Northwest Indian College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Northwest Indian College

jenny

I love NWIC. Northwest Indian College is a tribal school and because it is tribally funded, there are some things we do not have readily available in lab and we don't always have fancy equipment. However, whatever we lack in money, we make up in community. I know all my teachers by their first name and have never gone hungry when I could not afford lunch. We take care of each other here. Like any school, there are some disfunction's, but I have always felt like my voice mattered. The cost of attendance is also very low.

Jason

Northwest Indian College is a good school to attend. Being on the Lummi reservation gives a sense of being at home (if you're from a reservation). I also believe that the campus atmosphere is welcoming and the university staff is willing to help and assist all students.

MICHAEL

My major is actually Tribal Governance & Business Management, and I am only a few quarters away from graduating with my Bachelors Degree! I love the NWIC campus, but take most of my classes through their excellent Video Conferencing, distant learning classes. It is amazing that we can utilize technology to take classes anywhere and still have the classroom feel, interaction, and collaboration with other students. I have loved attending this college and it will be bittersweet when I graduate and move on to a Masters Degree. I would recommend NWIC to any student, but especially looking for an Associates or Bachelor Degree in business management, environmental science, or cultural sovereignty.

Akasha

I've had an absolutely daunting time trying to get adjusted, but the whole team here at Northwest Indian College are so active in being support and help for each student.

Jason

Northwest college is above my standards especially with the lack of equipment and large funding like regular universities. I believe their professors are knowledgeable in their expertise and they always try and make themselves available. Housing is awesome as well. They have a great staff that really cares about your well being and education.