Northwest Christian University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Northwest Christian University

Sierra

Northwest Christian University is a great university to attend. The class sizes are perfect size to get the information you need, and to get to know your professors an classmates. The professors are very outgoing and always on-hand to help! There are many opportunities to join clubs and other extracurricular activities and many community service opportunities as well. The campus is lovely, everything is in walking distance if needed. If not, so many are there to help! There are always security guards always on duty and there if needed. I recommend Northwest Christian University to others, it is a fantastic university to attend.

Rebecca

Northwest Christian University is a great school that cares about developing students academics and faith. The class sizes are perfect to get the help you need from dedicated professors, and the size of campus helps to feel close to everyone around.

Emma

It is not a bad school. It is an older school and they are working on updating it and making more room for more students. It has its good qualities and some that need a little help, but that is what makes it unique. It is next to University of Oregon so we get their campus life incorperated into ours.

Maria

I love Northwest Christian University. It allows to learn much more than ever before. I have attended a community college before transferring to NCU and NCU have been so far one fo my favorite experience of my life. Along with just being a student, I work on campus which allows to me to grow and learn even more.

Emma

NCU is a fairly welcoming community. They are always looking for ways to improve the campus life and make things easier for students on and off campus. The faculty take time to get to know the students, and not just the teachers. You could be walking across campus and the president would say hello and chat if he had a spare second. It is not just for religious students, the campus welcomes those that don't have a religious background or believe and encourages everyone to be their own person. Just be smart about being your own person and you will have the entire campus' support.

Alex

I love everything about this school. The student body is welcoming and encouraging, the overall atmosphere is very caring and committed to helping each person individually on their journey both academically and spiritually. If I am going through something that makes keeping up in classes a little more difficult, there are many resources and faculty members that are open to sharing a meal and helping me figure it out. The community outreach of NCU is so phenomenal and the open hearted attitude of everyone here makes this school one of the best places I have ever been.

Great school for academics because of small class sizes and competent, caring professors! Also, there is always advisors available to help keep you on track. In relation to campus life, there are plenty activities going on, but the campus food isn't the best in my opinion.

Samara

The past 3 years of attending NCU, I have grown to love it more and more. The professors genuinely care about their students and take the time to work with them if they are struggling. Along with the professors, the staff cares about the students - from residence life to career service and the IT department. Students walk on campus and feel welcomed and as if they belong. I hear stories of friend's at other universities and it continually affirms the fact that NCU is the place to be. If I had to redo college, I would not hesitate to return.

Simon

I am currently a freshman and came to Northwest Christian University after attending public school in Washington. At first i was scared of the change of going to a private school but my transition here was amazing. The staff and students do an amazing job of making students feel important and wanted. Everyone at the school feels like family to me, and coming here this is exactly what i wanted. I have already made friends that i can call brothers and sisters for life. Having such a great environment of people around me makes me feel like home and that is very important for me. With the classroom I am having a great experience as well. The smaller class sizes are amazing because you feel a lot more engaged with the lectures and it is way easier to pay attention. The teachers also get to know you which I find is nice because i can tell that they really care about you. I also play soccer here and the group of guys they brought here are really amazing. Not only on the field but off the field as well. I look at them as my second family. As you can see coming to Northwest Christian University was an amazing choice.

Keri

Northwest Christian University is a college where I have learned more than just things that would benefit my education. I have learned that there really are professors that care about you and want to help you. Also, the people that attend this college are some of the most caring and friendly people in the world.

Fernanda

I really like how NCU is a small private school with so many opportunities to get help such as tutoring and online options for textbooks and such. I really like the class average and the people on campus so far, it’s beginning to be a great life to be part of.

Juan Carlos

Northwest Christian University is not like the typical place one can imagine, which makes it very special. It is a relatively small campus, but everyone knows one another and help each other move forward. The environment is amazing, we are in Eugene, Oregon right across the street of University of Oregon. There are tons of great food places and shops when feeling hungry. Although we attend Northwest Christian University, we get a little taste of the University of Oregon campus. There is lots of diversity and great people to engage with, I love it.

Kylie

NCU is the school of my dreams. We have a 12 to 1 student to teacher ratio. It's a tight and close-knit community. We live and love to serve others. We believe in the teachings of the Bible and we strive to be more and more like Christ everyday. The food is great. Oregon is gorgeous and downtown Eugene is definitely stunning! Plenty of places to hike and explore. Our professors are very personable and they genuinely care for the students personal and academic needs. They are true blessings. This school really makes you feel like your home, your important, your cared for, and that you belong here! Could not have gone to a better college!

