Bellingham, WA
Northwest Indian College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwest Indian College

Jason

Northwest college is above my standards especially with the lack of equipment and large funding like regular universities. I believe their professors are knowledgeable in their expertise and they always try and make themselves available. Housing is awesome as well. They have a great staff that really cares about your well being and education.

Akasha

I've had an absolutely daunting time trying to get adjusted, but the whole team here at Northwest Indian College are so active in being support and help for each student.

MICHAEL

My major is actually Tribal Governance & Business Management, and I am only a few quarters away from graduating with my Bachelors Degree! I love the NWIC campus, but take most of my classes through their excellent Video Conferencing, distant learning classes. It is amazing that we can utilize technology to take classes anywhere and still have the classroom feel, interaction, and collaboration with other students. I have loved attending this college and it will be bittersweet when I graduate and move on to a Masters Degree. I would recommend NWIC to any student, but especially looking for an Associates or Bachelor Degree in business management, environmental science, or cultural sovereignty.

Jason

Northwest Indian College is a good school to attend. Being on the Lummi reservation gives a sense of being at home (if you're from a reservation). I also believe that the campus atmosphere is welcoming and the university staff is willing to help and assist all students.

jenny

I love NWIC. Northwest Indian College is a tribal school and because it is tribally funded, there are some things we do not have readily available in lab and we don't always have fancy equipment. However, whatever we lack in money, we make up in community. I know all my teachers by their first name and have never gone hungry when I could not afford lunch. We take care of each other here. Like any school, there are some disfunction's, but I have always felt like my voice mattered. The cost of attendance is also very low.

I Think Northwest Indian College is best known for the Rocket Club, our rocket club just recently had a rocket go super sonic and it is now in the meseum and they also work with Nasa and other schools around the country but the best part is building of the rockets and learning about the different things it can do and they also build other stuff for other places that come forward and ask for them to do different things.

The Best Advice i can give to myself is start doing scholarships as early as you can because if you dont you will struggle thoughout all of college

I dont concider anything bad about this school i love it here the enviroment is fantastic, the Teachers are wonderful and very helpful and you always have someone to go to if you ever need help with anything.

Danielle

Go to college right out of high school and make something of yourself now, because you never know what the future holds especially when it comes to the ecomony. Worry about having children and getting married later, after you have reached your goals and conquered your dreams! Don't get me wrong, it's never too late to go to college, but the sooner the better. You can make your own schedule around YOUR life, which makes the transition from high school to college easy and you can still work a job and have time with friends and family. Worry about your future, the rest will all come in time and don't ever give up, because you can do anything!

Margaret

This is a great College and the people are good to you they will help you in any way you need. They are really good people.

Its a great place to get involved with your community and with the people.

People that don't want to learn about Native Culture.

Marcus

My classmates are great people and are willing to further themselves in life by furthering their education.

If I was able to go back in time and give myself advice as a senior in high school, I would tell myself that education is important in life and it's easy if you put your mind to it. I know that it may seem like it's a waste of time but if you further your education you can achieve your goals and become anything that you want to be and do what ever you want to do as a career. All you have to do is study the career by going to a school where they offer the program and graduating. High school is going to go by quickly, four years may seem like a long time but it's going to pass by as if it were months. It's hard being in foster care so far away from your family but you should be focusing on school. School will always be provided to you and there are ways to pay for college if you don't have the money. People will help you and all you have to do is try. You have a lot of potential, everything will fall in place along the way.

Northwest Indian College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.