Northwest Florida State College Top Questions

elizabeth

The worst thing about my school is that the professors are hard to communicate with in the Distance Learning Program. They don't always get back to you in a reasonable amount of time.

Amy

There isn't a school gym for working out leisurely. There are weight rooms and fitness rooms for classes and sports teams. It would be nice to have free access to an on campus gym instead of paying for one in the community.

avianna

The worst thing about my school is that when i try to pickit from a list it is rarely ever there. I actually go to Northwest florida state college, but it wasn't listed. It makes it very difficult to research things like scholarships when I can not input the actual school that I want to get funding to go to. Many websites, ike this one, make you choose before you can proceed, so I had to ick a college that I dont even attend.

Melissa

I disliked the math teachers. Most were unable to teach to students that didn't excel in math, I had to repeat several classes because I couldn't grasp the material being taught by the professor.

Kayla

Honestly, there are very few things that I don't like about my school. However, if I had to choose one thing I dislike I would say the size of the school. I like that it is a small college and everything is close together and easy to find, but I wish that there were more students to interact with. Other than that, I can't think of anything wrong with the school I attend.

One negative about Okaloose Walton College is the location of the main campus. To get the the main campus (Niceville) students who live in other surrounding cities must pay a toll bridge fee. Each time a student attends class, they must pay three dollars round trip. For students who attend school three days a week, that is roughly nine dollars a week. If a student is on a tight budget, it could possibly discourage a student to attend the college.

Lisa

Some teachers in the humanities and social sciences departments, as passionate as they are, can be strongly biased regarding their subject. This results in a dilemma for the students as to whether they want to compromise their own perspective to earn a good grade--only regurgitating the teacher's views. Or they take the chance of jeopardizing a good grade because they maintain their view, which differs from the instructor. My friend asked an innocuous question during a lecture, but the professor took offense. She said the student was treading on dangerous ground.

The four year programs are just being introduced....I wish they had a few more degrees to choose from.

Lindsey

no football team, no colorguard, no band... and a lack of extra-curricular activities

Gabrielle

The amateur atmosphere.

Melinda

Being a small college it does not yet have dorms or feel of a regular university, which is a drawback when you'd like to live on campus and be a part of a large student community for that "real college" experience.