Northwest Mississippi Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Northwest Mississippi Community College

Isaiah

This college is very good for getting your foot though the door on your first year, but other than that the students for the most part don't care and think they are entitled to an education. The Dorms are very segregated by wealth and are occasionally loud daily.The food is good, better than most high school lunches and have much variety and is relatively cheap. Over all 3 stars is a bit harsh so maybe a 3.5 is more accurate.

Marqueria

Northwest Mississippi college is a great college to attend.

Keenan

I'm currently a student living on Senatobia campus, and my advice to you would be if you have the financial capabilities to attend somewhere different, DO IT!!! Unless you're a jock, I which case you can more or Les glide through school with every opportunity given to you, but as a regular student, you get no scholastic breaks. The staff has an unearned sense of entitlement, and will give you the run around on ANYTHING you need t get, from Financial Aid, to Housing, to Paying fees. It's honestly a major pain. Although it claims to be a "drug free campus", there is an overwhelming amount of pot heads that attend (most of which stay in the same undisclosed hall). Unless you enjoy smoking weed every day, this may not be the college for you. There is absolutely NOTHING to do on the weekends, every interweekly accessible commodity that students have, are completely shut down during the weekends. The only thing open is the cafeteria, and you have to have a specialized meal plan to get in! Really, the only thing saving this review is that the people (mostly other students) are so friendly and willing to help. I am normally a shy person, but I have made numerous good friends here in the short time that I have been on campus.

Montana

Nwcc is a great school and was the best decision I could have made. The teachers and staff are always there to help and support students. There is almost always something going on on campus to do. The campus and buildings are always clean and kept up. This school became my home for two years. I met some amazing people here and learned everything from life skills to who I want to be to academics.

Tamaria

I loved Northwest and wish I could go back for at least another year. I had fun both years of being there. I played basketball so, of course, I had more privileges and popularity than most. Northwest, honestly, has taught me a lot and has helped me graduate a year early from my university. So, now I get a chance to be ahead of everything and start my actual adult life thanks to my favorite JUCO.

Camden

I love NWCC and all of the professors I have had so far, they are very open and willing to help each and every student as much as they can, as long as we ask for guidance. I am very excited to begin the Nursing program this fall. Every extracurricular activity that I have been involved in so far is also outstanding as well.

Nala

At Northwest, you are not alone when it comes to your work. There are many advisors on campus that will reach out and make sure you're doing well in their class. There are also some who does not pay attention to it. You have a large number of teachers who are willing to help you if you're struggling, but YOU must reach out. They will notify you when you aren't doing so well and help you raise your grade and they will praise you if you are doing an excellent job. The student body is perfect for people who love a quiet community, but also like to have fun when it's time. There are many events that are held throughout the semesters and you would enjoy them all. If you are into anything like theatre, art, music, video games, etc., there are clubs available that you can join and express your love for those hobbies. Northwest is a very friendly community. You have campus police who will help direct you if you are unsure where you are and students will help you as well. Northwest Community College is a great and safe campus to live on or just to be around. If you are planning to attend, I would tell you to go because it won't get better than that!

Northwest Community College is the go-to community college for students graduating from South Panola. The small classes and available teachers make this small town college attractive. Northwest is a place for education in or out of the classroom and the teachers are always prepared to help even through emails not during school hours. Their many programs for specialized degrees, like nursing, are what attracted me and the reason I attend.

Haley

I recently started to attend Northwest Mississippi Community College, and it is a lot different compared to my other school that I attended. I attended the Desoto campus which is just for commuters so I believe that is the reason why it is so different because the students just are kind of there. I have been going there for two months and have not spoken to but one person in or outside of class, even when I try to start the conversation. But that is nothing that can be changed about the school its self, other than that I really enjoy it. They had many different choices for classes that worked for me and the teachers really want to help. My teachers really seem like they care about their student's futures. This is my first and final semester here, but I wish I would have considered coming here sooner since I am transferring to the University of Mississippi next year and it is actually a 2+2 program for the Ole Miss. I would tell any highschool student that is considering going to a community college first to consider Northwest.

Desiree

My time at Northwest Mississippi College was not the worst but it was not the best. Northwest Mississippi Community College is a good school to get one's college career started. The library and computer lab is very outdated and small compared to other institutes.

Lisette

In my opinion Northwest is a great school. Counselors are always available when you need them. They answer all your questions and when they do not know the answer, they make sure to found out. Teachers and staff are also very friendly. In my opinion small classrooms are a better way for students to be able to engage more. It makes it easier for students to ask questions and even make some friends!

Deanna

The student/instructor ration is wonderful. I love it! The classes are affordable, and the classes are offered at many different times to accommodate your schedule. The online classes make it easy to manage your class schedule with your work/home life. Many financial aid opportunities are present. The campus is clean and safe. The instructors are friendly and truly invested in your success.

Magen

Northwest is a great school. The classes are not too large and the professors are easy to find and talk to if you need help no matter if their your teacher or not. There's always an event going on where students are able to mingle and meet new people. All the facilities and buildings are very nice and I would happily recommend Northwest to graduating seniors.

It's a great school for everyone. It is a safe campus; it is tobacco and alcohol free. The professors go out of their way to help each student. The food is good, and there are many fundraisers for each class/program. Everyone in the school, professors and students, support one another.

Holly

I have been accepted to Northwest and have visited the campus several times, I am so excited to be a student in the fall. I knew Northwest was the school for me the minute i stepped on the campus, everyone was so friendly. A student gave me the tour and let me in on their honest opinion of the school. The campus is very nice and clean.

Akram

Excellent community college to start off.colleges charge around $1,000 for in-state tuition. Attending a community college can be a good way for students to ease into the world of higher education and learn at their own pace. I would definitely recommend it to anybody think about attending the campus:

taylor

It is good when you are trying to transition from a high school environment to an in-between college environment to then be able to go on to a real college campus and be comfortable with their knowledge.

Rainy

My overall opinion of Northwest Mississippi Community College is pretty well. There are good parts, but there are also the bad parts. I believe the class sizes are great. It is like the size of high school classes. This makes it easier to get to know people and to get to know the teacher. Student involvement is also well. Many students play a sport or they are involved in some sort of club. There are a lot of students present for sporting events as well. The down fall is that most of the people are from around here. I personally went to high school with several people from this school. That almost makes it harder to have an actual college experience. I almost feel stuck in high school still. The town itself is also a downfall. It is a small, cute, little town. Most places are closed by ten at night. Five minutes down the road and you are no longer in Senatobia. Overall, I believe the school is a good first start to college for many people.