Eugene, OR
Northwest Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwest Christian University

Samara

The past 3 years of attending NCU, I have grown to love it more and more. The professors genuinely care about their students and take the time to work with them if they are struggling. Along with the professors, the staff cares about the students - from residence life to career service and the IT department. Students walk on campus and feel welcomed and as if they belong. I hear stories of friend's at other universities and it continually affirms the fact that NCU is the place to be. If I had to redo college, I would not hesitate to return.

Katie

It is a good small school surrounded by a college town! I love NCU! It is very comfortable and welcoming!

The stereotype is that we are all Christian goodie-two-shoes. Which is not at all true, UO students never believe me when I tell them I go to NCU, which is free entertainment.

Strict and a lot of work but worth it! We have a high rate of finding a job out of school!

Joseph

A friendly enviornment which allows for the complete success and excellence of students, the majority of which are atheletes.

Learn to develop a carefree attitude. That will hold you back from so many things. If you get to a point where you can be carefree, everything seems to fit perfectly in place. You are able to balance the things that get thrown upon you in life with school, work and running, all without being stressed out. At the same time, you will no longer be afraid to try new things and make new friends. Remember that you don't finish in high school, you finish when you graduate college. Also never ever be afraid to ask for help when you need it. There is always someone there to help you through it all. That it all you need to be successful, money is not the ultimate goal. Enjoy yourself and those around you. Good luck.

The accessability that is made for students success. There are many opportunities for students to meet one on one with the faculty and staff, whether that be a professor or academic advisor. Do not be afraid to use those resources made avaliable to you.

Kelly

Since i'm an online student, I do not attend school in a classroom setting. However, i do take part in a weekly online meeting with my professor and any other student, within the same class, that participates in the meeting. I am in an excelerated program so half time enrollment is one class per eight week semester. The few classmates that i've chatted with, during the meetings, are young adults. Usually the professor does most of the talking, so I don't have many details to share about the students.

Going back in time to when I was in high school would be going back sixteen years. Advice, about college life, would be the beginning of many things I would give myself advice about. I do not have any experience with college life on a campus. I just started college, on line, one month ago. I have learned that online schooling has advantages and disadvantages. One of the advantages of online school is that a student has the flexibility to complete school work according to his or her schedule. This may be important if a student has a family, carreer or lives far away from the campus. One of the disadvantages of online school is the lack of interaction in the classroom which tends to be very helpful for a student's ability to learn. Whether online school is best for a student, or not, all depends on the student. If I could go back in time I would have first, told myself, to start college right away instead of waiting sixteen years. Then I would have told myself that online schooling would be more expensive, but offer me flexibility to work and pay for school.

I am an online student. The most frustrating thing about starting school online was the lack of preparation help for new students. Luckily I know a few other students who are attending NCU online as well. They have been able to help me learn some of the basics about learning how to use the NCU website. The other frustrating thing, is not the school itself, but the amount of time it's been since i've attended school which is sixteen years. It will take me a few months to get a routine down.

Guillermo

This school is a very small community which allows for everyone to be familiar with each other. This allows for us to become closer to one another and be positively involved in each others lives.

One thing I would tell my senior self is that college is going to be a one of a kind experience but with that said, there will definitely be some difficulties. That's ok though. Difficulties help shape who you become so don't fret when they arrive. Also, go with the flow and be a little more involved with your school and your community. There are also very many fast runners in Cross Country and Track. This will be nothing like high school running. So start training as soon as you can and push yourself even further than you originally would. Another big thing is to get a planner. There are so many things you are going to have to juggle such as sports, school, work, homework and projects so you need to make sure you have adequate time to do each one. You will thank me later. And finally, don't break your habit of going to Church consistently. College life can get rough and you will need to lean on God more than you ever have before.

A person shouldn't attend this school if they are unsure with what they want to do in their life and have no desire or motivation to pursue their calling.

Nicholas

It is a liberal arts University with an emphasis on Christianity that devotes its education to furthering wisdom, faith and service from its graduates.

To begin, I would incourage myself to graduate. I would explain the fact that Higher Education requires the ability to follow through with plans, and to set goals with definate ends. The truth is that for College to be successful, I need a plan for working after college. Relationships that are made all throught my education is critical to being productive. Stick with it Nicholas, and work hard; do not give up!

I do not find my school to be a frusterating place to be. I spend the majority of my time at this University and if I dedicated myself to thinking negativly about it; my time here would grow increasingly difficult.

Patricia

NCU is a small christian school that is easy to blend into. There is always someone to hand around with and you will be so strongly connected to your classmates that there will always be someone to help you out when you are struggling with homework.

If I were to speak to eighteen year old Patty within me I would give her one immense piece of advice: avoid procrastination as much as possible. Avoiding procrastination is simple; chip away at the project little by little. By doing this Patty can avoid many stresses. For one, one could avoid having to stay up for 24 hours straight the day before the project is due. Avoiding this marathon of homework would help to keep my body well rested and, thus, keep my immune system strong and readily able to fight infections; all it does is take one night to send a healthy body out of whack. Secondly, chipping away at the project would help the overall broad scheme of the project. Eighteen year old Patty may think it is easier to sit and put up a marathon of homework but it definitely isn’t. Taking the time to sit and think lets every thought be processed. Lastly, and most importantly, not procrastinating saves you the pain of staying up with one’s peers. This way one avoids the griping and complaining of everyone else and can just carry one with their worry free lifestyle.

The best thing about my school is all the activities that are planned out for the students to enjoy. There is always something to do on Friday nights so that one does not need to socum to the pressure of the cliche college student life.

Jordan

Knowing all the hardship I've gone thought to just be here in this state, this has been the best growing experience for me in my life thus far. I'll prepare my past self not in what issues are going to come up, money problem, classes, dramm, working, and so all the other crap but to always kept in mind that it will be all worth it in the end. In life we cant look forward and understand how things work out, its when we turn around and see how the small/big things impacted our way of thinking to make us the people who we are today. That is what I've gained with going to school here. Along with my dregee ,that's great to have, I have also gained a work ethic that I know I developed from dealing with all the stuff I have put up with in my whole life, involving college.

Being in a small school allows for teachers, staff, and students alike to really get to know the community they are in. This is by far the best thing about Northwest Christian University

Many people at are school are very cloesed minded and get a renforment that they dont have to change but to world needs to. People need to understand the job field is not going to do what ever it can to protect you from bad things. This is what my school does to many students. Harsh, but sadly the truth. I would say this is the worst things about them.

david

Attending a two-year college would not be the first choice for many, especially me, it was a very enlightening experience. It provided me with the insight that college was not about the partying but about the education. Originally I attended a 4-year university . I attended school for about a semester until my fathers business fell apart with the economy and he was no longer able to pay for my tuition. Since then I have been paying to attend a local community college and although the tuition is much lower then a 4-year school I have been working a variety of part-time and full-time jobs just to cover the costs. I feel that education is the most important thing for a person and feel that the experience of having to pay for college on my own is experience almost as valuable as a college education. Now that I am furthering my eduaction at a 4-year university I am finding it difficult to afford the cost of tuition with no assistance, but I am glad that I have had the experience of paying for my two-year degree and have learned the value of education.

Northwest Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.