

Kinley

NWACC has been a fantastic place for me to get my two year degree. The staff are helpful, have dependable office hours, and are quick to answer emails. The teachers are passionate about their subjects, and are always willing to take an extra step to help you learn. The school is located in Northwest Arkansas, a beautiful area that's bursting in culture and prosperity. Bentonville being it's hometown, the local celebrities the Waltons filled the community with biking trails, a surge of local businesses, and a state of the art Museum - Crystal Bridges - that's free to the public. Most classes at NWACC end up taking a field trip their at least once a semester, as there is so much to learn.

Kari

I love the college and everything I have experienced while being part of this college, everyone I have met is very helpful and nice. It has been easy and understandable while signing up and getting into the classes. I'm very thankful that there are colleges like this one.

Shelby

I enjoy going to NWACC! I think the school overall is a great place to start my education. I love that the classes aren't too big and they feel personal still. The teachers are awesome and very friendly. It is a very good school and I would recommend it to anyone furthering their education!!

MJ

I think the school is great especially for those who want to save money but still get a solid education. If you really want to save for important things such as advancing your education like attending medical school then going to NWACC is ideal for you.

Mikaela

Although I only stayed for at NorthWest Arkansas Community College, I really enjoyed my stay there. The classes weren't huge so the professors were able to really help students in the class room. Also, NWACC has an array of resources available for students to use, including the library and a VR set up. The staff is available most days in person to help with student questions and if not in person, the faculty members respond to emails, even if a response is slow to come.

Darrin

I love this school, It's been so great to come and learn here. I've made plenty of friends who are also very intelligent and who love to talk about school and also play a few games during the off time. The professors are excellent and I couldn't have asked for better.

Caelan

The school is a good one. We have lots of students, and it is easy to make friends, as everyone is friendly. there are policies about bullying, though there is the occasional rape. The professors like to joke, and will play Weird Al Yankovic for everyone to hear. I swear, if I hear "Dare to be Stupid" one more time...

Devin

NorthWest Arkansas Community College is a great college to attend for small class sizes and lower tuition. There aren't many sports offered on campus. The Professors are happy and eager to teach and make it a point to be available to you if you have any questions.

Henley

I believe that NWACC has a lot potential, but it's not willing to go the extra mile to help succeed to their best potential. In the culinary program, I think it's all about the parties and not the students. It would be nice to have chefs that are there for the students and not the paycheck.

Nikole

The school is always pushing for students to do their best and join the clubs they have to offer. I am apart of the national honors society of leadership and success and love getting emails reminding me to try my best and look forward to the school semester.

Victoria

It is a wonderful school. The professors are extremely caring and take time to get to know you. There are plenty of class time to choose even though it's a smaller school. They also have smaller alternate campuses nearby which makes learning super convenient. I definitely don't have anything bad to say about the school.

Amy

NWACC is an awesome university. The class sizes are smaller than a traditional college and their staff is very friendly and helpful in any way that they can. Campus life has a great vibe and you always feel safe. When you are first applying and trying to figure out financial aid and your class schedule, be sure to ask lots of questions. I cannot say enough good things about the staff, they will always help you and if they aren't able to assist in a situation, they are able to refer you to the right advisor or staff member.

Allison

I love Northwest Arkansas Community College. The overall academic environment is extremely great and I would highly recommend going here due to that the work you put in is what your grade will be. Failing is never an option here! Unfortunately, the school seems very one sided when it comes to politics, but do not let that bother you. People are here to learn and become educated for their careers.

joseph

my overall opinion of this school is amazing because this is a school anyone can come to and get a associates degree in 2 years easy and transfer to a 4 years school no problem. the community and atmosphere is just so friendly and amazing sign up and wont be disappointed.

Mashal

Best college, I’m sad that it’s not a four year college if it was, I think everybody would be wanting to go even people from out of state. The teachers and students are super friendly and awesome.

Anna

Its Great ! Even though In just an online student the professors are very helpful and reply to my questions fast and accurately .As an online student we use the program called canvas to do our work and I find it very easy to use, when I actually get my work done on time that is.If you have question about financial aid or admissions they make sure that they get to you on time and accurately. The bookstore at nwacc is very nice as well the textbooks are somewhat affordable with financial aid they do not break the bank.Since I am an online student as I have said earlier I do not have that much interaction daily with the professors/staff but when I visit to get paperwork or to get questions answered they are all very nice and helpful.The computer lab on campus that I used was very nice as well there were plenty of available computers and it was also partially empty so there was no wait. The worker was very helpful also.All of the facilities seem very nice and clean and well kept which was nice not having to worry about anything not working right. The only down side that I have with NWACC is the the fact that for parking you usually have to park pretty far out since most of the close parking spaces are saved for reserved parking. However even if you do have to park a ways the distance is still not really that bad.

Katelyn

For being a person of intense social anxiety, I love this college. It is small, easily accessible, and parking is extremely easy to find, with no payments or specific times you have to vacate. The professors that I have experienced seem to really enjoy their jobs and and they are easy to access outside of class.

lisa

Northwest Arkansas Community College is a wise choice for your first 2 years of college. Class sizes are small, the building and parking areas are easily accessible and professors are very engaged in your development. The University of Arkansas is only 30 minutes away and most classed at NWACC transfer. The academic counselors are very helpful as well!

Breanna

Northwest Arkansas Community College is a great campus and a good way for high school students to transition into college. The campus may not be big, but there are tons of people that attend here. The teachers care about your academic success and give lots of resources to aid you. My advisor experience has always been exceptional; they go above and beyond to help me succeed and direct me to get to where I want to be. Overall, NWACC has helped me better myself and my college career.

Danielle

The College campus there always something going on and student talking and have a great time. The class are good and you learn a lot. I've been there so for 2 semesters and it been pretty great.