Raegan

Northwest Christian University is a faith-centered campus where education and culture is fostered. The school provides a place in which a student can come to the city of Eugene and experience the typical college atmosphere that is produced by the University of Oregon, and simultaneously experience the intimate benefits and blessings that Northwest Christian University brings to the table. The University strives to engage students in five aspects of life including social, physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. The Office of Student Life produces many activities including the weekly “Beacon Nights” that offer a fun and free activity ranging from bowling and trampoline parks, to prayer nights and local outreach events. Biweekly chapels are held in which incredible worship is provided by the talented students enrolled in the University’s own music department, and the on campus pastor will deliver a college related sermon or invite speakers from around the world to speak into the students lives. To touch on the physical aspect of campus, Northwest Christian University has many sports including a nationally renowned Women’s Cross Country team. The University also hosts intramural sports for the non-athletes who have a competitive edge. Northwest Christian University’s academics are nurtured by petite class sizes, and staff and faculty that care greatly for the well being of each and every one of their students. The programs offered might be limited, but the faculties are passionate and enrich the offered programs with their wisdom and experience. Northwest Christian University is a remarkable school where any one can find a niche and thrive in the quirky city of Eugene.

Jordyn

Northwest Christian University is a great school based on wisdom, faith, and community. Students never feel alone and there are always people available to talk or help when needed. There are always fun activities to participate in or watch. The staff and Professors are awesome and always willing to help or discuss material when convenient for you. Chapel is held every Tuesday and Thursday which allows students to feel connected spiritually, but faith is not pressured on students. I couldn't name a better school. This is home!

Jacob

Northwest Christian University is a great school if you are looking for a good education, meaningful relationships, and a smaller campus. There are few students but it is next door to the University of Oregon. This state school is very large and has plenty of activities you can slip right in to if you desire.

Rebecca

The teachers are very available and helpful, and with small class sizes, you really feel as though you are getting the most out of your education. The food is excellent since we have personal chefs due to the small school size. The dorms and apartments on campus are affordable and nice to live in. The campus is a tight-knit community, and we all support one another. Sports games are one of the highlights of the week, and there is a fun campus event each Friday, like bowling or laser tag, that is free to everyone. All around a wonderful school.

Molly

Teachers are always there for the students and class sizes are small so it allows for a more genuine interaction. You can tell people really want to be there and engage in their faith and encourage others to do so as well. Overall I am very happy I chose the school that I did.

Malia

I am a newly enrolled student, so my classes have not started yet. So far I have loved my decision of transferring to NCU. The staff has been so wonderful in helping me get registered, and choosing a program for which will help me be successful in graduating, as well as after graduating, all while working with my personal life with work and being a single parent. I cannot wait to get started with classes here!

Joseph

The spiritual life is here if you are looking for that. However, the school is so small it is lacking in funds and programs. The biology/science program is severely lacking and the curriculum was more challenging at my high school. The communications program is excellent and the professor that head the department is overqualified. The campus housing is an issue and the people in student life are not very willing to change policies or the living conditions. It is hard for students with disabilities to be accommodated. The buildings are old and do not have elevators. The is also no air conditioning in the older buildings. The food is surprisingly good. Not the best, but ranks pretty good considering the small size, although they do accommodate those with dietary restrictions, it is difficult for those people that do.

My overall opinion of NCU is it’s a wonderful school. You can live the small D2 college life with all the D1 accessories. The class room sizes are perfect for someone who want to know their classmates and professor. Overall it’s a great school for someone who wants to get a great education while being involved.

Kaitlynn

The small campus allows students to make more lasting connections among each other; it is hard to have a conversation with someone and not see them later. Everyone is very friendly as well, which is great for making you feel at home when you're and out of state student such as myself. Campus life provides lots of activities to participate in on the weekends, letting students have a place to hang out with each other and do something fun in a safe environment.

Kaitlyn

I love the school. Everyone is extremely nice and welcoming. I can’t wait to become a student here and further my education. The professors I have met and the staff are very welcoming and willing to help with anything. The coach I will be playing for has also been extremely welcoming.

Kaylin

I began my college education at NCU not knowing what to accept or even another student planning on attending. I felt alone, scared and unprepared. Home was 15 minutes away, but living on campus and being away from my mom for the first time was a terrifying feeling. I'll never forget move in day, getting everything sorted then her going to leave and me crying while asking her to stay. I was never an emotional person, but this whole experience was completely overwhelming. Then college began. All at once I was emerged into a new group of people; a dorm hall I considered family, kitchen staff who remembered my breakfast order, teachers I considered friends and faculty members I viewed as mentors. There was never a question I couldn't ask or a moment of time that couldn't be sparred. Every person on that campus wanted me to succeed in school and in life. The president knew me by name, every teacher I spoke with would remember personal details I would tell them. A Theology professor even asked me moths later about a cruise I had mentioned my grandma was taking and if she enjoyed it. I was given every opportunity to succeed, I couldn't recommend NCU enough nor will I ever stop recommending it. Going to school to learn is one thing, but going to school to learn to be a better human is another. The school teaches us not only education but also service and community. You truly cannot walk down a hallway without someone saying hello to you. You professors become your friends, its always first name bases. They fill your brain with knowledge while taking the time to individualize your education and get to know you. I was never made to feel like a number or a fish lost in the ocean.