Senatobia, MS
Northwest Mississippi Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwest Mississippi Community College

Teresa

Northwest is a school where the teachers are your friend, and will go all the way just to help you and make you feel confortable.

What different about this school then any other school I considered, is the size.

Girl! If you only knew how easy you have it. Take the ACT multiple times and SAT mulitple time. Any job experience is better than no experience at all.

Dear Ashley, College. I am not going to lie, it is hard but it is so wonderful. Do not get discourged when you don't have the friends you did in high school, but cherish the people that you meet. Don't be surprised when you make your first C in bio lab as a final grade, you tried your best. Have enough confidencein yourself to try new things, saying you are not good enough isn't is an option anymore. When you taste that caferteria food, it's over, might as well not even step foot in there. Take advantage of that free gym they have. You will stay up all night studying for tests and writing papers. My advice: do not procrastinate but hey I know you more than you know you yourself so I know that won't happen. One last thing, when you find yourself not knowing what to do with your life, remember that you have all the possibilities in the world. Remember that your first love is teaching but your dream is act under those stage lights, do not compromise your dream but rather exercise it. With love and respect, Your Future Self

When I find myself bragging about Northwest I brag about the Fine Arts. I am under band scholarship and a Theatre major. Northwest cherishes its fine arts. The atomsphere is amazing, and inviting. We are all friends and we all know the harships of being a fine arts major. If it were not for the fine arts I probably would not have the abundance of friends nor would I have recived the encouragement that I recieve everyday from the staff and students to reach a dream that can now become a reality.

Shelby

My school is a very enjoyable community college campus where it is very easy to succeed in classes, great opportunities to make new friends, and a great living environment.

The first thing I would tell myself is to not stress out about classes. I was always very worried about college classes and the new setting and it is not stressful at all and actually a lot more relaxed in collge. I would also tell myself to be prepared to get out of my comfort zone and talk to people I don't know! I would tell myself o go ahead and get in the habbit of studying a little bit everyday because that is what I have learned to do in college because cramming the night before does not work for me.

The worst thing about my school would be the administrative part and the lack of organization when it comes to registering and working out schedule problems. I feel that none of the staff care or know how to correctly direct the student to taking the proper classes in preparation for a four-year university.

Heather

NWCC is probably best for its Nursing programs, Accounting and Vo-Tech. Being a mother and wife I didn't get to enjoy some of the extracaricular activities as much as younger students may.

I attended Northwest Community College because it was close to home and offered what I wanted and needed for my AA in Accountancy. I recently went back for a completely different major and am now hoping to start Delta State for Wildlife Biology. I chose NWCC over other community colleges because of location and it is a familiar campus. The classes are far from too hard to do as long as you do the work. All the teachers have been great to me and always had time to help when they could.

Do what YOU want to do. Do NOT listen to your mother!!! By all means go work in that zoo!! Accounting will get you stuck behind a desk. You'll get stir crazy and stressed when you shouldn't. Get your lisence to be a Wildlife Rehabilitator now because you will love it more than anything. It will be heartbreaking but life is heartbreaking. Find joy in what God has given you to find joy in whatever it is. You know you love outside more than being stuck behind any desk in any office. Get a job outside. And do your damn homework and read the chapters! I am too old now to waste a good education but have loved learning what I have in the last sememster. Learning, no matter how old you really are, you can still do what you want has been empowering. Knowing what I know now, go be a game warden, a zoo keeper, find a wildlife preserve somewhere. Just do something that can make you smile because you're happy and cry because your sad not stressed of office work. Office work kills like crack!!!

Shannon

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say, "Live life on purpose". It is better to go to college right out of high school, work hard, give it your all and do not take breaks. Go straight through to each semester with the intent of making an "A" and not striving for a "B". If you work hard for your "B", celebrate that, but if you are capable of making an "A", acheive that. It is very difficult to get the courage, money and time to go back to school after an extended absence.

The instructors are enthusiastic about teaching at the school. They love the school as much as their field of study. They give you detailed instruction and try to start at your level and raise you up. They are thorough and genuinely care about the students.

I wish I had known how easily I would assimilate. It would have made my transition less stressful for me. I was clearly concerned about something that I need not worry about.

Carolina

Northwest Mississippi Community College is mainly know for it's "2+2 Program." This program allows students who plan to attend University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) to attend school at NWCC for two years, then, transfer to the Ole Miss Campus. Also, depending on the degree, the "2+2 Program" allows students to receive an Ole Miss degree without ever having to step foot on the Ole Miss campus. Northwest Community College offers many classes through Ole Miss at the Southaven NWCC campus.

Carolina, this is you speaking. I am you. I have come back from the future to give you some advise about college. Keep in mind that you currently have a great job that pays well. A year after graduation you will make the decision to quit your job. Do not quit that job! College is more expensive than we thought, and our scholarship does not cover all the necessities. Also, our cherished, crimson vehicle that we love so much will start having many problems. Do not pay the $500 to fix it up, because the engine blows out two months later and you know how Dad is about paying for things to get fixed; he will not fix it. On the bright side, we are doing really good with our grades so do not lose focus in that area. Just make sure that you do not overload yourself with classes, and DO NOT PROCRASTINATE. That nasty habit needs to be left at graduation. With all this said, it is time for me to go. Keep all I have advised you with in mind, and do not lose sight that your education is a journey to success. Sincerely, You.

The worst thing about the school is that art classes are only offered at the main campus. I chose to attend Northwest at its Southaven, MS location because the campus is a thirty minute drive for me. Unfortunately, as an Art major, I have to drive forty-five more minutes to get to the main campus in Senatobia, MS to take at main art classes. It is not the drive I mind so much as I do the gas money I have to spend weekly to get there.

Erin

My school is best known for being an inexpensive way to get your general education courses out of the way before going on to a four year college, which is what I plan to do.

I definately would tell myself to take a few years off and enter the work world but maybe not 15 years which is what I did. I would suggest that taking a foreign language in high school and taking it seriously would have been helpful. Mostly I would tell myself to really establish good study habits because they will come in handy later.

I wish I had known that I could have taken more hours because the classes were not as demanding as I expected.

As an adult, my advice would be to slow down. There is nothing out there better than the college experience and it is not the same when you are an adult. Take the opportunity to learn everything you can but also find time for fun. It is not the end of the world if you don't know what you are interested in. Take the general education requirements but also take classes like photography, economics, or the history of rock and roll in order to expand your knowledge and maybe find a new interest. Being educated is not just about having a degree but also about what you've experienced. Four years is a long time--take it all in and enjoy every minute of it but keep your overall goals firmly planted somewhere that you are reminded of them whenever temptation should arise.

They offer the night classes on one night a week and most of them start at 6:30pm. As a "non-traditional" student I find this very advantageous. It allows me to work full-time and attend classes without the stress of having to rush anywhere. The classes are lengthy but overall it is worth the time to be able to take up to five classes a semester.

They treat the students like they are contunuing high school. Not all students are straight out of high school. It seems that the adminstration micro-manages things. For example, registration for the following semesters must be completed by physically standing in a line and having a volunteer enter the classes into the system. Something that could be done from my home computer. College is an opportunity for young adults to spread their wings and learn the benefits to being responsible and independent, at NWCC they are still sheltering their young students.

Northwest is a wonderful community college whose staff members strive to teach you nothing but the best.

Study, study, and study so you can have a free ride to college and be sure you pay very close attention to the small things.

I would say that the parking is the worst thing because there is not enough parking for the commuters.

Northwest Mississippi Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.