Northwest Florida State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Northwest Florida State College

Jamir

When I first thought about life after high school, I was quite terrified. I had no idea what to expect, save for the movies and television shows I had watched. So far, I have enjoyed my experience at Northwest Florida State College. There is a calm air to the school, one that makes education as a priority feel very easy to accomplish.

Skylar

Since I started applying for classes I have been welcomed and helped readily. My last college left me struggling and confused with how to continue. NWFS made sure to help me out with getting the correct advisor to help me with my classes. The teachers and super informative and nice and user interface for online classes is great. Thanks guys

kiera

This is a pretty great school. There are multiple degrees one can take classes and achieve. There isn't a football team but there are many other sports to be involved in. The professors are great and are really involved in what they do. This is a good school to go to.

Ashleigh

I have enjoyed Northwest Florida State College. Throughout my almost two years at the school, I have only had one bad teacher. That is a pretty rare thing. Although there is no campus housing, I have enjoyed being on campus. The class sizes are small, but it gives the teachers more opportunities to work one on one with their students, and also gives the students more opportunities to meet one another and form friendships. I have so far enjoyed the classes and the teachers, and actually am excited for my classes each semester. My love of learning has grown significantly, and I believe it is due to the amazing learning opportunities at Northwest Florida State College.

Alondra

The college is great overall. Security can be better at all times because sometimes it feels unsafe. There should be more guidance in relation to the careers someone wants to take so they don't feel lost. Teachers are great too. More benefits would be very helpful.

Katie

Its a great school for the people like me who need a degree with out the hustle and bustle of a big university. its inexpensive and the teachers are there to help you succeed. The campus is always clean and all the staff are very friendly. Amazing degree programs for every field of study.

Rafael

It is a very good school.

Lydia

The faculty and staff make the difference here. If it weren't for all the helping hands, I wouldn't be as successful as I am today. Northwest is special because everyone you meet on your journey is going to do their best to make sure you are successful, taking their time to make sure you get the help you need. The class sizes are cozy, the teachers are great, and you receive a quality education at NWFSC.

Luke

Northwest Florida State College is a great place to begin college because of its small, learning-oriented environment and its comfortable setting in close proximity to Destin. Few colleges have the same availability of professors and other resources for students as NWFSC.

It's good for a 2 year community college. Especially for dual enrollment it's great! Dual kids are treated just the same as the other college students. It's amazing that dual enrollment is totally free as well. However, if a student does not dual enroll they aren't too bad with prices and stuff like that. I know that they are trying to move to paperless books. I love that!

Eilish

Northwest Florida State College has been a great first step in the rest of my college career. Myself and others have that it has catered to our need on both a personal and academic level, despite how different those needs are. Each of my professors are involved and want their students to pass. The tuition is extremely affordable and learning experience is very impressive for the cheaper price.

Melanie

It is a beautiful school with a lot of opportunities for growth and education. The professors are typically friendly and willing to help outside of office hours. The campus is small but clean and well kept. There is always space to study and to grab a coffee on campus. For a state college I can't ask for more and I always feel secure walking around at night. Very friendly, quaint.

Excellent starter school! Especially for the collegiate high school students, who are in almost every class I personally attended! The classes are interesting and make you feel like you've learned something by the end of them. Also great professors and extra activities!

NWFSC has been an excellent place for me to begin my college experience, and to get started in my college education. My professors have always been willing to help me, and are available to be reached. The campus has great resources, and the locations available to study at are reasonable and accessible.

Bryana

My only opinion is that we do not have dorm rooms but we pay for it in our tuition.

Holly

Great local school. Great staff and students! The professors seem to really care about their students and their academic success. The campus is very pretty, kept up and easily accessible. The buildings are well maintained. The smaller classroom sizes are really good for first time college students.

Justin

Northwest Florida State College is a great beginner college. It allows students to get a feel for the college atmosphere while also letting them get a great education like you could receive at any major university. The class sizes are just right and not too large to where you fee a disconnect with your classmates and professor. There are great on campus facilities that are offered to current students. The selection of professors is outstanding. It gives students the freedom to choose who they take which allows them to tailor their professors to their learning style. I am currently taking classes at the Niceville campus. Northwest has campuses in several surrounding areas that allow students who don’t live in Niceville to get an education at their convenience. This is really helpful. I have take. One class at the Fort Walton Beach campus which was not offered at the Niceville campus. This was not an issues because the campus was only 10 or 15 minutes from my house. Recently I have been trying to get in shape by eating better and going to the gym. The campus gym is perfect for me. It allows me to do cardio as well as lift weights after my preworkout excercises. I have access to it whenever I please as long as I have my student ID. The gym is not really crowded which allows me to have a quick but beneficial workout. I am really enjoying Northwest Florida State College and look forward to continuing my education here.

Olivia

The professors are definitely the best part of this college. Almost every professor I have interacted with has been extremely understanding and are just great professors. They will go the extra mile to help a student and they treat us like normal college students and I really appreciate that.

Carlee

The college has a nice campus and most people are very professional. The people I have spoken with have also been extremely helpful in helping me with my admissions process. They always leave me feeling confident that I have all my questions answered.

Rubina

It’s a great college to go to and it is very affordable and you can still get the same degree as in any other college. It is also very welcoming and the housing isn’t too bad as I seen From my campus visit. The administration is great and they have you the right information making it easier for me to choose this as my top school to go too

My opinion of Northwest Florida State College is that it is a good 2 year college to attend and is very personable. The teachers are educated and willing to go out of their way to help you achieve. The campus is very accessible and clean, the police officers are also always willing to help.

Ivy

Northwest Florida State College is a great school that has great professors, students, and academics. While there aren't any dorms, and not really much to do except go to the gym and cafeteria, studying here is great especially if you are not sure what it is you want to study or just to save some money.

Julianna

Firstly, there are very few opportunities for vegan food at the college. More importantly, professors don’t seem interested in their jobs or subjects. Finding teachers that are passionate about their work is key for improving a student’s experience at this school. In addition, availability of sports and teams could be greatly expanded upon. The gym is subpar and there are few opportunities to join athletics. Despite this, the school is welcoming to high school students and collegiate students that are looking for a degree. NWFSC is overall a good school to go to for a two year degree.

Angela

This community college a great place to start and all the people are very friendly. Very easy to find things around the campus. This college counselor are always willing to help you with any issues you have. The teachers always email you back in a timely manner.