Northwest College Top Questions

Its really not that scary, you will get use to being away from family. You will make friends and it won't be as hard as you think. Its way better than High school and they have more food options in the cafeteria.

Cailee

I started out at Weber State University. I went there knowing only a few people. It was really hard not having friends and family. At the beginning, I hated it and made a plan to come back closer to home. By the time I was leaving, I was trying to change plans to stay there; I had made some great friends and didn't want to leave. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that I will eventually adjust so I need to stick with whatever I'm doing for more than a semester. Also, I would tell myself I needed to be more outgoing and talk to people I wanted to make friends with sooner.

Teresa

1. College offers both learning and fun--have a balance of both, don't neglect one or the other! 2. Study for the knowledge and understanding, not for the grade--if you are in it for the knowledge, the grade will take care of itself. (When the prof asks, "Any questions?" DON'T ask, "What do I have to know for the test?" They hate that...) 3. Take care of your health: eat regularly, try to get enough sleep (most of the time), and make time for exercise.

Daniel

If I was presented with the chance to travel through time and revisit myself as a high school senior I would give myself the advice about scholarships. I would tell myself to fill out as many scholarships that I was eligable for. I would convince myself that by having money in college is better than not having money in college. I know that money is not the key to happiness but it helps to make new memories. By having more money I could go out and enjoy participating in the outdoors and make new friends in the process. I could assist people on getting out of there three hundred sqaure foot room and go skiing, snowboarding, rock climbing, golfing, hiking, boating, water skiing, fishing, hunting, and much much more because these are the thing I love. I would not be so hesitant to go and have a simple cup of hot coco with friends just of financial issues. I could help myself and others to create wonderful memories. Only if I had a time machine.

Alexandria

If I were to go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now, I would start by telling myself to read, study, to explore. I would tell myself there is so much in this world to start learning about and understanding. I would tell myself to do some soul searching and take a trip internationally over the summer after high school. I would emerse the senior of myself into the culture, into a new outlook on life. I would tell myself to save up money and spend it on an adventure after high school. I would say get ready mentally for college and to "search for scholarships, dont be afraid of them, seek out knowledge and learn about college life and get advice on financial information, campus activities and even work study positions. I would tell myself to be brave but prepare, and always be humble and smile along the way.

Kristian

If I could go back and address myself as a high school senior I'd tell myself to stop being afraid of the world. I'll be the first to admit that prior to coming to college I had a fear of rejection. Because of that fear I was constantly doing things for other people. One of the biggest reasons I attended school in Powell is because my best friend was here and I did not want to be alone. However, I realize now that if you don't aim high, you will miss low. There is a quote; "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." I would tell myself to live by this motto without regrets. I'd make sure I knew that life is scary only if you let it be. I would say to live with a ?joie de vivre? and to take on challenges head first. The biggest lesson I'd teach myself would be if you take life too seriously you will end up living and incomplete one. I'd write "be fearless, confident, driven" on the message in the bottle I sent through that wrinkle in time.

tylor

The biggest thing I would tell my self is to stick it out and do college. I waited till I was 25 years old to go and finish school and I think that it would have been much easier to do it right out of high school. I would also tell myself to start taking some college corses while I was a senior that way I could have a jump start and have some idea what to expect in a college class and I would see that they are not that much tougher than the classes I was in at the time so ther is nothing to worry about.

Toni

I would tell myself as a high school senior to take more initiative in my learning experience before going to college. When I was a senior in high school, I was able to graduate early, but never took any early college courses to prepare myself for college. I was never that involved in extra cirricular activities either, getting involved in these activities allows you to become more active and involved during college on teams and in sports. I would tell myself to be more involved and this would help make the college experience that much more rewarding. The biggest advice I would have given myself was to save, save, save! I had a job in high school, but I didn't realize how important it was to save for college. Every little bit counts.